Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Palace V Leicester City - Pre-Match Chit chat

Guest Gist

I'd prefer to start Hammond and Horsfield, with Hume attacking midfield.

But we all know thats not going to happen, so I'd prefer to start Hammond rather than Horsfield, if nothing else he should tire their defenders out more, than perhaps bring Horsfield on.

Yes, but bringing Horsfield on when their defenders are tired is less effective than bringing Hammond on when their defenders are tired.

Guest Gist

Why should their defenders get tired dealing with a lone striker like Horsfield?

I supose you could say that but they are still likely to get tired near the end of the game and that's when it is best to bring Hammond on I think.

No doubt about it I feel Hammond has a part to play in this team. I dont think hes ever had a shocker when starting. And the times hes come on with 20 odd minutes to go and made an impact, hes had no credit for. Especially away from Home think Birmingham, southend, Derby.

No doubt about it I feel Hammond has a part to play in this team. I dont think hes ever had a shocker when starting. And the times hes come on with 20 odd minutes to go and made an impact, hes had no credit for. Especially away from Home think Birmingham, southend, Derby.

I'd seriously think of replacing Yeates with Porter for a week. Tiatto replaces AJ. In front I'd give Cada a full game paired with Hume. And I'd keep it for two three games

I`d think RK will go with....

Hendo, Nissa, Kisnorbo, McAuley, Maybury, Levi, AJ, Jarrett, Hughes, Hume, Horsfield

I`d prefer that an academy player is given a run out in the game though but I dont think it will happen. I think RK is too busy picking a team for his future and not the club and will take few risks between now and the end of the season because he realises that bad results may cost him his job. It will be easier for MM to sack him if we are struggling. Its a shame because I`d like to see some of the academy kids introuduced to the team at some stage because they wont get a chance next season after we have opened the cheque book on more experienced players.

I`d think RK will go with....

Hendo, Nissa, Kisnorbo, McAuley, Maybury, Levi, AJ, Jarrett, Hughes, Hume, Horsfield

I`d prefer that an academy player is given a run out in the game though but I dont think it will happen. I think RK is too busy picking a team for his future and not the club and will take few risks between now and the end of the season because he realises that bad results may cost him his job. It will be easier for MM to sack him if we are struggling. Its a shame because I`d like to see some of the academy kids introuduced to the team at some stage because they wont get a chance next season after we have opened the cheque book on more experienced players.

It is indeed hard to see the Academy having a purpose under the new regime.

Who's come through this year? Levi Porter. And even then some fans didn't want him there and didn't rate him. If that's all they can manage from an intake it probably isn't worth the effort and expense unless you simply put it down as a social service

Logan has disappeared and would probably be best finding another club if he wants any football. Stearman is a bit player and Weso seems permanently doubtful.

Sheehan, Dodds, Gradel and King have never had a look in. None but Porter has made any noticeable progress since the reserves foundered, whatever that says.

If there's nowhere for our best players to play then I'm damned sure the lesser players will hit a cul-de-sac.

I wouldn't mind if the people I've mentioned like Jeffers, Hendry or Lupoli were arriving but what message does it send to those Academy players when we bring in Horsfield, Yeates, Jarrett, Welsh, even Cadamarteri.

Time to go, probably.

But they have to chase Hammond more, Horsfields not exactly pacey, even if Hammond isn't the most technically gifted player, he's still going to cause them problems they'll have to deal with.

Cause the linesman problems more like! Least he'll get a good work out lifting that flag every 2minutes!

It is indeed hard to see the Academy having a purpose under the new regime.

Who's come through this year? Levi Porter. And even then some fans didn't want him there and didn't rate him. If that's all they can manage from an intake it probably isn't worth the effort and expense unless you simply put it down as a social service

Logan has disappeared and would probably be best finding another club if he wants any football. Stearman is a bit player and Weso seems permanently doubtful.

Sheehan, Dodds, Gradel and King have never had a look in. None but Porter has made any noticeable progress since the reserves foundered, whatever that says.

If there's nowhere for our best players to play then I'm damned sure the lesser players will hit a cul-de-sac.

I wouldn't mind if the people I've mentioned like Jeffers, Hendry or Lupoli were arriving but what message does it send to those Academy players when we bring in Horsfield, Yeates, Jarrett, Welsh, even Cadamarteri.

Time to go, probably.

Its all about timing. I wouldnt have thrust these academy lads in when were were near the bottom of the table to the loanees have served there purpose but I would definately not want to bring in any players like the loanees we have now or continue with the likes of Yeates ahead of some of the academy players. Now is the time to take a gamble and who knows, one of the kids could actually adapt to this level instantly. I doubt that RK is prepared to take the risk though.

First away game in a looooong time (seriously, like many years)- now I have funds, life is great!

Would play:

--------------------------------Hendo------------------------------------

---------------McAuley-------Kisnorbo----------Skills------------------

----Yeates------------Jarrett-------------Weso-------------Porter------

-----------------Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuume---------------

-----------------------Caders----------------The Horse-----------------

Subs: Logan, Fryatt, Stearz, King, Hughes

Of course that isn't the team that will actually play but I can dream...

first away game of season :D

c'mon leicester we can win

hope he goes:

hendo

maybs (if fit)

nils

Kizza

mcauley

yeats

porter

johnson

jarret

hammond(horse if avaible)

huuuuuuuuume

Easy trip for once.

Early EasyJet to Gatwick, train to the game via Croydon or Victoria, couple of beers, game, train to Gatwick, flight home in time for a couple of San Miquels before bed.

Top day out, much easier than getting to the Walkers! :thumbup:

Brilliant. I will of course be travelling down. And enjoying myself, both in the pub and in the stands at Selhurst. Hoping that we get a good atmosphere in there, and that the team will give us something to sing about away from home in the league. McAnuff isn't playing as far as I'm aware, and he's always a threat to us. The rest of their injury list is pretty long as well. Sounds like we have a good chance to go there and win. If Kelly approaches it right. :rolleyes:

First away game in a looooong time (seriously, like many years)- now I have funds, life is great!

Would play:

--------------------------------Hendo------------------------------------

---------------McAuley-------Kisnorbo----------Skills------------------

----Yeates------------Jarrett-------------Weso-------------Porter------

-----------------Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuume---------------

-----------------------Caders----------------The Horse-----------------

Subs: Logan, Fryatt, Stearz, King, Hughes

Of course that isn't the team that will actually play but I can dream...

As long as it doesnt have Hammond because I cannot stand the guy he is a striker and has never shown goalscoring form like Matty or Hume (Cada hasnt had a chance) Horse hasnt done great but hes not had 2 years to try and impress and I like Horse he gives us height strenth and we then do so much better in attack when we have him. IMO

Archived