Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Maybes

Kisnorbo Pulls No Punches

Stand-in skipper Patrick Kisnorbo insists that City must concentrate solely on their own game between now and the end of the season.

The Australian international described his side's Easter Monday's 3-0 defeat at Plymouth Argyle as one of their worst defeats of the season - a result which leaves the Foxes five points above the relegation zone with five matches remaining.

"It was an embarrassing performance and we didn't perform any where near like we should have," said the defender.

"Plymouth beat us to every second ball and every challenge - they clearly wanted it more than us and from a personal point of view that hurts.

"We just didn't seem up for it and gave them three goals. Three mistakes, three goals - it's been like that all season.

"And I know we keep saying this but we can't keeping conceding sloppy goals because if we keep losing then we will go down."

The Foxes are without a victory in eight matches and are now one of several clubs who are anxiously looking over their shoulder as the campaign draws to a close.

"We haven't got enough points and we have to win some more games but at the same time we can't afford to worry about anyone else.

"We have to concentrate on what we must do because there is still a lot more work to be done."

Kisnorbo has also leapt to the defence of manager Rob Kelly.

"I feel sorry for Rob because he's always behind us but at the same time he gets a lot of the blame," he added.

"We have to look at ourselves as a team and take responsibility for our actions.

"Rob takes a lot of the flack and sometimes I don't think it's fair on him. We as players are responsible as well.

"That's why we must pull ourselves together in training this week and then go out against Norwich on Saturday and put in a performance for ourselves, the management and fans.

"We have to show we are good enough to play for this football club."

At least for once the OS didn't put a title of Kelly left disappointed!!

Thats the most sense any of our players at our club have said this season. They should be playing for their futures at this club and show they are worthy of pulling on the jersey once again.

Stand-in skipper Patrick Kisnorbo insists that City must concentrate solely on their own game between now and the end of the season.

The Australian international described his side's Easter Monday's 3-0 defeat at Plymouth Argyle as one of their worst defeats of the season - a result which leaves the Foxes five points above the relegation zone with five matches remaining.

"It was an embarrassing performance and we didn't perform any where near like we should have," said the defender.

"Plymouth beat us to every second ball and every challenge - they clearly wanted it more than us and from a personal point of view that hurts.

"We just didn't seem up for it and gave them three goals. Three mistakes, three goals - it's been like that all season.

"And I know we keep saying this but we can't keeping conceding sloppy goals because if we keep losing then we will go down."

The Foxes are without a victory in eight matches and are now one of several clubs who are anxiously looking over their shoulder as the campaign draws to a close.

"We haven't got enough points and we have to win some more games but at the same time we can't afford to worry about anyone else.

"We have to concentrate on what we must do because there is still a lot more work to be done."

"I feel sorry for Rob because he's always behind us but at the same time he gets a lot of the blame," he added.

"We have to look at ourselves as a team and take responsibility for our actions.

"Rob takes a lot of the flack and sometimes I don't think it's fair on him. We as players are responsible as well.

"That's why we must pull ourselves together in training this week and then go out against Norwich on Saturday and put in a performance for ourselves, the management and fans.

Thats the most sense any of our players at our club have said this season. They should be playing for their futures at this club and show they are worthy of pulling on the jersey once again.

Shame that it's all just talk. Heard similar things from all the players this season. Maybury was saying the other week how players have to play for their futures here now and a few days later we get battered by Plymouth. If that's how the players are playing for their futures then I don't expect to see many of them here next season!

why can't our players ever "want it more" than the opposition, answers itself, all of them can fook off

why isnt there a Rob Kelly interview? :whistle:

Give him a break will you. Would you have done it had you been on such a shitty sequence of games. Did Burnley fire Cotterill despite not winning in 19? I'm not saying keep Kelly. I just want to continue believing into the project because there is no alternative.

Give him a break will you. Would you have done it had you been on such a shitty sequence of games. Did Burnley fire Cotterill despite not winning in 19? I'm not saying keep Kelly. I just want to continue believing into the project because there is no alternative.

