Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Horsfield's shorts

How come this lad doesn't have his own thread running at the moment for:

a) his hopeless lacklustre form (apart from Coventry) ever since joining the club

and

b) his shorts that seem to get bigger by the match?

Couple the shorts with his *ahem* idiosyncratic method of jogging and he looked particularly humorous on Tuesday night...as long as you could overcome the rage inspired by his hopeless showing on the pitch (which I have just managed).

How come this lad doesn't have his own thread running at the moment for:

a) his hopeless lacklustre form (apart from Coventry) ever since joining the club

and

b) his shorts that seem to get bigger by the match?

Couple the shorts with his *ahem* idiosyncratic method of jogging and he looked particularly humorous on Tuesday night...as long as you could overcome the rage inspired by his hopeless showing on the pitch (which I have just managed).

If he dropped his socks he'd look like a really shit version of Sir Ian Marshall.

That's the only positive I can think of to counter your negativity!

:ph34r:

I keep forgetting about Horsfield, I only realise we've got him when I turn up and watch. Then by the time i've left the stadium i've forgot again, even though he's playing really shit and deserves a slating. Odd.

cue twilight zone music ; dododododo :D

I keep forgetting about Horsfield, I only realise we've got him when I turn up and watch. Then by the time i've left the stadium i've forgot again, even though he's playing really shit and deserves a slating. Odd.

He's gone seven out of eight games doing sod all. Yet poor old Elvis plays 30 minutes or so, makes all sorts of things happen, and gets his own thread full of abuse...

He's gone seven out of eight games doing sod all. Yet poor old Elvis plays 30 minutes or so, makes all sorts of things happen, and gets his own thread full of abuse...

Horsfield deserves abuse too and gets it.

The difference is... Horsfield is quite rightly not getting defended.

Hammond gets slagged off and suddenly there is a ridiculous response talking about how effective he is and how many goals/assists he's scored despite the stats for his career clearly showing the man to be a goal-shy waster.

lol He didn't do anything on tuesday, Hume totally showed him up too with effort, Hume was everywhere!! The Horse didn't even look like he was trying to attack crosses, which I think is his only recognisable skill, well so I've been led to believe!

Let's just remind ourselves of what the "33-year-old frontman" said as he "tied his colours firmly to the City mast"...

Geoff Horsfield says he is ready to roll up his sleeves and fight for the Foxes cause following his loan move from Sheffield United.

He said: "I will put myself about and let the centre halves know that I am here. Believe me - I am going to do that. You have got to when you are in a scrap.

"You have to come out fighting. It's not about playing good football and being entertaining and I think the fans have got to realise that.

Horsfield, whose loan move runs until the end of the campaign, also confirmed that former West Brom team-mate Andy Johnson had played a big part in the move.

He added: "Johno definitely played a part in me coming here. I spoke to him when I found out that Leicester were interested and asked him about the set up, the manager and the players. He said it would be ideal for me..."

Now - playing well or not - I am hoping we don't go giving (to be) 34 year olds contracts during the summer. I liked his contribution against Cov...but he has to be another one out the door. His showing on Tuesday was dreadful...no sleeve rolling, no fight, no putting himself about.

Horsfield deserves abuse too and gets it.

The difference is... Horsfield is quite rightly not getting defended.

Hammond gets slagged off and suddenly there is a ridiculous response talking about how effective he is and how many goals/assists he's scored despite the stats for his career clearly showing the man to be a goal-shy waster.

No-one's talking about his career but about his contribution this season.

He's had limited career statistics partly because, as a Premiership club, he has worse than limited opportunities.

As you well know but prefer to ignore.

And the statistics this season show he's been a perfectly reasonable contributor.

And results when he's played have been good too.

Horsfield has been crap since Coventry, dreadful. I can't understand it, you'd think a performance like that would inspire you to put more in.

As for Elvis Hammond, you have my opinion on him. I made a brief statement about him after Tuesday night, which was fairly complimentary. Other than that, he get's everything he deserves.

95% of Leicester fans surely aren't wrong are they?

That extremely odd considering you have a picture of him and his name in giant blue letters in your sig. Maybe there are dark forces at work?

Horsfield has been crap since Coventry, dreadful. I can't understand it, you'd think a performance like that would inspire you to put more in.

As for Elvis Hammond, you have my opinion on him. I made a brief statement about him after Tuesday night, which was fairly complimentary. Other than that, he get's everything he deserves.

