Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BartonFox

Who'll make it 8?

West Ham :thumbup:

Then there will be:

Leicester, Man United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Everton, Tottenham and Newcastle

"We've never been in the lower leagues, we've never been in the lower leagues

We've never been in the lower leagues, we've never been in the lower leagues

There's only 9 now, there's only 9 now

There's only 9 now, there's only 9 now"

Then there will be:

Leicester, Man United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Everton, Tottenham and Newcastle

Ironically it would be Chelsea if they were to be cut off from Red Rom's cash they would go down the drain like Leeds

*screws up eyes and prays* :D

Seriously though MM might not have the huge money bags but his direct influence on players will be important. Even next year's Championship will be quite hard. Many teams are on the up, and I hope Southampton get out of the way because next year they will be very good. Watford will be around the top as well. Charlton and (West Ham/Wigan/Sheff Utd) would struggle with shock. Sheff Wed look to have a real gem of a manager. Preston will be around the top 8 as well. Stoke and Plymouth will be hard to be beat along S****horpe (some interesting individual players). QPR and Norwich might surprise, especially the former.

So I see Leicester being in the top 8, an even higher position will be down to an outstanding manager.

Erm admins note that next year's match thread might include one against S****horpe. Perhaps an exception to the **** might be made.

Can see it being a two horse race between ourselves and West Ham. I hope West Ham win the race.

Chelsea is a good shout in about 10 years time, that's if West Ham aren't sued out of existance during the summer.

Then there will be:

Tottenham? They used to be a Semi-pro club below the two leagues in the late 19th Century - or doesn't that count as it was before the four tier structure??

Always makes me swell with pride whenever I hear that stat. And now that Leeds are down it's slightly more impressive. :D

I always thought coventry had never been relegated below the top two divisions aswell?

Nah, they went down to Division Four in 1958. :thumbup:

Looking at it as it is, its hard to see any of those teams ever going down to the 3rd tier except possibly oursleves but I'm confident that wont happen now although we've come bloody close lately!

Although I bet Leeds were saying this 5 years ago lol

I have to admire Barton for this audacious stab at triumphalism after what has been a truly crappy season.

Anyway, I'll have one of whatever he's having and drink to Newcastle United's relegation to League One...whenever that is.

It'll probably be us next year though.

I have to admire Barton for this audacious stab at triumphalism after what has been a truly crappy season.

Anyway, I'll have one of whatever he's having and drink to Newcastle United's relegation to League One...whenever that is.

It'll probably be us next year though.

Here's my money against that. Honestly next year I cannot see us be anywhere lower than 8, not because of the money but because of the exigency that MM imparts on manager and players.

The thing with these rich billionares is that they could turn out pretty unpredictable. What if WH get relegated, would he still give a damn and who on earth will cope with 50,000 a week players in the championship. The stakes are becoming higher and so the risks and one of these fake teams will so come crashing down. Either way my money remains on Chelsea. After Mourinho there is a big risk they will steadily decline.

Here's my money against that. Honestly next year I cannot see us be anywhere lower than 8, not because of the money but because of the exigency that MM imparts on manager and players.

The thing with these rich billionares is that they could turn out pretty unpredictable. What if WH get relegated, would he still give a damn and who on earth will cope with 50,000 a week players in the championship. The stakes are becoming higher and so the risks and one of these fake teams will so come crashing down. Either way my money remains on Chelsea. After Mourinho there is a big risk they will steadily decline.

In truth, the margain between flirting with relegation and pushing for the play-offs could be as little as two decent players - a truly inspiring midfielder and someone decent to lead the line.

The problem with all these foreign investors is that they unless they allow the top 20 Premiership teams to qualify for the Champs League, plenty of tycoons will go away empty handed. Even if you can sell sand to the Arabs, you'll struggle to sell corporate boxes when Scúnthorpe and Yeovil are on the menu.

It's all good fun though!

In truth, the margain between flirting with relegation and pushing for the play-offs could be as little as two decent players - a truly inspiring midfielder and someone decent to lead the line.

The problem with all these foreign investors is that they unless they allow the top 20 Premiership teams to qualify for the Champs League, plenty of tycoons will go away empty handed. Even if you can sell sand to the Arabs, you'll struggle to sell corporate boxes when Scúnthorpe and Yeovil are on the menu.

It's all good fun though!

I can sell Ice to the Eskimos, and I could sell Scunny. lol

Mostly because that's exactly how I phrase it. :ph34r:

Archived