Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jimmy

Youngster make the grade

He may have signed a pre- contract but he can't sign a full one until he's 17.

any pre contract would become a perminant 1 the second he turns 17, there are laws to protect them

I thought you said he was good Thrac? Wasnt he a miget though?

He looked very small when I first saw him but soon caught up some.

He always looked a tireless and cosntructive midfielder when I watched him and I wonder if, with the youth of first team midfielders Wesolowski and Porter, the continued presence of Hughes and the likely elevation of King, Teejay was released because the club simply couldn't see him getting opportunies.

He looked very small when I first saw him but soon caught up some.

He always looked a tireless and cosntructive midfielder when I watched him and I wonder if, with the youth of first team midfielders Wesolowski and Porter, the continued presence of Hughes and the likely elevation of King, Teejay was released because the club simply couldn't see him getting opportunies.

Thats a shame i bet he was devastated. Im sure he will get a chance somewhere else though, maybe at a lower league club with a chance to work his way up from there.

Don't think many of those players will make it here imo. Magunda, Beswick and Mckay are decent players but I think they'll struggle to make it here especially now we are able as a club to bring better quality players in. I think Cisak has the potential to make it if he can put this season behind him. It's crucial that we have a reserve team next season so both he and Pentney can play, hopefully with Cisak playing the reserve games. Next season is a big one for Gradel, King and Odhiambo. With the lack of quality midfielders at the club at the moment, King and Gradel should be pushing themselves into the frame and if they don't then they'll have missed the boat. Odhiambo needs to continue his progress and if he does then chances in the first team may come. I'd say a maximum of four of them will do what Stearman, Wesolowski, Porter and Logan have managed to do but realistically I'd say two of the eight will.

.................but will it be city he accepts one from? :unsure::cry:

FFS he has played 4 games, and wasn't exactly the best player on the pitch, no prem club will go after him when Bale, who is similar age, played ALL season and done well is availible aswell.

seriously people we aint got players that prem teams want

FFS he has played 4 games, and wasn't exactly the best player on the pitch, no prem club will go after him when Bale, who is similar age, played ALL season and done well is availible aswell.

You wouldn't like to bet on that would you?

Well he's obviously a bit special. How many 16 year olds get into the first team?

Well he's obviously a bit special. How many 16 year olds get into the first team?

theres a difference between being good enough at leicester, and lets face it, our side is shit, and being good enough for the prem

Not obvious at all. Hes either a bit special, or more likely, its because our team is pisspoor and we dont have any better alternatives.

Not obvious at all. Hes either a bit special, or more likely, its because our team is pisspoor and we dont have any better alternatives.

add to that we were literally down to the bare bones and had no choice but to name him as sub

they aint gunna go after him after 3 1/4 games

I think they were well aware of Mattock's ability before he ever got in the first team.

And the comfortable way he's taken to first team football won't discourage them in any way.

Right now he's on International duty with England :rolleyes:

Tells you something doesn't it?

so that means hes a bit special? a hell of alot of players play for their national youth sides. it doesnt mean hes a bit special :rolleyes:

I think they were well aware of Mattock's ability before he ever got in the first team.

And the comfortable way he's taken to first team football won't discourage them in any way.

considering you were saying sheehan was the next big thing i think i'll refrain from getting all hyped up over a 16 year old thats played 3 solid game at 1st team level, people on here are building him up in the same way they did stearman and will treat him the sameway when his form inevitably dips, he's done well but he is hardly another walcott case where the big guns are gonna come in with in a few days

Big clubs know about Mattock. No doubt about it. They have people every where and quality shows through. Plus, if our first team players are so shit then Mattock's done amazingly well as a 16 year old to drag a team of senior pros to survival. :rolleyes:

Go with your first thought, Stevo. It's easier. Mattock's not on the fast track for nothing.

Archived