Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nod.E

one hates to say i told you so...

He is young and the best shot stopper we have at the club but yes he is raw and makes errors, especially at crosses in teh box. He`ll get there in time I have no doubt as he has bags of ability but he needs time. Being thrust into teh deep end at times this season will be teh making of him because at times he has performed superbly. He may not be ready to be our No1 just yet but Douglas and Hendo wouldnt be No1s in 75% of the clubs in this division either (maybe more!).

We do need a new keeper and the OOC Hartlepool lad is the one for us!

Danny Coyne of Burnley and ex-Leicester fame is also looking for a job right now. :ph34r:

----

Oh and to the original poster, if you hate to say "told you so" just don't.

Besides, you can't say it. You're merely stating an opinion - an opinion that isn't shared by the vast majority, it would seem. Until the vast majority agree with your opinion, you can't say it. ;)

Danny Coyne of Burnley and ex-Leicester fame is also looking for a job right now. :ph34r:

----

Oh and to the original poster, if you hate to say "told you so" just don't.

Besides, you can't say it. You're merely stating an opinion - an opinion that isn't shared by the vast majority, it would seem. Until the vast majority agree with your opinion, you can't say it. ;)

Ive been raving about this dude at Hartlepool because he has helped them get promotion and as an avid viewer of that Saturday show on Sky, the host Jeff Stelling has been raving about him for 2 seasons and the bloke always seems to save penos and win games for them whenever I read the reports. It may be a problem in starting a chant for him but he is available on a Bosman!

Ive been raving about this dude at Hartlepool because he has helped them get promotion and as an avid viewer of that Saturday show on Sky, the host Jeff Stelling has been raving about him for 2 seasons and the bloke always seems to save penos and win games for them whenever I read the reports. It may be a problem in starting a chant for him but he is available on a Bosman!

Fair enough, you're more aware than I am.

I was just throwing out a name I'm aware of. Can't profess to know much about him, mind... 'cept that he appeared for us a couple of times at one point (I seem to recall rating him at the time... we must have been in the Prem because I saw him on the telly). lol

Logan was definitely shit on sunday, so was the rest of em tho!

As for the Hendo/Logan debate i personally think they're both shit, a new keeper will def be very high on on our new managers shopping list, Any succesful team will always have a good goalkeeper!

i felt like jumping on him at the final whistle.

:blink::unsure:

:yawn: . I'm tired of this debate now. The time to judge is when they both have a solid defence infront of them. Logan has being on and off. Both of our 'keepers have strengths and weaknesses, Logan kept 2 crucial clean sheets away from home when we really did need them. I notice you did not start the topic then. :rolleyes:

It's simple- he needs to sort his footwork out. He's so flatfooted its unbelievable- it makes him far too slow to come off his line. He made bad mistakes for the first two goals yesterday (flapped at the cross and should have come to claim the second), although granted, his defence were hardly inspiring either. To top that he was nearly beaten by a speculative effort from way out which hit the bar. All down to him not moving his bloody feet!

In his defence he made some excellent stops- he's certainly a better shotstopper than Hendo, and is particularly good on one on ones but if he doesn't sort his feet out, he'll have to be dropped, its starting to piss me off.

It's simple- he needs to sort his footwork out. He's so flatfooted its unbelievable- it makes him far too slow to come off his line. He made bad mistakes for the first two goals yesterday (flapped at the cross and should have come to claim the second), although granted, his defence were hardly inspiring either. To top that he was nearly beaten by a speculative effort from way out which hit the bar. All down to him not moving his bloody feet!

In his defence he made some excellent stops- he's certainly a better shotstopper than Hendo, and is particularly good on one on ones but if he doesn't sort his feet out, he'll have to be dropped, its starting to piss me off.

One problem regarding the defence is that they're forever in his way. Shilton used to sort that dead easy and Logan's big enough to do the same - go right through em and make it hurt.

At Preston I thought he'd sorted it cos he was forever urging the defenders to get away but there were so many bodies in front and around him versus Wolves the goalmouth was like a station on a summertime Bank Holiday.

