Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nod.E

one hates to say i told you so...

Is everybody now in agreement how bloody awful conrad logan is now!! yesterday i felt like jumping on him at the final whistle. absolutely useless goalkeeping. i hate the bloke with a passion, i really do!

useless albino :whistle:

Is everybody now in agreement how bloody awful conrad logan is now!! yesterday i felt like jumping on him at the final whistle. absolutely useless goalkeeping. i hate the bloke with a passion, i really do!

Well considering he had ten blithering idiots in front of him playing fooking pin-ball what do you expect?

Why do people feel it necessary to use the description albino in such a derogatory manner ?

Logan was not bad on Sunday, he had a tough job to do and will be a decent keeper in the future, its pointless being so negative about a young up and coming player. I would like to see him go out on loan next season, pick up some experiece and come back a better player

Where you thinking of going round his house to jump on him then?

This is the guy who kept two clean sheets recently and made some excellent saves in games thought vital to our survival.

No-one in our defence was blameless Sunday but Logan made three cracking saves and was simply left with Hobson's Choice on occasions by our woeful defending.

Granted he might have taken more command at times - it is something it's time he got ruthless on and if Stearman had cocked up and blamed me like he did on one occasion I'd have likely flattened him or, and at the very least, been in his face with attitude.

Blaming someone else is a habit among City players. I saw Tiatto do it once with Logan, Hughes do it to Nils after the midfielder failed to control a pass at Barnsley and Stearman when he needed to be decisive against Wolves.

I've lauded Kisnorbo and McAuley on occasions this season but both looked in a world of their own Sunday. Not only did one concede a penalty and the other get sent off but they let balls bounce in the middle of the box, got beaten for pace and on the turn, were dragged out of position and never looked even nearly as sharp as the opposition.

Nils, despite making a goal, was almost as vulnerable and Stearman too blew hot and cold and then only managed one half before giving way to the less than inspiring Kenton.

No, City's defence was like a cullinder and I didn't see Logan as being particularly to blame.

In fact but for him it might have been six because how he stopped the shot from a yard or two I don't know and his parry which led to the goalline clearance was a goalstopped too. His third stop was outstanding - a big stretch to a clever lob - but, though the ball was in the air for ages, our two central defenders let it bounce in the box and they scored while we dallied.

Logan to me has had probably no more than two less than good or average games in his 20 matches so far and that's as good as your likely to get with goalkeepers, especially ones who are in their first professional season and who are playing behind an under pressure defence.

Sorry kids, but Logan is shit. He was only being picked because Worthington knew he had to pick youngsters to try and appease the fans, and saw Logan as an easy one to bring in because Henderson isn't exactly Peter Shilton himself.

In two years time Conrad will be playing League One or Two football, if he gets lucky and snaffles a contract somewhere when he gets released from here.

Sorry kids, but Logan is shit. He was only being picked because Worthington knew he had to pick youngsters to try and appease the fans, and saw Logan as an easy one to bring in because Henderson isn't exactly Peter Shilton himself.

In two years time Conrad will be playing League One or Two football, if he gets lucky and snaffles a contract somewhere when he gets released from here.

That's very logical, a Manager trying to secure a £200,000 a year contract picks a shit goalie to please the fans when both of them, the fans and the manager want nothing more than to avoid relegation.

Now I've read it all!

As I said, Henderson isn't great himself, shit for shit; you can see for yourself how so many people decide that Logan is magically better than Hendo just because he came through our youth system and pick him in their teams etc., so obviously it's going to make the fans happier. We have a lot of stupid fans.

As I said, Henderson isn't great himself, shit for shit; you can see for yourself how so many people decide that Logan is magically better than Hendo just because he came through our youth system and pick him in their teams etc., so obviously it's going to make the fans happier. We have a lot of stupid fans.

I'm sorry but that doesn't explain

He was only being picked because Worthington knew he had to pick youngsters to try and appease the fans

The only thing Worthington knew he had to do was avoid relegation.

Logan kept two clean sheets in two of the most important games of the season under immense pressure, if we'd have lost them games because of Logan, Worthington would have been lynched.

