Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Toby or not Toby

jarrett extends loan until end of season

So RK must be axed in the summer then because he is far too defensive. Is he really gonna drop his robots and bring in an artist or two?

Well, we don't really know if this is how he wants the team to play or whether it's more of having to make do with what's available.

Something to consider is that since we've had Johnson and Jarret in midefield we have had a 4 game unbeaten run and only conceded one goal.

Why? Well, the fact we've only conceded one goal probably has a lot to do with how well Kisnorbo and McCauly are playing, but, it also has a lot to do with how the J-J midfield pairing break up any attacking play from the opposition. With Jarrett closing down players and never giving the opposition time to settle on the ball, and Johnson's (defensive) positional awareness they cause the opposition a lot of problems.

On the negative side Jarrett seems very raw, often rash, at the moment and Johnson often laboured. The most worrying aspect is the fact that nothing creative is ever going to come from these two on a consistent basis, hence the forwards will always suffer from lack of service.

This may suit as a tactic against the majority of the teams in the Championship but it won't take us far in the Premiership, or really facilitate any real push for the play-off's or promotion (for next season ofc).

I'd be happy keeping these two in the side for the majority of the rest of the season, just to breed some confidence in the team, with a view to bringing in a couple of creative/attacking CM's in the summer.

:)

I wouldn't especially connect Jarrett with our conceding one goal in four. Certainly he has made a valid contribution.

But our improved defending is down to having a settled back line once more.

It has also been down to some excellent goalkeeping and some lousy finishing, particularly against Burnley and Coventry.

We could easily have shipped four or five in those two games.

What is pleasing, and where Jarrett has contributed as you say, is in restricting the opposition chances. But that is something we've done before when Hughes/Tiatto have been in midfield. It has been a feature of our zonal defending when at its best and when our back line has been settled.

Of more concern is the other end. Against Luton after we scored, Coventry second half, Burnley throughout and West Brom second half we created very little except through Porter and virtually nothing through the centre.

He just loves two spoilers in central midfield, sometimes three like yesterday, and always at the expense of genuinely creative players who can potentially score goals.

serious chance maker and that's simply not enough.

Creative players? Like Williams perhaps? Now he's gone i've come to the conclusion that frankly he flattered to deceive during his time with us

Creative players? Like Williams perhaps? Now he's gone i've come to the conclusion that frankly he flattered to deceive during his time with us

Williams was as creative about as creative as fish and chips for dinner. I don't believe more people weren't glad to see him go, frankly.

Williams was as creative about as creative as fish and chips for dinner. I don't believe more people weren't glad to see him go, frankly.

What's wrong with Fish and Chips?? :cry:

Williams was, as you say, largely an illusion. He neither made nor scored goals with any regularity. In fact he didn't play with any regularity. We need far better than him creatively and box-to-box.

Archived