Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
City Lad

Whats with all the gloom?

This has probably been done before but I just wanted to put my views accros:

The team, before the Palace game, have been on a great run of results. They beat Ipswich, Coventry and even, our bogey team, Burnley (all be it with a own goal) But one poor performance changed it all. A lose to a team who we rarely beat away from home. This time last year we would not have minded as much as we did yesterday. Its all about our expectation. With Milan coming, everybody expected instant results.

They came but everybody needs to realise that the end of this season is pointless. We just have to wait patiently until the summer where we can shock the championship with some good signings. Although he has made some surprising decisions, Rob Kelly could be the man to lead us there. I know this has been said many times; he has not had the opportunity to spend the cash – it’s true.

The fact is that none of us know how he will react with a chairman who will sack him if our current form stretches into next year. How will he spend the money? He won’t have much choice, MM will be pushing him to go for Premier League stars and not lower league talent.

The period of time when we ALL where happy has gone, some are still being degative. Why? We have one of the best, most loved Chairman in England! There wont be any more midtable championship, more like the top 6. This is what we have been waiting for!

Who ever is in charge – its going to be a great few years to support Leicester! :scarf:

This has probably been done before but I just wanted to put my views accros:

The team, before the Palace game, have been on a great run of results. They beat Ipswich, Coventry and even, our bogey team, Burnley (all be it with a own goal) But one poor performance changed it all. A lose to a team who we rarely beat away from home. This time last year we would not have minded as much as we did yesterday. Its all about our expectation. With Milan coming, everybody expected instant results.

They came but everybody needs to realise that the end of this season is pointless. We just have to wait patiently until the summer where we can shock the championship with some good signings. Although he has made some surprising decisions, Rob Kelly could be the man to lead us there. I know this has been said many times; he has not had the opportunity to spend the cash – it's true.

The fact is that none of us know how he will react with a chairman who will sack him if our current form stretches into next year. How will he spend the money? He won't have much choice, MM will be pushing him to go for Premier League stars and not lower league talent.

The period of time when we ALL where happy has gone, some are still being degative. Why? We have one of the best, most loved Chairman in England! There wont be any more midtable championship, more like the top 6. This is what we have been waiting for!

Who ever is in charge – its going to be a great few years to support Leicester! :scarf:

Your argument may have had some credence if it wasn't for the simple fact that "But one poor performance changed it all" is total bollocks, there have been many poor performances, Southend was poor, Burnley was abysmal, need I go on? This reflects on his inability to find decent loanees, motivate a team, use subs effectively.

He says he wants to be hard to beat, fair enough but that shouldn't be at the expense of trying to win, RK is more hoping to win. Being hard to beat is not just about flooding your team with defenders it's more subtle than that it's about identifying other teams specific strengths and counteracting them in a focussed approach. But most of all it's so obvious, in case you're reading this Rob its about keeping possession and passing the ball to a team mate.

As for your assumption that because of MM we will be guaranteed a top 6 place consider this.

The 3 teams to be relegated will have more money than us, along with maybe one of those relegated last year who don't get promoted this year. Sheff Weds & Cov could well have money to burn by then.

MM has committed to put 9mill into the club to clear the day to day debts and for players. That's 4 to 5 mill a year. Well we had 6 mill a year when we got relegated last time and did FA with it,

So it will not be the stroll in the park you predict!

Money is no guarantee of success you need a manager that is astute, cunning, tactically aware with the ability to attract quality, ambitious players. Is that RK? :dunno:

Your argument may have had some credence if it wasn't for the simple fact that "But one poor performance changed it all" is total bollocks, there have been many poor performances, Southend was poor, Burnley was abysmal, need I go on? This reflects on his inability to find decent loanees, motivate a team, use subs effectively.

He says he wants to be hard to beat, fair enough but that shouldn't be at the expense of trying to win, RK is more hoping to win. Being hard to beat is not just about flooding your team with defenders it's more subtle than that it's about identifying other teams specific strengths and counteracting them in a focussed approach. But most of all it's so obvious, in case you're reading this Rob its about keeping possession and passing the ball to a team mate.

As for your assumption that because of MM we will be guaranteed a top 6 place consider this.

The 3 teams to be relegated will have more money than us, along with maybe one of those relegated last year who don't get promoted this year. Sheff Weds & Cov could well have money to burn by then.

MM has committed to put 9mill into the club to clear the day to day debts and for players. That's 4 to 5 mill a year. Well we had 6 mill a year when we got relegated last time and did FA with it,

Money is no guarantee of success you need a manager that is astute, cunning, tactically aware with the ability to attract quality, ambitious players. Is that RK? :dunno:

agreed ; can i assume you are gloomy today then :P

btw, where is your sig picture of leeds castle gone ? i thought i had detected a cryptic theme in your sigs ; ie you had a sig picture of a place that represented the next team we were playing;

you had the great exhibition hall, "nicknamed crystal palace " but not actually in the area of crystal palace and then leeds castle in kent not yorkshire ;

I was expecting a picture of epsom racecourse when we played Derby ; was I looking too deep into the meaning of your sig pic

Fair point. I did not say that we will guaranteed a top 6 place. The fact that i was saying is that the club will be in a healthier state next year. Who ever is in charge. And yes, Sounthend, Burnley and Palace - fair enough :thumbup: Im just really not sure about RK and if he is the man for the job. He might to a good job :dunno:

btw, where is your sig picture of leeds castle gone ? i thought i had detected a cryptic theme in your sigs ; ie you had a sig picture of a place that represented the next team we were playing;

you had the great exhibition hall, "nicknamed crystal palace " but not actually in the area of crystal palace and then leeds castle in kent not yorkshire ;

I was expecting a picture of epsom racecourse when we played Derby ; was I looking too deep into the meaning of your sig pic

Re the question of the sig, you're right well spotted :thumbup: - the answer to their disapearance is your first assumption, yes I'm gloomy today and anything to do with the current LCFC set up was reminding me of that, so I've dipped into the past to cheer myself up.

