Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Toby or not Toby

jarrett extends loan until end of season

I heard he did well against Ipswich, but thought he was one of our worst players v Cov.

Still, anythung to spare us from Hughes.

Hughes made all the difference to our attack when he came on in the second half against Burnley, mind you it had been non-existent in the first half. As for Jarrett he and AJ were anonymous for the whole 90 minutes!

Not going to complain at this. He looked very handy indeed for us against Ipswich, was a little less effective against Cov and I didn't go Burnley so I can't comment. Still, he's a box-to-box midfielder, which is something we have been missing, and I think he'll do a decent job for us until the end of the season. Not complaining.

This is good news he adds a whole different dimension to our central midfield in that he actually makes forward runs and supports the attack, which is something we've no-one else has done from that position this season. Individually he's not been brilliant but his energy definitely benefits the team.

Keep it up Jase! :thumbup:

Well he hasn't impressed me so far in his games but if he gets better boots who knows? :dunno:

isn't that a problem for most footballers these days boots are about fashion now and not how they enable you to run, turn and well errr the important things about being on a pitch!!

as for Jarrett I don't mind him to be fair gives us some much needed balance in midfield something we haven't had for a long while people moan about his sideways passing but to be honest that sort of calm has been missing all season

After todays debacle this seems to me a poor decision. He is no improvement to what we already have. Not surprised Preston don't want him.

You must be joking kidda! He was good again from my point of view! Strong energetic maybe gives the odd ball away but who don't in this leauge?

If you are to complain about players like Jase Jarret then you maybe expecting too much from LCFC's ability to atteract players

You must be joking kidda! He was good again from my point of view! Strong energetic maybe gives the odd ball away but who don't in this leauge?

If you are to complain about players like Jase Jarret then you maybe expecting too much from LCFC's ability to atteract players

I just don't think he was very good at all. Rarely passed to a blue shirt, was engulfed by opposition players and either lacked composure or was too slow on the ball.

Reading what other people have posted most seem to agree with you so maybe I am in the minority.

I just don't think he was very good at all. Rarely passed to a blue shirt, was engulfed by opposition players and either lacked composure or was too slow on the ball.

Reading what other people have posted most seem to agree with you so maybe I am in the minority.

Maybe to be honest I do think he has the energy which we are lacking in midfield. No one else has the stamina or pace of him thats why i like him

I think Kelly only signed him because we were short of experienced midfielders and the fact he is on the books at Preston sealed the deal.

I'll call him up and apologize if he turns out to be good but he..........just isnt good.

Maybe he could be the kind of player that runs around and helps out the defence (the kind of player Kelly loves) but give him a ball and tell him to go past the man in the street and he wouldnt be able to do it.

I also thought he was awful today. Passing was poor. Off the pace. Gave the ball away too quickly (and too 'sideways'). I'm sure he'll improve like AJ has.

You can't just look at his individual performance, though, the overall effect he has on the team and the performance is very good. He makes forward runs and supports the attack which gives us an extra option when we're attacking.

You can't just look at his individual performance, though, the overall effect he has on the team and the performance is very good. He makes forward runs and supports the attack which gives us an extra option when we're attacking.

Hallelujah someone with a brain cell. :whistle:

When I came back from the game I didn't think Jarrett had played badly, just some things not coming off for him. He also doesn't get many passes. He could also do with shooting more when the ball comes away from the goal to the midfielder running in. Hit it first time.

After watching the championship though I can see what he gives us more. Him and AJ know their roles, it's almost like a diamond. They both close down and break up attacks, but Jarrett is much more attacking, while Johnson stays back and is more defensive.

It's exactly that type of diverse midfield we need, that opens up gaps in the pitch and lets us play with more space. If Yeates had been on earlier we might even had nicked the game, because we'd have been playing much more expansively.

My only complaint about Johnson yesterday was that he sometimes gets too close to the man with the ball when we're in possession and isn't a very useful outlet if the man with the ball is being closed down, since said man just runs straight at Johnson. He didn't do it loads though, just the odd time.

I do not understand where these poor ratings for JJ are coming from, I thought he had a very good game. Energetic and hardworking in midfield, I think he and AJ and went along way to ensuring that West Brom's quality midfield could not get a grip on the game. Jason Koumas off after an our for a poor performance? Nuff said.

Johnson and Jarret in tandem is the stuff of Rob Kelly wet dreams.

