Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in a Box

Robert Kelly

That year's salary is the rub really. And it happens in other industries and in Local Government. Joe Soap can slave himself to an early grave, be really useful, productive and conscientious and all he'll get is an arsehole of a Chancellor grabbing chunks of any bit he might have carefully saved one way or another.

But no matter how badly a Local Government officer performs, or a business executive or our beloved football managers, there's always the golden handshake and almost certainly another job waiting in the wings. It's an inequality I think is disgusting.

There is always something indecent about rewarding failure or shoddiness when others just get shat on.

What utter tosh.

Not prepared to be only the champion of the young, we've now turned our attention to the working classes.

Not sure if you had noticed or not but the chancellor grabs chunks of most people's income and savings. In fact, the more you earn, the more he takes. When do local govt officers get golden handshakes ffs?

There are hundreds of thousands, possibly millions of Joe Soaps around the country and just 92 football league managers, they are bound to be treated differently.

If you really think it's disgusting and it offends your principles, stop perpetuating it by putting money into the clubs coffers through your attendance.

I think you'll be down watching again next season.

What utter tosh.

Not prepared to be only the champion of the young, we've now turned our attention to the working classes.

Not sure if you had noticed or not but the chancellor grabs chunks of most people's income and savings. In fact, the more you earn, the more he takes. When do local govt officers get golden handshakes ffs?

There are hundreds of thousands, possibly millions of Joe Soaps around the country and just 92 football league managers, they are bound to be treated differently.

If you really think it's disgusting and it offends your principles, stop perpetuating it by putting money into the clubs coffers through your attendance.

I think you'll be down watching again next season.

I know the acrobatics my retired teacher mother is having to go through to keep her dignity in her 80's because being a target of the Brotherhood because she's scrimped and scraped to buy her own home - and there's lots like her.

I won't argue about the self protection racket that is Local & National Government - the debate for ever and involve so many instances which I can't be bothered searching out - but no, I don't see why 92 football managers are entitled to special treatment of any kind.

In fact, while I've mostly thought of my money as helping to keep the club going, I've become more and more disillusioned with the disgusting take, take, take and more, more, more of football.

It does offend my principles and more especially when I see so little of any quality in return for my money.

But because I disagree with something doesn't necessarily mean I should give it up. Will all those who disagreed with no smoking at the Walkers give up going too or do you give up driving because you disagree with speed cameras and speed humps?.

Indeed if I avoided everything I'm obliged to put up with in modern Britain but which I actually dislike life would become quite seriously restricted.

Without doubt supporting Leicester is a way of life, a part of what you are.

But I've preferred watching the reserves (last season) and the Academy this season and recent events have brought home to me why.

It's invariably just two teams honestly trying to win a game of football by trying to core as many goals as they can. It is also about young people trying to achieve something with their lives.

There's not the fear that comes with the money. It's just a game involving players I can identify with. Instead of rent-a-team from wherever. And paid-for-failure managers who don't seem to care what shit they serve to the fans.

He is because he left after he performed the great escape (thank you Bristol Rovers and Tony James).
Well I have more respect for him for that reason. I can remember quite a few wanted him to stay on, and look what happened. :cry: Stop it Lisa, I'm becoming more like a F****t fan by the day..... :frusty:

Archived