Normal service might be resumed tomorrow. :dunno:

Fair point. I did not say that we will guaranteed a top 6 place. The fact that i was saying is that the club will be in a healthier state next year. Who ever is in charge. And yes, Sounthend, Burnley and Palace - fair enough :thumbup: Im just really not sure about RK and if he is the man for the job. He might to a good job :dunno:

I think you've answered your own question!

People are extra gloomy because they like RK and want him to succeed, but their patience and belief in him is wearing very thin; this coupled with the fact that there are no obvious replacements out there means that despite the potential of the MM factor it's hard to conjure up an image of LCFC being successful any time soon.

Well that's how I feel!

Yesterday was a big turning point for me. Everyone else could see that the midfield was not working at Southend and yet he still churned out the same tired rubbish at Palace. Why on earth he persists with Johnson I have no idea. There's absolutely no platform for us to win the game from. We get completely overrun in midfield time after time after time. And yes, sometimes we can play well even with Johnson in the side like against Coventry in the first half. But the other team has to be absolutely shocking.

Whoever makes the decisions on new signings in the summer, be it Mandaric, Kelly or a new manager, they have to sort the central midfield out. It's been woeful for so long now. None of this arsing around with right-wingers or strikers, we've got players who can play there and do a job. When we got promoted last time we had James Scowcroft on the right wing all season. The key though was that we could control games because we had a Premiership class box-to-box midfielder in Izzet and a solid, reliable defensive midfielder behind him in McKinlay. At the moment we have nothing. No-one seems to be able to do anything with it in midfield. It's ridiculous. In Hume they have an easy getout clause, just pump the ball in his general direction and he will scrap for it. He's got excellent control and he can outleap taller defenders and they just rely on him to do it all most of the time. Someone like Horsfield can be great when the midfield pushes up and our key attacking players can play off him but our away performances just don't set that up. I reckon he could be okay next season for us as a presumably quite cheap targetman option but only if we can gain a foothold in games and push up the pitch properly.

I think you've answered your own question!

People are extra gloomy because they like RK and want him to succeed, but their patience and belief in him is wearing very thin; this coupled with the fact that there are no obvious replacements out there means that despite the potential of the MM factor it's hard to conjure up an image of LCFC being successful any time soon.

Well that's how I feel!

Trouble is most of the good managers are already in jobs and the crap ones aren't. Just because we have Mandaric and money doesn't mean we'll be able to tempt managers away from their current jobs. Mind you we could go for Gary Johnson at Bristol City if they fail to get up this season. Good track record in previous job at Yeovil and even managed the Latvian national team i think.

Yesterday was a big turning point for me. Everyone else could see that the midfield was not working at Southend and yet he still churned out the same tired rubbish at Palace. Why on earth he persists with Johnson I have no idea. There's absolutely no platform for us to win the game from. We get completely overrun in midfield time after time after time. And yes, sometimes we can play well even with Johnson in the side like against Coventry in the first half. But the other team has to be absolutely shocking.

Whoever makes the decisions on new signings in the summer, be it Mandaric, Kelly or a new manager, they have to sort the central midfield out. It's been woeful for so long now. None of this arsing around with right-wingers or strikers, we've got players who can play there and do a job. When we got promoted last time we had James Scowcroft on the right wing all season. The key though was that we could control games because we had a Premiership class box-to-box midfielder in Izzet and a solid, reliable defensive midfielder behind him in McKinlay. At the moment we have nothing. No-one seems to be able to do anything with it in midfield. It's ridiculous. In Hume they have an easy getout clause, just pump the ball in his general direction and he will scrap for it. He's got excellent control and he can outleap taller defenders and they just rely on him to do it all most of the time. Someone like Horsfield can be great when the midfield pushes up and our key attacking players can play off him but our away performances just don't set that up. I reckon he could be okay next season for us as a presumably quite cheap targetman option but only if we can gain a foothold in games and push up the pitch properly.

Good call!...wish I'd said that..probably will on Tuesday :ph34r:

1. The season's not over until the last game ends, every league position is extra revenue as I understand it. It's also experience and the developement of a winning habit.

2. Pardon my Thracianism, but if the season WAS over and all we were doing was waiting, what's the justification for holding back the progress of King, Gradel, Odiagjagahahabo, or whoever, and denying them vital experience?

3. How can you possibly not be gloomy when we support a professional football club that lacks any form of midfield?

4. Crystal Palace wasn't just a bad result, it was a bad performance. We played without ambition, ideas, heart, belief, edge, pace, direction and leadership. Simply put, it was like watching the National Paraplegics' Under 13s side play the RNIB Youth 11. It speaks wonders for a football match when the highlight is a chant about Stevie Walsh.

Actually the Crystal Palace exhibition hall was moved to Penge - Now part of Crystal Palace Ward - from Hyde Park after the Great Exhibition, and this is why the area is called Crystal Palace.

I think it's just a case of even when we are winning we don't show anything special enough to suggest we are a team that can challenge for playoffs! Ppl may say we showed it against Fulham, but come on we can only be judged on our recent performances and although we were 6match unbeaten until Saturday, lets be honest this team cannot gain promotion the way its playing at the moment! Big changes are needed for next season. I think ppl complaining after a 6match unbeaten run just shows how ambitious we are at getting back to the Prem!

Archived