And that's Kelly's major problem.

Johnson-Jarrett

Hughes-Tiatto

He just loves two spoilers in central midfield, sometimes three like yesterday, and always at the expense of genuinely creative players who can potentially score goals.

There's nothing especially wrong with Jarrett its just that he's like an old VW really - mass produced.

There's 100's like him. All workrate and energy but precious little craft and very little box to box as the game wears on. His scoring record is not worth mentioning.

He's no worse than any of the other three I've named but we need more than that. And one spoiler in central midfield is plenty.

We need a goalscorer in midfield - and a minimum of seven potential scorers in every team we put out to win things. People forget by how much we have got to lift our goalscoring tally to have any chance of real success.

Having no-one genuinely creative and threatening in midfield is not only costing us goals from that department but is also contributing to the lack of goals from our main strikers - and it's no accident because every striker has suffered for a long, long time.

Porter remains our only serious chance maker and that's simply not enough.

The extra option in attack is laughable. An extra option if you need to pass the ball to someone who will fanny about with it, wont even look up to see whats on, end up passing the ball backwards or losing possession altogether.

And that's Kelly's major problem.

Johnson-Jarrett

Hughes-Tiatto

He just loves two spoilers in central midfield, sometimes three like yesterday, and always at the expense of genuinely creative players who can potentially score goals.

There's nothing especially wrong with Jarrett its just that he's like an old VW really - mass produced.

There's 100's like him. All workrate and energy but precious little craft and very little box to box as the game wears on. His scoring record is not worth mentioning.

He's no worse than any of the other three I've named but we need more than that. And one spoiler in central midfield is plenty.

We need a goalscorer in midfield - and a minimum of seven potential scorers in every team we put out to win things. People forget by how much we have got to lift our goalscoring tally to have any chance of real success.

Having no-one genuinely creative and threatening in midfield is not only costing us goals from that department but is also contributing to the lack of goals from our main strikers - and it's no accident because every striker has suffered for a long, long time.

Porter remains our only serious chance maker and that's simply not enough.

Jarrett gets into a lot of goalscoring positions with his movement, he just doesn't shoot much. If he can do that more he'd be great. I'd say we have... 6 potential goalscorers on a good day, 8 if you include our centre-backs. :D

Something to consider is that since we've had Johnson and Jarret in midefield we have had a 4 game unbeaten run and only conceded one goal.

Why? Well, the fact we've only conceded one goal probably has a lot to do with how well Kisnorbo and McCauly are playing, but, it also has a lot to do with how the J-J midfield pairing break up any attacking play from the opposition. With Jarrett closing down players and never giving the opposition time to settle on the ball, and Johnson's (defensive) positional awareness they cause the opposition a lot of problems.

On the negative side Jarrett seems very raw, often rash, at the moment and Johnson often laboured. The most worrying aspect is the fact that nothing creative is ever going to come from these two on a consistent basis, hence the forwards will always suffer from lack of service.

This may suit as a tactic against the majority of the teams in the Championship but it won't take us far in the Premiership, or really facilitate any real push for the play-off's or promotion (for next season ofc).

I'd be happy keeping these two in the side for the majority of the rest of the season, just to breed some confidence in the team, with a view to bringing in a couple of creative/attacking CM's in the summer.

:)

Something to consider is that since we've had Johnson and Jarret in midefield we have had a 4 game unbeaten run and only conceded one goal.

Why? Well, the fact we've only conceded one goal probably has a lot to do with how well Kisnorbo and McCauly are playing, but, it also has a lot to do with how the J-J midfield pairing break up any attacking play from the opposition. With Jarrett closing down players and never giving the opposition time to settle on the ball, and Johnson's (defensive) positional awareness they cause the opposition a lot of problems.

On the negative side Jarrett seems very raw, often rash, at the moment and Johnson often laboured. The most worrying aspect is the fact that nothing creative is ever going to come from these two on a consistent basis, hence the forwards will always suffer from lack of service.

This may suit as a tactic against the majority of the teams in the Championship but it won't take us far in the Premiership, or really facilitate any real push for the play-off's or promotion (for next season ofc).

I'd be happy keeping these two in the side for the majority of the rest of the season, just to breed some confidence in the team, with a view to bringing in a couple of creative/attacking CM's in the summer.

:)

So RK must be axed in the summer then because he is far too defensive. Is he really gonna drop his robots and bring in an artist or two?

Archived