Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foss1884

Barnsley atmosphere!

I was sat just to the left of the goal and I couldn't pick out a section that wasn't singing their hearts out yesterday. The noise made before the kick off especially was something incredible and after our shambolic home atmospheres this season, I was proud to join in. I'm sure the Alan Ball thing was going to be a silence until the Leicester fans started clapping and singing his name so good on whoever did that.

Much different to Preston - Preston was better for atmosphere on the whole in my opinion but yesterday was just party like, especially after we'd scored and then I informed everybody Hull had taken the lead against Cardiff. It was even better when the Barnsley fans went focking mental upon hearing about Ipswich. :D

Much different to Preston - Preston was better for atmosphere on the whole in my opinion but yesterday was just party like, especially after we'd scored and then I informed everybody Hull had taken the lead against Cardiff. It was even better when the Barnsley fans went focking mental upon hearing about Ipswich. :D

Er...Jamie, I didn't think you went Preston... :rolleyes::whistle:

Er...Jamie, I didn't think you went Preston... :rolleyes::whistle:

Mate.. It was bound to come out sooner or later. There had been reported sightings of me everywhere at the ground. And it didn't help when you went back up to your seat with a huge grin on your face either. :rolleyes:

Preston was better but still a decent showing from city. When you consider there was 5000 of us there..less than 1000 stood and no more than 2000 were singing so there is a lot of improvment in the overall atmosphere from us really but still, we had a great time along the back rows.

I would like to take credit for the "blues" chant. My hand is sore as fck this morning from banging that big metal thing - Probably too much ;) (ld3 :D )

Oakwell was a nice little stadium - like to go back there again next year - Loved the touch of having a light switch at the back of the stadium :laugh: :clap:

Oh yes, some fine banter on the way home on the train with rushden & Diamonds fans. Loved every minute of it! :D

It was a good day with a giood atmosphere. But personally, I thought Preston was better.

Well done to everyone who went down ther. It was fantastic to see the Blue Army invade the whole town.

I was sitting near the bottom and everytime I stood up, I was getting funny looking faces. So I decided I'll only stand up once in a while, rather than constant standing.

It was a good day with a giood atmosphere. But personally, I thought Preston was better.

Well done to everyone who went down ther. It was fantastic to see the Blue Army invade the whole town.

I was sitting near the bottom and everytime I stood up, I was getting funny looking faces. So I decided I'll only stand up once in a while, rather than constant standing.

It was great to see so much blue!

You should have just come to the back pal, I have no idea where my ticket was but everyone just invaded the back row! :D

It was great to see so much blue!

You should have just come to the back pal, I have no idea where my ticket was but everyone just invaded the back row! :D

Yeah, We had only realized that towards the end of the game. If I knew that at the start of the game, we'd made our way up there,, mate. :dunno::)

Apart from having a restricted view, I really enjoyed the game and the atmosphere yesterday. I'm glad I moved near the back, it certainly would have been less enjoyable near the front were less people were singing, but overall another good turn out and atmosphere and another good result. :thumbup:

Apart from having a restricted view, I really enjoyed the game and the atmosphere yesterday. I'm glad I moved near the back, it certainly would have been less enjoyable near the front were less people were singing, but overall another good turn out and atmosphere and another good result. :thumbup:

Where abouts were you mate ?

Near the back, in the middle of the stand, right in front of one of the pillars.

Were you to the right of that pen thing ? Or left ? I had a pillar in my way to !

Were you to the right of that pen thing ? Or left ? I had a pillar in my way to !

I was to the right, it was probably the same pillar.

Were you near the big metal pillar that i was banging and got a sore hand from :P

:D

Yeah, I was near the back not far from were the banging was coming from.

Sounds like the match was a really great atmosphere then... wish I could have been there...

Never mind, next season I'm at De Montfort Uni and will be able to get to quite a few games! :D

so let me get this straight, your moving from London to Leicester :blink:

I'll hopefully be going the other way next year, shouldn't affect my games attended though :thumbup:

so let me get this straight, your moving from London to Leicester :blink:

I'll hopefully be going the other way next year, shouldn't affect my games attended though :thumbup:

Completely irrelevant to what you said, but did I injure you in celebrating our goal yesterday?? :blink::unsure:

He ;)

Yeah, I normally go towards the back anyway when I can or near to were to atmosphere is so I might bump into you lot one time.

we initially went to our seats on row HH which waqs quite far up but we got the feeling not much standing and singing would take place there, then out of the corner of my eye i noticed Ched and Joe at the back so me and JBF basically, well we went for it. Twas packed up there to beging with and two geezers even said we were in the seats so we moved along. And I ended up in the final seat before the gantray we Lee Jobber and that were standing, was pretty chaotic, great day though. Nice to see Jamie back with the blue army. And Joe, ched and LD3, them goal celebrations were wild :cool:

Archived