Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jimmy

Youngster make the grade

Go with your first thought, Stevo. It's easier. Mattock's not on the fast track for nothing.

Exactly.

He's clearly got some good talent, especially for a 16 year old.

You don't get in the first team for a Championship team and play for your country for nothing at his age.

FFS he has played 4 games, and wasn't exactly the best player on the pitch, no prem club will go after him when Bale, who is similar age, played ALL season and done well is availible aswell.

seriously people we aint got players that prem teams want

mattock wont cost £10 mill though will he?! he'll be peanuts atm. and whilst no prem club is gonna play him regularly he's obviously a very exciting prospect

mattock wont cost £10 mill though will he?! he'll be peanuts atm. and whilst no prem club is gonna play him regularly he's obviously a very exciting prospect

And the more games he plays - especially successful ones - the more peanuts.

In fact, if the sun shines, it could be a bumper HARVEST.

How much did we sell our club for? :D

I wish Milan would come and buy for me. Though, thankfully, there's no reason Mattock should be rushing off just yet.!

mattock turns 17 in a matter of weeks and i'd be very supprised to not here of him turning pro immediatly, same with chambers

Chambers is already 17. They'll have both already "signed" their contracts anyway. It's not like the club are pacing up and down for three years impatiently waiting for midnight on Joe Mattock's birthday to start contract negotiations. They're both England youth internationals for crying out loud. If you take a look at the England youth squad from four or five years ago, practically half of that team are established Premiership stars and nearly all of the rest are football league players.

Chambers is already 17. They'll have both already "signed" their contracts anyway. It's not like the club are pacing up and down for three years impatiently waiting for midnight on Joe Mattock's birthday to start contract negotiations. They're both England youth internationals for crying out loud. If you take a look at the England youth squad from four or five years ago, practically half of that team are established Premiership stars and nearly all of the rest are football league players.

i thought chambers was younger then mattock, my mistake lol

FFS he has played 4 games, and wasn't exactly the best player on the pitch, no prem club will go after him when Bale, who is similar age, played ALL season and done well is availible aswell.

seriously people we aint got players that prem teams want

What you on about Sherlock :blink: ?

What we gonna offer him? £5k a week tops I'd guess.

There are 20-30 clubs out there who could and maybe would offer him more and sell him on in a few seasons for a few million and still make a tidy profit.

.................bearing in mind he's successful :whistle:

they aint gunna go after him after 3 1/4 games

There have already been approaches from premiership clubs for Mattock and that was way before he made a first team appearance for him. He's a player very much in demand and could be got hold of for a fairly small fee should a club snap him up in the next week or two. I hope he stays as he's got a massive future ahead of him.

There have already been approaches from premiership clubs for Mattock and that was way before he made a first team appearance for him. He's a player very much in demand and could be got hold of for a fairly small fee should a club snap him up in the next week or two. I hope he stays as he's got a massive future ahead of him.

My information is that Leicester fans can relax on the issue.

You have scared me, What if Man u/Arsenal/Chelsea come a knockin, and he loses his head and wants to go? So we lose him in a tribunal and get hardly any money for him :cry:

You have scared me, What if Man u/Arsenal/Chelsea come a knockin, and he loses his head and wants to go? So we lose him in a tribunal and get hardly any money for him :cry:

They already did come knockin quite a while back and he didn't go, so i'm hoping he'll want to stay here should they do so again. Let's face it, first team football at 16 or reserve team football at a big club until you're 20 and then probably bumped off on loan to someone like us anyway?

I think he'll stay.

They already did come knockin quite a while back and he didn't go, so i'm hoping he'll want to stay here should they do so again. Let's face it, first team football at 16 or reserve team football at a big club until you're 20 and then probably bumped off on loan to someone like us anyway?

I think he'll stay.

exactly not everyone is a theo walcott

Mattock need only look at Leicester`s bright young stars of the last 15 years and realise the grass isnt always greener. Players as far back as Julian Joachim havent made it and poor Matty Piper I suppose was the latest who left and his career took a turn for the worse but for obviously different reasons.

The problem is that there will always be a mad rush for British left sided players in this country due to the lack of them. The way people go on about Gareth Bale is a sign how OTT some people get when talking about naturally left sided players. Also, you only have to look at the premiership and see how problematic the left side is by way of the amount of right-footed players playing there! Lets hope we get to the stage where we have to beat them off with a stick for Mattock and a few more of our younger players as that no doubt will be the sign that we are doing well!

Archived