Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wasyls Pec Deck

Listening to Rowetts' commentary

He mentions the quality of the squad, and when it comes down to it I think we may well be one of the 3 worst teams in this League, if not overall but definately on current form. We are very consistent in our inconsistency, and it appears we're going to have a bad month or too many. That might sound obvious but its something I either have avoided in my thoughts or because I simply don't want to believe it. I'm sure Mattock is a fantastic prospect, but starting him in what essentially are turning into Cup Finals for City reaks of sheer desperation.

I'm starting to think the twats that delayed the takeover (Mandarics mam the exception of course!) have cost of dearly in the window, that hardly allowed us to strenghten our squad.

Lets all thank the previous Board for taking us to the brink of League One... :angry:

Lets all thank the previous Board for taking us to the brink of League One... :angry:

That's right, our present position is absolutely nothing to do with the fact that we've picked up just TWO points out of 24 since the current owner took charge.

Or to do with the fact that he kept faith with Kelly for weeks after his sell-by date.

Or to do with the fact he picked a replacement for Kelly who is equally inept.

Before Harry Redknapp came on the scene Mandaric made a habit of leading Pompey into relegation battles.

True, he may have won them all while he was there, but will he be so lucky with us? :unsure::unsure::unsure:

That's right, our present position is absolutely nothing to do with the fact that we've picked up just TWO points out of 24 since the current owner took charge.

Or to do with the fact that he kept faith with Kelly for weeks after his sell-by date.

Before Harry Redknapp came on the scene Mandaric made a habit of leading Pompey into relegation battles.

True, he may have won them all while he was there, but will he be so lucky with us? :unsure::unsure::unsure:

You don't half talk some bollocks, Ultra

Totally indefensible. I too had my reservations about MM, and might be critical of some of his input so far, but you are letting your opposition to MM cloud your judgement.

Worthington is not to blame for our predicament and would seem to me to be doing his level best to get us out of it. So far he has failed - he's on a swift and unsmooth learning curve - but there is no justification for calling his efforts inept and, even more important, that is not what the club and its managerial staff need right now.

Our limitations are not down to Mandaric or Worthington. But we do have the players to save ourselves if only they will - just once in this sorry season - blend them together properly.

Last night's second half offered evidence that we might, belatedly, save our status.

Worthington to me needs three more things. He needs the team to be fitter still and totally hyped up. He needs to listen to Steve Beaglehole concerning team selection and he needs the fans right and unreservedly behind him in their most vociferous fashion for three consecutive games...because they are vital.

This isn't the time for blame. It is a time for uncompromising support.

Totally indefensible. I too had my reservations about MM, and might be critical of some of his input so far, but you are letting your opposition to MM cloud your judgement.

Worthington is not to blame for our predicament cand would seem to me to be doing his level best to get us out of it. So far he has failed, he's on a swift and unsmooth learning curve, but there is no justification for calling his efforts inept and, even more important, that is not what the club and its managerial staff need right now.

Our limitations are not down to Mandaric or Worthington. But we do have the players to save ourselves if only they will - just once in this sorry season - blend them together properly.

Last night's second half offered evidence that we might, belatedly, save our status.

Worthington to me needs three more things. He needs the team to be fitter still and totally hyped up. He needs to listen to Steve Beaglehole concerning team selection and he needs the fans right and unreservedly behind him in their most vociferous fashion for three consecutive games...because they are vital.

Here here!!!

Worthington is not to blame for our predicament and would seem to me to be doing his level best to get us out of it. So far he has failed - he's on a swift and unsmooth learning curve - but there is no justification for calling his efforts inept and, even more important, that is not what the club and its managerial staff need right now.

Well said!

There is too little time and too much at stake… for us to do anything other than give our all and support our team and hope they respond in kind!

Archived