95% of Leicester fans surely aren't wrong are they?

I'm always wary of majority's! :D

But I would say this as a general comment. People can be very hard to shift once they've formed an opinion. It's why some people vote for one political party all their life. It's almost as if they're being unfaithful to themselves not to.

Yet people's form does vary and so does their contribution. Fryatt is a good example. Kisnorbo another.

With Hammond it has not been so dramatic but, to me, he's done generally well for us this season for the reasons I've mentioned...within the context of the team he's playing in, I might add.

In other words there are plenty who have not done particularly well... Horsfield, Hughes, Jarrett, Johnson, Tiatto, Fryatt, Low, Sylla, Yeates, Williams, Stearman ... for different reasons but mostly because they've had little effect or have rarely been fit.

Hammond has been both fit, available, hard-working and generally quite effective.

Within a more attacking line-up that effect would possibly have been greater still because none of the forwards have found it easy with our lack of support from behind.

And when I look at that long list of constantly poor performers I wonder why so much shit gets smeared on Hammond.

Will we ever please the moaners? Seems like that's the only reason they sign up.

His performances only encourage people to moan about him.

I came away from Roots Hall thinking Horsfield had been anonymous and maybe Elvis deserved a start against Palace after putting himself about a bit.

I came away from Selhurst Park thinking Horsfield had been anonymous and maybe Elvis deserved a start against Leeds after putting himself about a bit.

I came away from the Walkers on Tuesday thinking Horsfield had been anonymous and maybe Elvis deserved a start against QPR after putting himself about a bit.

What's the betting I come away from the Walkers on Saturday thinking...

...Elvis had been shit and maybe I should stop wasting my money on these twats?

TBH I think that neither should Horsfield, Hammond or Hume should start up front.

I have to say (if both fully fit) that Cadamarteri and Fryatt up front with Hume just behind them in a Atacking Midfield role.

Horsfield has had only 1 good game, against Cov.

And I think Hammond is pretty useless. He has pace just doesn't use it that much really.

:P:dunno::ph34r:

TBH I think that neither should Horsfield, Hammond or Hume should start up front.

I have to say (if both fully fit) that Cadamarteri and Fryatt up front with Hume just behind them in a Atacking Midfield role.

Horsfield has had only 1 good game, against Cov.

And I think Hammond is pretty useless. He has pace just doesn't use it that much really.

:P:dunno::ph34r:

horsfield only had 1 good game but cadamarteri's only had 10 good minutes as a sub. he's been useless everywhere he's been, including bradford in league 1. why do people keep calling for his inclusion?

I've only seen Horsefield once, at Palace, and he was shocking.

Hammond is such an infuriating player - he causes defenders problems but when it comes to the final moment (the final shot, final pass, final cross, the right decision) he well as truly f**ks it up most of the time. What's the point in that?

I've only seen Horsefield once, at Palace, and he was shocking.

Hammond is such an infuriating player - he causes defenders problems but when it comes to the final moment (the final shot, final pass, final cross, the right decision) he well as truly f**ks it up most of the time. What's the point in that?

It might be to feel at one with the rest of his City colleagues who don't even score or make as many goals as he does - people like Horsfield, Hughes, or Yeates.

Or even the others like Johnson, Tiatto or Jarrett who hardly ever get near enough to have a shot at goal.

Or finally Cadamarteri and Fryatt who who can't even demonstrate that they are fit to play for 90 minutes on any regular basis.

No-one's trying to claim that Hammond is a world beater or the next potential Arsenal signing.

Just that he merits a place in the current City side.

It might be to feel at one with the rest of his City colleagues who don't even score or make as many goals as he does - people like Horsfield, Hughes, or Yeates.

Or even the others like Johnson, Tiatto or Jarrett who hardly ever get near enough to have a shot at goal.

Or finally Cadamarteri and Fryatt who who can't even demonstrate that they are fit to play for 90 minutes on any regular basis.

No-one's trying to claim that Hammond is a world beater or the next potential Arsenal signing.

Just that he merits a place in the current City side.

I agree wiht you there although I can't quite make up my mind whether Elvis is good enough for a first team place. At the moment he is coming off of the bench as an impact player and in my opnion, doing very well. He has demonstrated that he cannot hack it when he starts and I wonder whether it would we a wise decision to start him ahead of Fryatt, Horsfield or even Cadamarteri perhaps.

Archived