Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Raj

Club captain for Next season?

Weso has just played four succesive matches and the three I watched - including against two top of the table sides - he finished master of midfield.

So, just to clarifty, are you proposing 35/36-year-old Lennon takes Weso's place cos he's captain or are we to have two defensive midfielders again because you'd want to occupy them both?.

Cos that would sound just like moving McAuley to right back to facilitate McCarthy's return and what an embarrassment that was. It would also sound like precisely the recipe that's prompted us to have such an ineffective attack these recent years.

Yeah I watched the games too but I did not wear the same pair of rose tinted glasses you seemed to have worn. Weso did not finish master of midfield in any of the games. Sure he ran around a lot, put in some good tackles but I did not see him getting his head up and spraying decent passes around the pitch to build decent attacks. I believe Weso would play more of the role of Savage in breaking play up not the role of Lennon if we are to go back to MON team. Weso has not shown he has that level of vision in any of the last games.

I know you like to support the youngsters at the club and I respect you for that, I too like to see new talent coming through the ranks. I'd love to see another Emile or Julian. But at times you put too much emphasis on the youth and that can frighten them, cant be easy playing in front of 25,000 fans all yelling at you when you make a mistake. When your 16 you have to be a very strong character to take this and I am not sure many of them are ready yet, throw them in at the deep end and there is always a risk they will drown. :thumbup:

Yeah I watched the games too but I did not wear the same pair of rose tinted glasses you seemed to have worn. Weso did not finish master of midfield in any of the games. Sure he ran around a lot, put in some good tackles but I did not see him getting his head up and spraying decent passes around the pitch to build decent attacks. I believe Weso would play more of the role of Savage in breaking play up not the role of Lennon if we are to go back to MON team. Weso has not shown he has that level of vision in any of the last games.

I know you like to support the youngsters at the club and I respect you for that, I too like to see new talent coming through the ranks. I'd love to see another Emile or Julian. But at times you put too much emphasis on the youth and that can frighten them, cant be easy playing in front of 25,000 fans all yelling at you when you make a mistake. When your 16 you have to be a very strong character to take this and I am not sure many of them are ready yet, throw them in at the deep end and there is always a risk they will drown. :thumbup:

Well we can agree we saw the three matches differently, that's not a problem.

You make some excellent points and I wasn't seeking to shoot down what you say - just asking how and where and if an attacking midfielder would fit in should Lennon arrive as captain.

Well we can agree we saw the three matches differently, that's not a problem.

You make some excellent points and I wasn't seeking to shoot down what you say - just asking how and where and if an attacking midfielder would fit in should Lennon arrive as captain.

Well to continue the MON team analogy, I would see Weso as Savage, Lennon as himself (suprisingly) and we need to sign an Izzet plus back up. I dont see Weso in the Lennon role his skills are better at breaking play up, he has a good engine and can run all match. Hope this helps .

Well to continue the MON team analogy, I would see Weso as Savage, Lennon as himself (suprisingly) and we need to sign an Izzet plus back up. I dont see Weso in the Lennon role his skills are better at breaking play up, he has a good engine and can run all match. Hope this helps .

That assumes a 3 man mid-field with wingbacks, is that at all likely?

Non of our current crop fit the bill as team captain, but if I had to make a chioce it would be Kisnorbo, although I don't see him a natural leader, he doesn't talk enough and at times his positioning and decision making aren't great, but under a better leader, Kisnorbo may turn out to be a class defender!!

None of the current squad are up to the job, in my humble opinion. :( Let's see who else shows up...

I cant see any of the current crop with maybe the exception of McAuley once he gets an uninterupted run. To be fair even he isnt suited perfectly to the role. Lets see who we sign in the next couple of months and Im sure they`ll be a leader or two amongst them.

In my opinion, the club captain doesn't have to be a current player.

I reckon Steve Walsh should be club captain - a largely ceremonial role. He can help gee up the squad during training, half-time, pre-match, post-match etc etc.

As for team captain... ya'lls guess it as good as mine. :cool: (Said with a deep Southern Yank accent).

In my opinion, the club captain doesn't have to be a current player.

I reckon Steve Walsh should be club captain - a largely ceremonial role. He can help gee up the squad during training, half-time, pre-match, post-match etc etc.

As for team captain... ya'lls guess it as good as mine. :cool: (Said with a deep Southern Yank accent).

:o Surely you mean threaten to kick the sh*t out of 'em later! Motivational though, I guess. :whistle:

Agreed.... A Leader of men is required,and someone who is passionate about LCFC......Should have kept Dion dublin really!!! :banana::unsure:

Dion was awful.......he always bollocked people around him when he wasn't even doing his own job. We played with 10 men everytimr Dion played a game for us.......just like his debut!

Archived