Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sotonfox

Were the delays a blessing in disguise

Do you think the delays in the Milan deal going through will be a good thing in the long run?

I would be very concerned if we we had been able to push for the play offs this year. I know some out there have still not given up this season but get real, it could be the worst thing we could do!!

As much as it hurts to say, the task of turning LCFC into viable Premiership material will take longer than 8 months (whether that's changes to players or management or both).

Thank god for Milans mother I say!!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Do you think the delays in the Milan deal going through will be a good thing in the long run?

I would be very concerned if we we had been able to push for the play offs this year. I know some out there have still not given up this season but get real, it could be the worst thing we could do!!

As much as it hurts to say, the task of turning LCFC into viable Premiership material will take longer than 8 months (whether that's changes to players or management or both).

Thank Budgie not Milan's mother :thumbup:

I would imagine that MM could have made the changes he wanted to in 8 months, you pretty much need a different team in the prem to make any sort of impact, it would be mostly loanees in the championship, so whether that had happened this year or next year you can gurantee there will be big changes at the end of the season.

One things for sure in the short term with MM don't pay for a name on your shirt :P

if we'd gone up but came straight back down we would still trouser £50 million over the next 3 years, not counting increased sponsorship attendances etc. well worth the effort i would have thought.

if we'd gone up but came straight back down we would still trouser £50 million over the next 3 years, not counting increased sponsorship attendances etc. well worth the effort i would have thought.

Can't argue with that - don't think you could ever say that going up would be a bad thing - even if we did come straight back down. :dunno:

Fantastic, right back where we were. I thought for the first time since O'Neill, we were going to have a shot at a long term stay in the Prem.

Obviously Mandaric is no Abramovich and It's nice to have a few quid, but how much money do you get for staying in the prem??

:welcome: - good first post.

I agree. The players have been involved in a relegation battle for most of the season. If we were to go up, the players would be nowhere near ready.

Like Flynny said, i'd take promotion anyday. Just I think we would stand a better chance of staying up if we go up some other time.

Fantastic, right back where we were. I thought for the first time since O'Neill, we were going to have a shot at a long term stay in the Prem.

Obviously Mandaric is no Abramovich and It's nice to have a few quid, but how much money do you get for staying in the prem??

As I understand it from next season the top team gets £50 mill and the 3 relegated teams get £30mill. I would imagine the difference between 4th and 3rd bottom to be minimal.

Let's face it, apart from the top 4+ plus teams staying up has as much to do with luck and having a good manager as it does with having money. We're a testament to that, Charlton may also be.

Same as having MM's £9 mill wont guarantee promotion, the £12mill we got last time we were relegated didn't and many teams before and since have also found that to be the case.

If nothing else it saved us from 6 months of posts about we can make the playoffs no we can't yes we can no we can't yes we can no we can't yes we can no we can't yes we can no we can't yes we can no we can't yes we can no we can't yes we can no we can't yes we can no we can't yes we can no we can't yes we can.

And so on :P At least now only the real optimists mention it as a possibility.

The above are right, we have a better chance of staying up the second time, so the first can't come soon enough.

As much as i hate to admit it your right, if we would have reached the playoffs this season and won them then next season we would be straight back down. So yeah i think the delays have cost us a year of watfordesque embarassment. :thumbup:

Yeah, I wonder which scenario I'd prefer.

1) Winning regularly in the Championship, making the play offs, winning promotion, playing in the Premiership with at least a chance of staying there. Potentially much better financially to take the club forward even if relegated.

2) Inconsistent form in the Championship, finishing midtable, rebuild for next season, no guarantee of promotion.

Yeah, I wonder which scenario I'd prefer.

1) Winning regularly in the Championship, making the play offs, winning promotion, playing in the Premiership with at least a chance of staying there. Potentially much better financially to take the club forward even if relegated.

2) Inconsistent form in the Championship, finishing midtable, rebuild for next season, no guarantee of promotion.

Yeah, we need a winning mentality.

Not a win, win, draw, lose, lose, lose, lose mentality. Of course if we did go up, I wouldn't be fussed lol

As I understand it from next season the top team gets £50 mill and the 3 relegated teams get £30mill. I would imagine the difference between 4th and 3rd bottom to be minimal.

Let's face it, apart from the top 4+ plus teams staying up has as much to do with luck and having a good manager as it does with having money. We're a testament to that, Charlton may also be.

Same as having MM's £9 mill wont guarantee promotion, the £12mill we got last time we were relegated didn't and many teams before and since have also found that to be the case.

yes, the biggest boost with having MM is leadership at the club from a football minded persion the 9mill is a bonus. I expect there may be more then 9 mill tho from increased income and possible loans from MM.

The parachute payments are higher then in the past tho I think they are now going to be 12mill x 2 instead of 7mill x 2.

yes, the biggest boost with having MM is leadership at the club from a football minded persion the 9mill is a bonus. I expect there may be more then 9 mill tho from increased income and possible loans from MM.

The parachute payments are higher then in the past tho I think they are now going to be 12mill x 2 instead of 7mill x 2.

In which case we want a piece of that pie as soon as possibble even if it means utter humuliation in the Prem. Strikes me that unless you have £50M in your back pocket no one is going to stay up first time anymore.

Its held things back six months IMO.

Had MM come in lets say in December, it would have given him a chance to assess RK and the squad and make changes in January. Instead, MM has been forced to keep RK until the end of the season and Im not convinced he has him in his long term plans and even worse, no investment has been made in the squad for next season.

We theoritacally could have made some changes to the playing staff in January and would have had them bedded in for the new season. Instead, we now will have to buy players in the summer and then get them to settle in.

The slight plus to this delay may be in the prices of players. Im hoping that the premier clubs will be spending there new found wealth on the best of the Championship and abroad which may help us when it comes to weakening our opponents and strengthening with forewign players, maybe making them drop there prices for there reserve players just to get them off the wage bill. I live in hope....

Archived