Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
City Lad

Season Tickets Prices Released

My stance on student discount is not being argued here. Ive got no probably with young people getting discount, i have a 9yr daughter and a 19yr old step daughter, and i would get the discounted tickets for them if i were buying.

My point is purely based on why should over 18yr olds get discount to the age of 22 if in fulltime work, when a person who is older my be in the same boat, but with alot more commitements and more to pay out.

Attracting the younger fans would surely come from younger ages than 18-22yr olds, which im only basing my argument on.

Because, when you leave school... you don't immediately get a well paid job. You have to work your way up!

Effectively you're starting life at 18, so why not give them a bit of help? However small.

Like all rules/conditions they have to draw the line somewhere, life styles are so variable these days it's impossible to come up with the perfect solution. Of course you're entitled to moan but you seem to be upset that the discount cuts off at 22 and suggest it should be lower, which means in effect you're saying well if I can't get a discount neither should they. As I say they had to pick a number and I'm sure there's valid reasons for it, one being that they are trying to maintain the interest of young people so they become the future of LCFC.

Im not saying that at all Dave, as i wont be buying one, i just trying to put an argument across as why its that age, and why not for older people with shit payed jobs.

Im not saying that at all Dave, as i wont be buying one, i just trying to put an argument across as why its that age, and why not for older people with shit payed jobs.

A 40 YEAR OLD HAS HAD MORE TIME IN THEIR LIFE TO MAKE MONEY, SETTLE DOWN, ETC ETC.

A 19 YEAR OLD FRESH OUT OF SIXTH FORM HASN'T!!!!!!

But that could be said for people over the age of 22 too. The club don't know these people are doing this when deciding on the prices. :dunno:

They're more likely to know about real people who hold season tickets and whose name and address they have than they are to know about hypothetical Mr 40-year-old Minimum Wage Man and his hypothetical tale of woe.

A 40 YEAR OLD HAS HAD MORE TIME IN THEIR LIFE TO MAKE MONEY, SETTLE DOWN, ETC ETC.

i'm not taking sides in this argument as i really don't care but an average 40 year old has a family to feed, a mortgage, rates, electricity,gas bills to pay. 40 year old might earn more but a 19 year old will have a larger percentage of disposable income.

NO POINT IM AFFRAID, BURGER KING PROBABLY PAYS THE SAME FOR BOTH PARTIES STARTING AT THE SAME TIME. :clap:

I've had enough of this now anyway, the amount of young people and under 22's will always win on here as the forum is full of youth, so i'll back down and let you win.

Fez do you live with your parents ??

i'm not taking sides in this argument as i really don't care but an average 40 year old has a family to feed, a mortgage, rates, electricity,gas bills to pay. 40 year old might earn more but a 19 year old will have a larger percentage of disposable income.

Yes, but the 19 year old is just starting out in that world.

I've had enough of this now anyway, the amount of young people and under 22's will always win on here as the forum is full of youth, so i'll back down and let you win.

Fez do you live with your parents ??

lol Seeing as you've already backed down and "let us win", is the following question just part of some unrelated survey you're doing? Or shall I answer you and we'll carry on arguing?

lol Seeing as you've already backed down and "let us win", is the following question just part of some unrelated survey you're doing? Or shall I answer you and we'll carry on arguing?

Just let it lie, brightened the thread up though. :S

Anyone for cricket ?

How does the classic thing work?

I've been a ST holder since our very first season at the Walkers but they usually pull the old,

"you didnt buy begore the early bird deadline"

I'm sure it just generally means that if you've had a season ticket for three years you will get the discount.

My stance on student discount is not being argued here. Ive got no problem with young people getting discount, i have a 9yr daughter and a 19yr old step daughter, and i would get the discounted tickets for them if i were buying.

My point is purely based on why should over 18yr olds get discount to the age of 22 if in fulltime work, when a person who is older my be in the same boat, but with alot more commitements and more to pay out.

It's a life style decision they/you/I take, no one forces us to take on these extra comittments.

