Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Floating Fox

Scott Lycett

He is or was still on our books only a few weeks ago. He's getting to the age now though where he needs first team football and he's probably never going to be good enough for Championship level.

He's a steady enough defender with a good leap on him, but they are ten a penny at youth level.

Just head he's playing for grimsby tonight in a reserves game on trial.

I was justy wondering what happened to him and what you (Thracian) make of him.

:thumbup:

Scott's a smashing player in many ways. Focused, brave, determined, a forceful cajoler of team-mates in a constructive way, always involved, a decent footballer who can support and use the ball well, reasonable reader of the game and an altogether good guy to have around.

City's Academy team has coped reasonably well defensively considering their focus, at least until recently, has been so much on attack.

Scott's problem is that, for a centre-back or defensive midfield player, he is not the tallest, biggest or strongest and that can cause him problems at times, not only at the back but because he's not likely to add to your goals tally at set pieces and these things all count.

I'll always stand to be wrong but don't see him as potential first team at Leicester. However he just might do a job further down if he can convey the Beaglehole approach to playing and then do his bit. I certainly wish him the best.

They make the big decisions on whether to offer contracts around the christmas period. It was made clear even before that period that he didn't have a future at the club, but they'd help him work something out.

They make the big decisions on whether to offer contracts around the christmas period. It was made clear even before that period that he didn't have a future at the club, but they'd help him work something out.

Do you know whether Chambers and Mattock will be getting a professional one this year?

Do you know whether Chambers and Mattock will be getting a professional one this year?

They decide on whether to offer professional contracts when the player is in the last year of under 18. Whether or not they make this decision earlier in special cases i don't know.

Scott's a smashing player in many ways. Focused, brave, determined, a forceful cajoler of team-mates in a constructive way, always involved, a decent footballer who can support and use the ball well, reasonable reader of the game and an altogether good guy to have around.

lollollollol

Lycett reminds me of McCarthy a lot. His heart's in the right place but the ability isn't always there. I think Garner's got more potential than Lycett anyway. He's a big lad for his age and is deceptively quick. I know someone who's played against him who is quite nippy and they said they were surprised by how quick Garner was. Could make-up 3 or 4 yards in no time at all which for a big defender is useful.

Lycett reminds me of McCarthy a lot. His heart's in the right place but the ability isn't always there. I think Garner's got more potential than Lycett anyway. He's a big lad for his age and is deceptively quick. I know someone who's played against him who is quite nippy and they said they were surprised by how quick Garner was. Could make-up 3 or 4 yards in no time at all which for a big defender is useful.

It's not often I disagree with you - and not about Lycett I hasten to add - but Garner looks the most clumsy and indecisive defender I've seen in an under 18 side.

It is not that he never makes a contribution but on two of the three occasions I've watched him he's made elementary errors which have cost his team dearly.

It's early days though, and if the lad learns from those experiences and comes on as fast as, say, Tom Tejan-Sie he'll perhaps change my mind.

Well Grimsby won 3-0.

Don't know how SL got on im afraid.

I can't see anything on other forums but it sounds promising if he got a game at centre-back or defensive midfield and they kept a clean sheet.

But it's not Reserves level that's the challenge for him - he's played well enough in the reserves for Leicester on occasions.

I can't see anything on other forums but it sounds promising if he got a game at centre-back or defensive midfield and they kept a clean sheet.

But it's not Reserves level that's the challenge for him - he's played well enough in the reserves for Leicester on occasions.

Chatted to a few grimsby fans and they was very impressed with Lycett,they had 4 trialist playing but they said Lycett stood out as a class player,they are just hopefull they can sign him!

They said his defending and the way he read the game was top class!

If you go to the grimsby town website you can go on the message board without registering!!

Archived