Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foss1884

Barnsley atmosphere!

I felt truly honoured and privileged to be part of the Leicester hordes who travelled in their thousands today! It was simply spectacular! The scenes before, during and after the game were magical with the Blue Army invading South Yorkshire. The noise during the game was tremendous and in the second half was the loudest and most vociferous support i have heard of any supporters-it was breathtaking.

Every man, woman and child in the stand sang their hearts out proudly and ensured that we left the god-foresaken hell hole of Barnsley with a victory. What made the day so special was that the Barnsley fans invaded the pitch at the end to show us their appreciation for the noise we created-they had no chance of matching us in the noise stakes! This experience will live with me for a long time-the GREATEST ATMOSPHERE of a Leicester travelling contingent. Fantastic! :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

great day out and and tremendous atmosphere, particularly 2nd hlaf with the players attacking our end and after the goal went in.

I keep forgetting that we won due to Barnaley's celebrations at the end.

Oh and I met Thracian and DavieG :worship::cool:

I thought it was disappointing as a whole. Can only be honest.

The usual suspects at the back were incredible as always though. :worship: I'm not usually one for this but I think SUAS, LD3, Ched, JME, Potter, Mikey, Joe etc can take a small amount of the credit for our last two victories, they just don't let up all game. Truly magnificent effort again today.

The usual suspects at the back were incredible as always though. :worship: I'm not usually one for this but I think SUAS, LD3, Ched, JME, Potter, Mikey, Joe etc can take a small amount of the credit for our last two victories, they just don't let up all game. Truly magnificent effort again today.

Cheers Fez. :thumbup:

I agree the atmosphere was not great. The banging on the metal at back drowned out alot of chants which could not be heard across the stand.

I agree the atmosphere was not great. The banging on the metal at back drowned out alot of chants which could not be heard across the stand.

What game did supporters go to today? I cannot believe some fans. It was incredible and if you think that was not the case. more fool you. I thought it was great! If you think it was rubbish, then we are seriously in trouble as that is the best we have ever conjured!

I was dead centre, row CC, no-one standing or singing there. I know the Fox Travel grannies have a right to be there and sit down and not sing and all that bollocks but it's so frustrating. That's the last time I stick to the seat on the ticket. Useless.

What game did supporters go to today? I cannot believe some fans. It was incredible and if you think that was not the case. more fool you. I thought it was great! If you think it was rubbish, then we are seriously in trouble as that is the best we have ever conjured!

Whereabouts were you?

Wasn't a patch on Fulham today.

I was dead centre, row CC, no-one standing or singing there. I know the Fox Travel grannies have a right to be there and sit down and not sing and all that bollocks but it's so frustrating. That's the last time I stick to the seat on the ticket. Useless.

I am sorry then we have a problem, because some fans need their hearing testing. Thank god Wortho heard us, Milan heard us and the Enterprise Stand opposite heard us with the pitch invasion and their fans gesturing as we sang! I was thoroughly impressed. Some chants and songs today were so loud my ears tingled. Brilliant!

I was supposed to be row F. I saw JME at about 2.25 and he dragged me up to the top with him. Quality atmosphere up there. I still don't know any of that lot properly, but if you are wondering who i am, I was the one in the camo Yankees cap standing on the steps at the top :thumbup:

we was on row GG with no one standing so we made way to the edge of the section of empty seats in the top corner stood and sang our hearts out much better

It was a good atmosphere today-but deffinatly not "the best we have ever conjured"

And what was the best atmosphere away this season then? I think it easily ranks up there! I remember Coventry away last year and know how 5,000 fans can sound very quiet. This was entirely different!

You saw me :unsure:

Thanks anyway :thumbup: I thought it was another quality atmosphere, shame people insisted on banging the back so much (Andy :rolleyes: )

I'm just listening back to my now weekly lengthy video's and the Alan Ball chant was fantastic and a wonderful tribute, well done whoever started it :appl:

You should just come to the top Fez. Our seats were nowhere near where we sat. Jobber etc all climbe over and stood in some pen. lol

Cheerz Fez :cool::thumbup:

Didn't know that you who I was tbh.

But cheers anyway :scarf: :scarf:

You should just come to the top Fez. Our seats were nowhere near where we sat. Jobber etc all climbe over and stood in some pen. lol

Yeah I would have done but me dad came along. Feel a bit guilty leaving him and he won't move for anything.

I don't mean to put a downer on the atmosphere. I can imagine it sounded brilliant from the top.

And what was the best atmosphere away this season then? I think it easily ranks up there! I remember Coventry away last year and know how 5,000 fans can sound very quiet. This was entirely different!

Foss1884 I'm with you on this we dominated the support for the whole day! before & after the match. I was @ the top with the England flag stood next 2 JME, don't know the faces to go with the foxestalk names!

I basically got threatened by some guy who wanted me to go out the ground with him to "sort it out" for me standing up. This was right at the begining, we moved up to the top and stood for the whole game.

I appreciate people may want to sit but there's no need to get aggresive.

For all the groans the Barnsley fans made, i certainly did not hear them sing once! We certainly outsung them-FACT!!! I am glad Wortho and the players appreciated the support as reported on the website.

Archived