I had 3 children and they all wanted to go to the football, no specific discounts were around, but that applies to almost everything in life.

It was my choice to have those children, it was my lifestyle decision, up until they were 16ish I had to pick and choose which games to go to and who would come with me, I couldn't afford to go to many games but then I couldn't afford exotic holidays or expensive toys either.

That's life.

It's a life style decision they/you/I take, no one forces us to take on these extra comittments.

I had 3 children and they all wanted to go to the football, no specific discounts were around, but that applies to almost everything in life.

It was my choice to have those children, it was my lifestyle decision, up until they were 16ish I had to pick and choose which games to go to and who would come with me, I couldn't afford to go to many games but then I couldn't afford exotic holidays or expensive toys either.

That's life.

But your going off track here Dave, my argument at 1st was with a say 23yr old single man (I know i said 40, but 23 is just the same) on minimum wage has to pay more than a 22yr old on the same money. That is ridiculous to me.

Thats all, the only reason i bought my children into it was on the basis of Fez saying i have a problem the young people getting discount. Which i don't, i just wanted a reason why.

But your going off track here Dave, my argument at 1st was with a say 23yr old single man (I know i said 40, but 23 is just the same) on minimum wage has to pay more than a 22yr old on the same money. That is ridiculous.

Thats all, the only reason i bought my children into it was on the basis of Fez saying i have a problem the young people getting discount.

I've already answered the 23+ point, a line has to be drawn somewhere you're ultimately just moaning about them being overly generous, sod me maybe the idea will catch on.

As for going off track you and ffuter mentioned families and comittments, I responded with that was/is your/my/their choice.

I've already answered the 23+ point, a line has to be drawn somewhere you're ultimately just moaning about them being overly generous, sod me maybe the idea will catch on.

As for going off track you and ffuter mentioned families and comittments, I responded with that was/is your/my/their choice.

Maybe it will. We can live in hope.

But ive not moaned about or insinuated anything about my family regarding discounts, other than, to Fez basicaly telling him i would purchase the discouted tickets, therefore not having a grudge against people who are eligible for them (Fair play to them). I'd be a hyprocrite if i did, or maybe on the flip side shrewder than i thought.

I did however mention a 40yr old man having more commitements, not meaning as in family or kids, but in a single man of that age would probably be renting a flat and have bills to pay, whereas a 18-22yr old would most likely be living at home paying £20 keep to they're parents, yet both are getting the same income from low earning jobs. I should of made this clearer when posting.

Maybe it will. We can live in hope.

But ive not moaned about or insinuated anything about my family regarding discounts, other than, to Fez basicaly telling him i would purchase the discouted tickets, therefore not having a grudge against people who are eligible for them (Fair play to them). I'd be a hyprocrite if i did, or maybe on the flip side shrewder than i thought.

I did however mention a 40yr old man having more commitements, not meaning as in family or kids, but in a single man of that age would probably be renting a flat and have bills to pay, whereas a 18-22yr old would most likely be living at home paying £20 keep to they're parents, yet both are getting the same income from low earning jobs.

Maybe the 18-22 year olds would like to be in a flat or apartment away from parents, I was in a flat with my brother when we 16/17 doing apprenticeships I used to borrow his trousers to go on a date :blush: Besides if you're a single person living in a flat/apartment I don't think you can be considered better or worse off that a 22 year old living at home just different.

There's so many different aspects and situations you can't say it's this verses that, as I keep repeating a line has been drawn, some people will be laughing some moaning where ever that line is put, it's a shame that generosity is being questioned.

Ok back to normality, i do think, An Interest Free Direct Debit option is also available to supporters, to help spread the cost of the season-ticket over six instalments is an excellent addition, and one that Lemond has been wanting for awhile.

Well bollocks.

I tell you what... let's draw up a brilliantly dynamic pricing structure that takes into account the following factors:

Age, weight, height, spouses, dependants, financial liabilities, hours worked each week, pints consumed each week, wage earned each week.