The manager can help too by getting the point over to defenders that the 6 yard box is Logan's and if they're not doing a specific job like covering a post they should try to stay out of it.

everyone has their own opinions and obviously a lot of people agree with you but surely no-one can say he's getting better by the game?! i dont know why he was dropped half-way through the season because he did look good then. but hendo took over and also looked fine. since wortho came in and logan was put back in the first team he's looked lost. i can see both sides of the arguments regarding mcarthy/fryatt/tiatto etc but i really don't think logan is good enough. a decent shot stopper is below minimum reqirement. we need someone who commands their area and breeds confidence within the back 4. anyone who saw the last game cannot say logan did that (all over the place for the corner - 1st goal; clatters nils - 2nd; obvious lack of communication - 3rd; 6mph pen down the middle - 4th) :frusty:

With the first goal Logan made a cracking initial save and if the six defenders who found themselves behind and around him had challenged the Wolves attackers instead of having a social around our goalline Logan wouldn't have had to go charging about.

With the second goal Nils was the one at fault for being so slow as to be two yards the wrong side of his man. Thereafter, out of desperation, he just got in the keeper's way.

With the first goal Logan made a cracking initial save and if the six defenders who found themselves behind and around him had challenged the Wolves attackers instead of having a social around our goalline Logan wouldn't have had to go charging about.

With the second goal Nils was the one at fault for being so slow as to be two yards the wrong side of his man. Thereafter, out of desperation, he just got in the keeper's way.

you obviously know your football cause i read on here a lot, but i can;t help but think that had it'd been hendo in goal on sunday you'd be slating him - and quite rightly. yes the 2nd goal was also nil's fault, and logan made a great save before then too. however, the first goal was horrific from logan. it was like he had his feet nailed on the line as it was jumpig around in front of him. and THEN, when it got partially cleared, he charged out into no-mans land leaving an open net. awful keeping.

you obviously know your football cause i read on here a lot, but i can;t help but think that had it'd been hendo in goal on sunday you'd be slating him - and quite rightly. yes the 2nd goal was also nil's fault, and logan made a great save before then too. however, the first goal was horrific from logan. it was like he had his feet nailed on the line as it was jumpig around in front of him. and THEN, when it got partially cleared, he charged out into no-mans land leaving an open net. awful keeping.

I've got nothing against Henderson at all and don't remember slating him very often even when he dropped some bricks. All goalkeepers make errors and when they do there's no hiding place.

That flapping of Logan on the first goal was not his best moment but what were the defenders all doing behind him and leaving him so far to go after recovering from the first goalline save?

If defenders had been where they should have been instead of congregating in the 6-yard box, they could have challenged the Wolves guy and Logan wouldn't have needed to.

One problem regarding the defence is that they're forever in his way. Shilton used to sort that dead easy and Logan's big enough to do the same - go right through em and make it hurt.

At Preston I thought he'd sorted it cos he was forever urging the defenders to get away but there were so many bodies in front and around him versus Wolves the goalmouth was like a station on a summertime Bank Holiday.

The manager can help too by getting the point over to defenders that the 6 yard box is Logan's and if they're not doing a specific job like covering a post they should try to stay out of it.

The defence getting in his way is very true- but he is a big enough lad to go out and get that ball- scream for it and go and take it- then if the defender fcuks it up its down to them, rather than flapping about on his line and when the defence (admittedly stupidly) think hes going to come for it. For the second goal, he does make a good save, but if he is quicker from his line in the first place he snuffs out the danger before it even arrives- but instead he was on his heels and not ready.

Don't get me wrong, the lad has definite talent, but his reading of the game and his footwork has to get better if he wants the number one jersey. If it doesn't then he needs to go back to the reserves or out on loan until he has. You can only give him so many chances- and goalkeeper is one place where you cant make too many mistakes. I think I have allowed him plenty already.

Logan is a poor poor keeper and was dreadful on Sunday (It wasn't the first time he's been bad). He kept flapping at the ball and had no command of the six-yard box. And clearly our back four have no confidence in him. However, Henderson isn't much better either. In fact I think over the past couple of seasons we've had our worst set of goalkeeper's since the days of Martin (Vampire) Hodge.

