Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
City Lad

Season Tickets Prices Released

Apart from your taking my entire point out of context.

All i wanted to know was why and how the club come up with ideas like this, when if you do look at it from a older single mans point of view who's been payed poorly all his life and the same amount as an employed 22yr old its unfair, irelevent of the other things you've mentioned. Surely you must see that ?

My argument is not for my own personal gain as i don't go to many games, but just from a different angle for those who can't afford to go.

I agree though nothings perfect, and im sure the club didn't make this stucture on the back of a fag packet.

Of course I see that.

But it's not exclusive to Leicester City, and it's not exclusive to football. There's plenty of other things in the world that are slanted against a certain type of person. Taking your 40 year old and your 21 year old... who pays the most money in car insurance? You can bet your last quid it's the 21 year old. This 21 year old could be a very calm person, a safe driver and great marks at school... yet he's being painted with the same brush as all other young drivers. Life's unfair like that.

As for the Leicester City example... which set of fans does the club want (perhaps need?) to attract to the games? The younger ones I'd have thought. The ones with - typically - less income.

The club has used pretty basic assumptions about age-income correlation - widely accepted assumptions. There's too many exceptions to the rule... there's the 72 year old millionaire who gets his season ticket at concession prices... is that entirely fair to your minimum-wage earning 40 year old? There's the 21 year old whose well-off family pay for his discounted season ticket... is that entirely fair to everyone else?

You have to apply very simplistic rules, otherwise your pricing structure will be far too complex - and complexity can be costly in business. The club have also targeted a specific group of fans they would like to see more of at the club - combine the two, and it's not at all surprising that everyone up to age 22 gets a discounted rate.

Of course I see that.

But it's not exclusive to Leicester City, and it's not exclusive to football. There's plenty of other things in the world that are slanted against a certain type of person. Taking your 40 year old and your 21 year old... who pays the most money in car insurance? You can bet your last quid it's the 21 year old. This 21 year old could be a very calm person, a safe driver and great marks at school... yet he's being painted with the same brush as all other young drivers. Life's unfair like that.

As for the Leicester City example... which set of fans does the club want (perhaps need?) to attract to the games? The younger ones I'd have thought. The ones with - typically - less income.

The club has used pretty basic assumptions about age-income correlation - widely accepted assumptions. There's too many exceptions to the rule... there's the 72 year old millionaire who gets his season ticket at concession prices... is that entirely fair to your minimum-wage earning 40 year old? There's the 21 year old whose well-off family pay for his discounted season ticket... is that entirely fair to everyone else?

You have to apply very simplistic rules, otherwise your pricing structure will be far too complex - and complexity can be costly in business. The club have also targeted a specific group of fans they would like to see more of at the club - combine the two, and it's not at all surprising that everyone up to age 22 gets a discounted rate.

Thank you, thats all i wanted to know tbh., after 3 pages of arguing. :thumbup:

I will now go back into my hole and die.

At least the club this year have recognised that season ticket holders weren't happy about the cheaper offers games and they've actually made sure that STH's will be saving a good amount. :thumbup:

The club has said that despite the match ticket offers, STH's have still benefited this season, and they should be preparing the data to back this and prove it. Should be.

Hmmm.

2005/2006 - North/South Stand Adult: £299 + 5% discount for early renewal + 10% loyalty discount = £254.15

2006/2007 - North/South Stand Adult: £299 + 5% discount for early renewal = £284.05

2007/2008 - North/South Stand Adult: £322

Technically it may just be an increase of £1 per game, but they've also gotten rid of all the discounts.

(And for me personally as I go from U22 this year to adult I go from £213.75 to £322. Increase of £108.25. Yay.)

It's a life style decision they/you/I take, no one forces us to take on these extra comittments.

I had 3 children and they all wanted to go to the football, no specific discounts were around, but that applies to almost everything in life.

It was my choice to have those children, it was my lifestyle decision, up until they were 16ish I had to pick and choose which games to go to and who would come with me, I couldn't afford to go to many games but then I couldn't afford exotic holidays or expensive toys either.

That's life.

if you read the whole of my post you'll see i said i didn't care, if someone can get a discount them good luck to them. i've made my choices and i don't regret them. My point was really about 19 year olds with nothing more to spend their money on than beer, women and football expecting us to feel sorry for them, instead of jealous.

Hmmm.

2005/2006 - North/South Stand Adult: £299 + 5% discount for early renewal + 10% loyalty discount = £254.15

2006/2007 - North/South Stand Adult: £299 + 5% discount for early renewal = £284.05

Technically it may just be an increase of £1 per game, but they've also gotten rid of all the discounts.

(And for me personally as I go from U22 this year to adult I go from £213.75 to £322. Increase of £108.25. Yay.)

It's disappointing about the discounts. When I think of the core support our club has enjoyed even while playing such dire football these recent years I think those fans deserve reward for sticking in there. And that includes Hullfox!. :D

Hmmm.

I agree with you totally there Louise, 05/06 15% early bird discount, 06/07 5% early bird.... this year SWEET FA not even included the FA /League cup tickets.......

Being a part time student that runs to JUNE 07 im going to pizz them of and get it before my course ends and they state students with valid card well thats ok until June 07 ..... i'll save if i do it early and pay it over 6 payments.

:whistle:

I think you have to be under 21 or a student after August/September to qualify. I'm 22 (and a student) in June but that doesn't mean I can get a U22 ST if I buy before my birthday.

Their fault if they don't check though I suppose..

My stance on student discount is not being argued here. Ive got no problem with young people getting discount, i have a 9yr daughter and a 19yr old step daughter, and i would get the discounted tickets for them if i were buying.

Is she fit and single? I mean, proper fit?

TPH is available although he sets his standards quite high.

This could be a first for FoxesTalk - an arranged marriage. That'd be something to piss off the BNP voting members - hate foreign cultures/love white people...they wouldn't know where to stand on the issue.

If anyone else has any fit relations they'd like to see have a run with the TPH-meister then let me know so that I can vet them. If you post pictures in GenChat that would make it all the easier.

Thank you. :)

ageism eh?

The 40 year old can claim tax credits whilst the 21 year old cannot, as tax credits are for 25 and overs only. So the worst off group is probably the 22-24 year olds.

This could go on and on, yes that is the case with working tax credits but its not alot they get, worked out on a 40hr week @£5.35 they would be eligbile for £9.80 a week i think, Now as my argument is 18-22yr olds who in the main, most are living at home still. It evens itself out.

I agree 22-24yr olds are probably the worst off, if but only if they're moved out of the family home and are in fulltime employment.

Dave - My daughter has moved out and now lives with her boyfriend in a flat. So not single and i couldn't comment on the 'FIT' bit as that would just be wrong. lol.

There were 30,000 potential purchasers of season tickets at the ground today...by the end of the match I figure there were 8,000 potential purchasers.

There needs to be some serious activity over the next six weeks in order to start drumming up interest.

Dave - My daughter has moved out and now lives with her boyfriend in a flat. So not single and i couldn't comment on the 'FIT' bit as that would just be wrong. lol.

My quest shall continue - fie a pox on you fathers that do not present your daughters for TPH's delectation.

There were 30,000 potential purchasers of season tickets at the ground today...by the end of the match I figure there were 8,000 potential purchasers.

There needs to be some serious activity over the next six weeks in order to start drumming up interest.

Rumour has it, Robbie Fowler's coming.

That ought to do it. :P

Why would 3,500 Wolves fans want a Leicester ST next year... they could be in the Prem you know!!! :rolleyes::P

Archived