That should allow us to truly personalize the price someone pays. That way, there's no chance that a 40 year old on minimum wage will pay more than a 21 year old on minimum wage... especially if the 40 year old has more financial liabilities, spouses, dependants and body mass. :whistle:

Of course... as with anything that requires such detail, you could easily wing yourself a discount by moving a few numbers around in the hope of seeing poorer than you are. Which would be massively unfair don't you think?

Still, nothing is perfect, but I'm sure you understand that... :mellow::whistle:

Well bollocks.

I tell you what... let's draw up a brilliantly dynamic pricing structure that takes into account the following factors:

Age, weight, height, spouses, dependants, financial liabilities, hours worked each week, pints consumed each week, wage earned each week.

That should allow us to truly personalize the price someone pays. That way, there's no chance that a 40 year old on minimum wage will pay more than a 21 year old on minimum wage... especially if the 40 year old has more financial liabilities, spouses, dependants and body mass. :whistle:

Of course... as with anything that requires such detail, you could easily wing yourself a discount by moving a few numbers around in the hope of seeing poorer than you are. Which would be massively unfair don't you think?

Still, nothing is perfect, but I'm sure you understand that... :mellow::whistle:

Apart from your taking my entire point out of context.

All i wanted to know was why and how the club come up with ideas like this, when if you do look at it from a older single mans point of view who's been payed poorly all his life and the same amount as an employed 22yr old its unfair, irelevent of the other things you've mentioned. Surely you must see that ?

My argument is not for my own personal gain as i don't go to many games, but just from a different angle for those who can't afford to go.

I agree though nothings perfect, and im sure the club didn't make this stucture on the back of a fag packet.

Apart from your taking my entire point out of context.

All i wanted to know was why and how the club come up with ideas like this, when if you do look at it from a older single mans point of view who's been payed poorly all his life and the same amount as an employed 22yr old its unfair, irelevent of the other things you've mentioned.

My argument is not for my own personal gain as i don't go to many games, but just from a different angle for those who can't afford to go.

I agree though nothings perfect, and im sure the club didn't make this stucture on the back of a fag packet.

Bloody hell Leicfox is there anything we can agree on :P

Tax dodgers aside, Under 22's cheaper than over's, WTF IS THAT ABOUT? someone who is under 22 who's in fulltime employment might make more money than a 40yr old.
So why should he pay more...

Your a Student no doubt, and probably under 22. :whistle:

Hang on. Everyone knows my view on further education, students, e.t.c, but shock horror for once I am gonna stand up for them (Because it kind of effects me :whistle:)

Right, Fair enough students are tax dogers, valid point, but "someone who is under 22 who's in fulltime employment might make more money than a 40yr old" they might but i'm sure in probably 75% possible higher cases someone who is under 22 doesn't earn more than a 40yr old. I am in fulltime employment, I have done an apprenticeship, while I was studying I had to pay tax because "I wasn't in full time education" but I can tell you I ain't earning more than a 40yr old, I'm qualified, working fulltime and still on a shit wage, it will be worth it in a few years time though.

If you have always "been payed poorly all your life and the same amount as an employed 22yr old" I have two suggestions for you, Get a better higher paid job, OR prehaps go into further education, whether it be uni or an apprenticeship, Your the one who's moaning about your crap pay, Your the only one who can change it, Its not our fault, Its not the clubs fault, Do something about it.

How does the classic thing work?

I've been a ST holder since our very first season at the Walkers but they usually pull the old,

"you didnt buy begore the early bird deadline"

Well if you didn't i didn't!All i can read into it is that you've had to had your s/t for the the last 3 seasons......and for the shit we've had to put up with they owe us something!

Matt, have you read my other posts, i suppose you haven't, as then you would know ive got no problem with it or students for that matter getting discount, my argument is based on why and how they come up with these ideas, and how it could seem unfair.

2nd point i gamble for a living, and run my own telephone tipping line, my wife works for social services so, we don't do to badly, and as ive said my argument is not based on me personally.

National minimum wage is £5-35 i think, weather your 22 or 40 m8.

Archived