Cotteril is a great manager :rolleyes: they havnt won in 19 and it has got them a long way hasnt it :rolleyes: and he has spent quite a wedge of money. what makes the Bunrley board so great because they didnt sack him?

Cotteril is a great manager :rolleyes: they havnt won in 19 and it has got them a long way hasnt it :rolleyes: and he has spent quite a wedge of money. what makes the Bunrley board so great because they didnt sack him?

No meant don't expect MM to fire him outright. So in the meantime, do your best to support the team and Kelly in a constructive manner i.e. target their actions and failings but don't use every occasion to express your hate. If this doesn't make any sense I'm sorry.

No meant don't expect MM to fire him outright. So in the meantime, do your best to support the team and Kelly in a constructive manner i.e. target their actions and failings but don't use every occasion to express your hate. If this doesn't make any sense I'm sorry.

I agree with what you're saying.

Kelly should have made different loan signings, he didn't. He will not be here next season, but right now, who cares about next season?

Our biggest problem is midfield. No amount of tinkering the combination will change that. Against Derby, we played Hughes, Tiatto, Jarrett & Porter. Today we played what many would consider one of our strongest midfields - Newton, Weso, Jarrett & Porter. It doesn't matter how much you jig it about, it is a terrible midfield. Not one of them should be anywhere near our first team but they are because we don't have the players. So shouting at Kelly is irrelevant as there is nothing he can now do, nor could any temporary manager with a few games to go and a closed transfer window.

Norwich is the important game.

I agree with what you're saying.

Kelly should have made different loan signings, he didn't. He will not be here next season, but right now, who cares about next season?

Our biggest problem is midfield. No amount of tinkering the combination will change that. Against Derby, we played Hughes, Tiatto, Jarrett & Porter. Today we played what many would consider one of our strongest midfields - Newton, Weso, Jarrett & Porter. It doesn't matter how much you jig it about, it is a terrible midfield. Not one of them should be anywhere near our first team but they are because we don't have the players. So shouting at Kelly is irrelevant as there is nothing he can now do, nor could any temporary manager with a few games to go and a closed transfer window.

Norwich is the important game.

But Kelly won't countenance using Kingy - the only genuiine attacking central midfielder we've got. Someone questioned today which was our attacker when Kelly selected Jarrett and Wesolowski. Neither of them is the answer.

I don't think we're strong enough in midfield or up front so the obvious solution to me - as it has been for ages - is to reinforce those areas, play 4-3-3 and forget having wingers as such at all.

Both Hammond and King can use any width just as well as Hughes or the unfit Newton. Tiatto and Portwr could do the same on the left so we'd be losing nothing but we would have closer all round support.

I honestly cannot understand why Kelly persists such a failing system in the circumsances and with our players.

Shame that it's all just talk. Heard similar things from all the players this season. Maybury was saying the other week how players have to play for their futures here now and a few days later we get battered by Plymouth. If that's how the players are playing for their futures then I don't expect to see many of them here next season!

That may jusy be his way of saying we have a bag of shite at this club and these donkeys need to try harder or go?

But Kelly won't countenance using Kingy - the only genuiine attacking central midfielder we've got. Someone questioned today which was our attacker when Kelly selected Jarrett and Wesolowski. Neither of them is the answer.

I don't think we're strong enough in midfield or up front so the obvious solution to me - as it has been for ages - is to reinforce those areas, play 4-3-3 and forget having wingers as such at all.

Both Hammond and King can use any width just as well as Hughes or the unfit Newton. Tiatto and Portwr could do the same on the left so we'd be losing nothing but we would have closer all round support.

I honestly cannot understand why Kelly persists such a failing system in the circumsances and with our players.

king obviously is not ready. if you play fresh new young players it can ruin there confidants loosing and drawing all the time and can ruin the player so its best to save the youth players till next season i reckon.

Archived