We desperately need a new keeper.

I remember you coming on here after his last bad performance

Were you hiding away until you had another chance to criticise?

Exactly the point I made.

No appearance after Preston and Barnsley.

Far more people were calling for King's inclusion in midfield but that didn't happen - in fact he didn't even get a seat on the bench.

Help me out here someone.

I'm compiling a list of these far more people but I'm stuck at one at the moment.................

Fair enough, you're more aware than I am.

I was just throwing out a name I'm aware of. Can't profess to know much about him, mind... 'cept that he appeared for us a couple of times at one point (I seem to recall rating him at the time... we must have been in the Prem because I saw him on the telly). lol

PMSL :D

Logan was not bad on Sunday, he had a tough job to do and will be a decent keeper in the future, its pointless being so negative about a young up and coming player. I would like to see him go out on loan next season, pick up some experiece and come back a better player

You are joking.......how many times was he flapping on Sunday?? He could have had hands on first 2 scrappy goals......but came out to deal with them and didn't. Much prefer Henderson.

You are joking.......how many times was he flapping on Sunday?? He could have had hands on first 2 scrappy goals......but came out to deal with them and didn't. Much prefer Henderson.

You'd flap too if you had a gang of defenders plus opponents crowding your six yard box and close by - and so would Henderson.

Logan should learn from it, no question. He should lay down the rules and clatter any one of his team-mates who doesn't take notice.

But don't make out he's the only goalkeeper who's had trouble reaching a loose ball - or pretend that Henderson might someone spirit them away and have a clear run.

Cos he's had plenty of problems like that of his own.

Two of the goals on Sunday Logan could have probably prevented by clattering all infront of him and coming out to claim the ball. Easier said than done mind. And I'm not for one minute even going to suggest Hendo would have claimed the ball for either of those goals, 'cos I'm pretty sure he'd have made a mess of it. The own goal was not something Logan could have helped - that was highly unfortunate really. And the penalty, well, 'keepers aren't expect to save them so we can't blame him for that. When he came rushing out of goal to win the ball though - that was class. :thumbup:

He is probably the best 'keeper we've got at the club and is still learning, so if he stayed in I wouldn't really mind.

Help me out here someone.

I'm compiling a list of these far more people but I'm stuck at one at the moment.................

I'd have liked King to play on Saturday... in fact I think I've stated for a while that I've wanted him to play.

Is everybody now in agreement how bloody awful conrad logan is now!! yesterday i felt like jumping on him at the final whistle. absolutely useless goalkeeping. i hate the bloke with a passion, i really do!

useless albino :whistle:

I still cant get the awful performance out of my head from Logan against Derby away when we were 1-0 down and he persistently was giving away goal kicks to the opposition trying to set the strikers up :dunno:

Dont know if anyone can remember it but it was a bit of an eye opener for me amongst other things, never been left so baffled.

I still cant get the awful performance out of my head from Logan against Derby away when we were 1-0 down and he persistently was giving away goal kicks to the opposition trying to set the strikers up :dunno:

Dont know if anyone can remember it but it was a bit of an eye opener for me amongst other things, never been left so baffled.

Logan's distribution needs major work - not least the speed he gathers the ball and throws it out to full-backs.

Okay, the full-backs need to make themselves available for the ball instead of conveniently hiding or being lazy but it's a major problem which means no sooner does our keeper win the ball than he gives it away.

The last full-back who made himself readily available to launch attacks was Sheehan way back against Crewe and Sheffield Wednesday in 2005/2006 when Douglas was in goal.

If players are not getting into position Logan should demand it.

Distribution is no better with Henderson. Punts down the pitch - especially to our type of strikers - should be the exception rather than the wasteful norm. I truly wonder about our coaching sometimes.

Logan will improve and is still learning his craft. Hopefully next season he will get a run in the reserve league and will no doubt have plenty of practice to show that improvement.

Archived