Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Raj

Club captain for Next season?

Obviously there will be alot of activity in the transfer market next season,BUT out of the players we think will be staying who would you make captain....or doesn't it matter???? :scarf::banana:

Obviously there will be alot of activity in the transfer market next season,BUT out of the players we think will be staying who would you make captain....or doesn't it matter???? :scarf::banana:

It's been asked a thousand times (slight exaggeration) and there is no one currently in the team who is right for the job.

Wait until we know who's in and who's out, it's a totally pointless question at this time.

It's been asked a thousand times (slight exaggeration) and there is no one currently in the team who is right for the job.

Wait until we know who's in and who's out, it's a totally pointless question at this time.

i would like to see kizza or mcauley as club captain, if they stay, and i am confident the will stay

Ok Thanks!! :unsure:

i'll ask again in August! :thumbup:

I'd have Kisnorbo by the way! :banana: :banana:

I feel what we miss more than anything in our squad is a leader. Look back to the good old days, we had Walsh, Elliott, Taggart and Lennon. All leaders of men. None of the present squad are natural leaders, none of them will give team mates a rollocking if their not pulling their weight. In the current squad I think Wesolowski is the closest thing we have to a proper captain. Not that Id make him captain next season because I think in his case its best to just ease him back in, rather than burden him with the captaincy. The situation needs addressing in the summer. We need to bring in a leader. We have been linked with Stefanovic who is Pompey club captain, but its just speculation. But in answer to your original question, no one from the current squad is right for the club captaincy next season.

I feel what we miss more than anything in our squad is a leader. Look back to the good old days, we had Walsh, Elliott, Taggart and Lennon. All leaders of men. None of the present squad are natural leaders, none of them will give team mates a rollocking if their not pulling their weight. In the current squad I think Wesolowski is the closest thing we have to a proper captain. Not that Id make him captain next season because I think in his case its best to just ease him back in, rather than burden him with the captaincy. The situation needs addressing in the summer. We need to bring in a leader. We have been linked with Stefanovic who is Pompey club captain, but its just speculation. But in answer to your original question, no one from the current squad is right for the club captaincy next season.

Weslowski?! Doesnt that just sh*t on your first point Weslowski is a kid, so i doubt hes the one to give someone a rollocking.. we need someone experienced and i mean an experienced leader, someone similar to Merson. :cool:

Agreed.... A Leader of men is required,and someone who is passionate about LCFC......Should have kept Dion dublin really!!! :banana::unsure:

Weslowski?! Doesnt that just sh*t on your first point Weslowski is a kid, so i doubt hes the one to give someone a rollocking.. we need someone experienced and i mean an experienced leader, someone similar to Merson. :cool:

What i was trying to get across was that Wesolowski has the potential to be a leader. But year like you say it shudnt happen for a few years because he is still a kid, is still learning the game and shudnt have the pressures of being a club captain at that age, especially when he is still trying to recover from all his injuries etc.

I'm not sure that Kisnorbo has what it takes to be honest. He didn't show anything during this relegation battle that made him stand out as a captain. Agree that there isn't really anyone but it's also difficult bringing in someone from the outside who has little knowledge of the players/team/club etc Only someone who is already respected at LCFC or a very respected pro can do it from outside, will wait and see.

A tenacious player would make the ideal captain for us. Somebody with passion, desire and a fighting spirit that will take the game to the opposition and motivate everybody around them in the process. I don't think we have that sort of player at the club at present, and so we need to move for somebody like this in the summer. If we don't I see Kisnorbo keeping the armband.

I do think a priority for the summer signings is someone who can lead by example.We need an experienced,(but still mobile!)who can motivate and sort out the team when in need of direction.....any ideas???? :banana::dunno:

Agreed.... A Leader of men is required,and someone who is passionate about LCFC......Should have kept Dion dublin really!!! :banana::unsure:

Now that is funny, because he was useless, all arm waving and no substance. Took our money and ran at the first opportunity.

Don't suppose you'd be Richard Stearman by any chance, seeing you sound so certain. It would be about lunchtime at training. :whistle:

lol lol lol

Snared.

Great catch Thracian :thumbup:

Edited beuse I have elephantitis in my hands today

Don't suppose you'd be Richard Stearman by any chance, seeing you sound so certain. It would be about lunchtime at training. :whistle:

Wonder if you're right. Can the crowd sing to the tune of Sperrick at Wolves.

Weso's too young but maybe in the future, for a young player he shows the desire to "lead" on the pitch, the same could be said (on the very little we've seen so far) of Mattock... Kisnorbo has been a good player for us this season (and no one say he's been great... coz none of our players have been "great") but he doesnt seem to have the desire to lead, that may come to him though... then there's Hume but i dont think he's ever taken the armband in the past and finally there's McCarthy who can lead but just cant play (and will probably be out in the summer), so there's not much choice in the current line-up as it stands... if he came i'd be tempted to offer it to Murphy, but we'll have to wait and see who comes in in the summer and who Wortho (or whoever is in charge) wants to give it to.

Who ever the manager is this should be a priority to sign a new captain. We need a leader on the pitch and we have not got that, Kisnorbo is too quiet, Weso is way too young and inexperienced.

I feel we need a good play maker in midfield who could take on the role of captain he can then direct the play physically and vocally.

Question is who would be a good candidate. Neil Lennon has the qualities any other suggestions???

Who ever the manager is this should be a priority to sign a new captain. We need a leader on the pitch and we have not got that, Kisnorbo is too quiet, Weso is way too young and inexperienced.

I feel we need a good play maker in midfield who could take on the role of captain he can then direct the play physically and vocally.

Question is who would be a good candidate. Neil Lennon has the qualities any other suggestions???

Weso has just played four succesive matches and the three I watched - including against two top of the table sides - he finished master of midfield.

So, just to clarifty, are you proposing 35/36-year-old Lennon takes Weso's place cos he's captain or are we to have two defensive midfielders again because you'd want to occupy them both?.

Cos that would sound just like moving McAuley to right back to facilitate McCarthy's return and what an embarrassment that was. It would also sound like precisely the recipe that's prompted us to have such an ineffective attack these recent years.

Archived