Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Horsfield's shorts

I agree wiht you there although I can't quite make up my mind whether Elvis is good enough for a first team place. At the moment he is coming off of the bench as an impact player and in my opnion, doing very well. He has demonstrated that he cannot hack it when he starts and I wonder whether it would we a wise decision to start him ahead of Fryatt, Horsfield or even Cadamarteri perhaps.

I think those who claim Hammond plays better coming off the bench have a point. He doesn't seem to last a full game in the style he plays.

My main thrust is get people to encourage the guy and stop rubbishing everything he does as a matter of course when a lot of the time he's causing havoc and making things happen which weren't happening before.

The trouble with quiet spells like the first half against Leeds is that no-one's having shots or making chances so no-one is obviously guilty of doing anything wrong.

Horsfield has been a classic example lately but not the only one. He's hardly ever sharp enough or in position to have a shot, let alone to get offside!.

Jarrett's rarely shoots and Hughes never looks like he wants a shot when he gets one.

It might be to feel at one with the rest of his City colleagues who don't even score or make as many goals as he does - people like Horsfield, Hughes, or Yeates.

Or even the others like Johnson, Tiatto or Jarrett who hardly ever get near enough to have a shot at goal.

Or finally Cadamarteri and Fryatt who who can't even demonstrate that they are fit to play for 90 minutes on any regular basis.

No-one's trying to claim that Hammond is a world beater or the next potential Arsenal signing.

Just that he merits a place in the current City side.

Hasn't he scored 1 and set 2 goals up in the very few starts he's had?

Hasn't he scored 1 and set 2 goals up in the very few starts he's had?

You refer to Yeates "few" starts but it's worth remembering that Hammond's 10 goals/assists have often come from part games, or even cameos, rather than from full games.

However the whole point of my comment was not to discredit Yeates, or anyone else, but to indicate that Hammond simply doesn't deserve the constant criticism and lack of appreciation considering the contribution he makes in limited appearance time.

You refer to Yeates "few" starts but it's worth remembering that Hammond's 10 goals/assists have often come from part games, or even cameos, rather than from full games.

However the whole point of my comment was not to discredit Yeates, or anyone else, but to indicate that Hammond simply doesn't deserve the constant criticism and lack of appreciation considering the contribution he makes in limited appearance time.

Fair enough, I was just simply stating that Yeates did have a very good start here. Scored and then set 1 or 2 up and then got dropped for Stephen 'sprayer' Hughes.

It's also debatable whether Elvis has 5 assists

Perosnally i class an assist as a cross, through ball etc?

Some people seem to think that touching the ball 8 passes before we score constitutes an assist!!!! :)

"great running off the ball by Hammond allowed porter to pinpoint a precicion pass all of three yards to Hume who smashed it home from 18 yards but is clearly overrated and not scored since november yadda yadda yadda pick king and gradel!" ;)

Hammond 17 starts 13 subs 5 goals 5 assists? ratio 0.33

Yeates 4 starts 3 subs 1 goal 2 assists? ratio 0.43

See, i can manipulate stats to backup an argument as well!!!!!

;)

And if I had to choose between Hammond and Yeates I'd have Hammond every time from what I've seen so far. Not that Yeates has had a fair trial as yet, any more than Cadamarteri.

Horsfield had the initial impact that the club needed and did for Coventry which alone was worth bringing him along. The dissapointing thing for me from a player that Celtic were on the verge of signing in the January transfer window is that I thought once he got match fit that he would be better and trying his socks off to secure a permanent deal. His performances have gone the opposite direction instead.

Hopefully we will send the Horse back when Fryatt is fit in the next week or so and let him have another run out.

Archived