Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
City Lad

Season Tickets Prices Released

Can't really remember,but i think i paid about the same last year for the lad and me in the kop,But the 6 months intrest free thing has made it more affordable this year.Going to look at these"just the ticket"things in the west stand too 'cause there even cheaper......depends where in the west stand they are.

And how ?... It's a point i'd like clearing up.

1. You know it's pointless, so you changed your statement (As usual)

2. This age has been in place for ags, so why are you criticising now?

3. It's unlikely generally... A 16 year old could be earning more than a 40 year old too. And Senior Citizens could have more money too... does that mean they shouldn't get a discount too?

Fascinated by the bit about no individual match tickets being allowed in L and N blocks, just season tickets. :o:o:blink:

Designed to keep riff raff like jme out of there. :whistle:

He's actually a student, as is 505 and as I used to be, sticking up for Under 22s who are NOT students getting ST reductions as well. :doh:

It should be upto the age 18 unless your a student imo.

So give me a reason why people aged between 18-22 who are in fulltime work should get discount ?, and why people over 22 who are in the same boat can't complain about the fact that its rubbish.

It should be upto the age 18 unless your a student imo.

So give me a reason why people aged between 18-22 who are in fulltime work should get discount ?, and why people over 22 who are in the same boat can't complain about the fact that its rubbish.

So...

You think that someone straight out of sixth form is going to be earning potentially more than your average 40 year old?

What about the unemployed, or those forced to retire early, under the concession age on a small pension, which is less than the unemployement benefit yet do not get that benefit.

We've all got problems, I'm not sure I can afford it without the early bird discount but it's impossible to come up with a perfect system unless you means test everyone on a match by match basis. So someone is fortunate enough to get a better deal, it's only a football match, life's tough ain't that so.

My comp keeps going crazy, and posting before finish typing. My point is only to those average joe's who are on minimim wage.

You'll find a way of affording it though, won't you? :cry:

What about the unemployed, or those forced to retire early, under the concession age on a small pension, which is less than the unemployement benefit yet do not get that benefit.

We've all got problems, I'm not sure I can afford it without the early bird discount but it's impossible to come up with a perfect system unless you means test everyone on a match by match basis. So someone is fortunate enough to get a better deal, it's only a football match, life's tough ain't that so.

I agree with that in the main, and im not knocking the people who get the discount, my point though is not pointless like 505 is saying, it's infact one of the main factors why real fans are being priced out of football.

At least the club this year have recognised that season ticket holders weren't happy about the cheaper offers games and they've actually made sure that STH's will be saving a good amount. :thumbup:

You'll find a way of affording it though, won't you? :cry:

I can afford one, i would have no probs paying out the money, i won't be getting one though as i live in Blackpool and im not driving to Leicester every other week.

I agree with that in the main, and im not knocking the people who get the discount, my point though is not pointless like 505 is saying, it's infact one of the main factors why real fans are being priced out of football.

Let's face it, you are knocking the people who get the discount, else you'd just be moaning about the price of the tickets instead of having a go at under 22s who don't go to university. That, along with your history of moaning about students, suggests you've got something against young people getting discounts. Young people haven't yet had the chance to earn as much as older people. We've got to get on the property ladder for a start.

And that's before I even get started on the idea of attracting younger fans and making sure they can afford it when they are just getting started in the world of work - with the long-term view of making sure they want a season ticket every year for the rest of their lives, maintaining the support base and securing the long-term future of the club.

Like all rules/conditions they have to draw the line somewhere, life styles are so variable these days it's impossible to come up with the perfect solution. Of course you're entitled to moan but you seem to be upset that the discount cuts off at 22 and suggest it should be lower, which means in effect you're saying well if I can't get a discount neither should they. As I say they had to pick a number and I'm sure there's valid reasons for it, one being that they are trying to maintain the interest of young people so they become the future of LCFC.

I can afford one, i would have no probs paying out the money, i won't be getting one though as i live in Blackpool and im not driving to Leicester every other week.

See, for every hypothetical example of a 40-year-old earning less than a 21-year-old, you've got examples like Holly and Wils - both under 22, driving to every home game and indeed all round the country to virtually every away game from Huddersfield and Ipswich respectively. The kind of loyal support the club should be encouraging, whether they are students or not.

Like all rules/conditions they have to draw the line somewhere, life styles are so variable these days it's impossible to come up with the perfect solution. Of course you're entitled to moan but you seem to be upset that the discount cuts off at 22 and suggest it should be lower, which means in effect you're saying well if I can't get a discount neither should they. As I say they had to pick a number and I'm sure there's valid reasons for it, one being that they are trying to maintain the interest of young people so they become the future of LCFC.

Exactly. My season ticket this year is going to cost £358 instead of £230 but do you see me moaning?

Apart from just now. And in September when we're 23rd.

Let's face it, you are knocking the people who get the discount, else you'd just be moaning about the price of the tickets instead of having a go at under 22s who don't go to university. That, along with your history of moaning about students, suggests you've got something against young people getting discounts. Young people haven't yet had the chance to earn as much as older people. We've got to get on the property ladder for a start.

And that's before I even get started on the idea of attracting younger fans and making sure they can afford it when they are just getting started in the world of work - with the long-term view of making sure they want a season ticket every year for the rest of their lives, maintaining the support base and securing the long-term future of the club.

My stance on student discount is not being argued here. Ive got no problem with young people getting discount, i have a 9yr daughter and a 19yr old step daughter, and i would get the discounted tickets for them if i were buying.

My point is purely based on why should over 18yr olds get discount to the age of 22 if in fulltime work, when a person who is older my be in the same boat, but with alot more commitements and more to pay out.

Attracting the younger fans would surely come from younger ages than 18-22yr olds, which im only basing my argument on.

See, for every hypothetical example of a 40-year-old earning less than a 21-year-old, you've got examples like Holly and Wils - both under 22, driving to every home game and indeed all round the country to virtually every away game from Huddersfield and Ipswich respectively. The kind of loyal support the club should be encouraging, whether they are students or not.

But that could be said for people over the age of 22 too. The club don't know these people are doing this when deciding on the prices. :dunno:

Archived