To say what you said is just too ridiculous for words irrespective of the quality of either goal keeper.

no

logan is no better or worse than henderson.

the defence left him constatntly under pressure

the 1st goal he was trying to make himself look big the 2nd he actually made a great save for the 1st effort

trouble is you can only do so much if the defence doesnt clear the ball.

If you had a poll of fans at the time Logan replaced Henderson, the majority would have stuck with Henderson. But he'd dropped som awful clangers and it was time for a change and, in truth, the change worked to a great extent. Not spectacularly but sufficiently.

Far more people were calling for King's inclusion in midfield but that didn't happen - in fact he didn't even get a seat on the bench.

no

logan is no better or worse than henderson.

the defence left him constatntly under pressure

the 1st goal he was trying to make himself look big the 2nd he actually made a great save for the 1st effort

trouble is you can only do so much if the defence doesnt clear the ball.

I agree with that. I imagine if you compare player ratings over the season for the two you would find they come out virtually the same.

Henderson has made some truly spectacular saves but dropped far more individual clangers than Logan. The latter's best saves have been blocks, his distribution is marginally better and he's always seemed pretty consistent and reliable.

On three or four occasions at different times of the season I wrote that I couldn't easily choose between the two and didn't really care which was picked.

But for people to suggest that Sunday was somehow fault is to totally ignore the reality.

You weren't the lad standing behind me abusing him all game were you? :unsure:

logan isn't good enough and i've said that so you can't say 'i told you so' to me! :D

yes he had 10 (8 in my opinion) losers infront of him on sat but he was still to blame largely for wolves' first 2 goals. he guenuinely doesn't look like he knows what he is doing and i'm not gonna let the fact that he's a leicester trained youngster excuse him from that! i can't even remember him making a save on sat, bar the 1 decent one which still led to him running into nils and giving wolves an open goal.

hendo's better than logan and at least half the keepers in this division are better than henderson.

Logan is not crap! I really do rate the guy.

He pulls off some great saves at times and his kicking is a hell of a lot better than Henderson's. :thumbup:

i agree with Joe, logan is definately a lot better kicker of the ball then henderson and am much more comftable when he has the ball. I didn't think he did that bad on sunday could have been worse. Barnsley he played well and Birmingham away he was truly outstanding. The problem isn't with our keeper.

i agree with Joe, logan is definately a lot better kicker of the ball then henderson and am much more comftable when he has the ball. I didn't think he did that bad on sunday could have been worse. Barnsley he played well and Birmingham away he was truly outstanding. The problem isn't with our keeper.

Birmingham away, now you're talking.

What a performance from him that day, absolutely god like :worship::D

Was the first goal not his falut against brum?

Was the first goal not his falut against brum?

well their was only 1 goal in that game, so you maybe confused with the home game.

I think all you lot who are doubting Logan or blaming him in any way for the way this poor side has performed is truely ridiculous. As many people have said before, you cannot always blame him for the mistakes of the 'so called' defenders.Logan has made some outstanding saves and is getting better each match, especially for a young keeper.

As for 'North stand fox' whoever you are-pull ur head out of hendos arse and start watching the game.

I think all you lot who are doubting Logan or blaming him in any way for the way this poor side has performed is truely ridiculous. As many people have said before, you cannot always blame him for the mistakes of the 'so called' defenders.Logan has made some outstanding saves and is getting better each match, especially for a young keeper.

As for 'North stand fox' whoever you are-pull ur head out of hendos arse and start watching the game.

everyone has their own opinions and obviously a lot of people agree with you but surely no-one can say he's getting better by the game?! i dont know why he was dropped half-way through the season because he did look good then. but hendo took over and also looked fine. since wortho came in and logan was put back in the first team he's looked lost. i can see both sides of the arguments regarding mcarthy/fryatt/tiatto etc but i really don't think logan is good enough. a decent shot stopper is below minimum reqirement. we need someone who commands their area and breeds confidence within the back 4. anyone who saw the last game cannot say logan did that (all over the place for the corner - 1st goal; clatters nils - 2nd; obvious lack of communication - 3rd; 6mph pen down the middle - 4th) :frusty:

He is young and the best shot stopper we have at the club but yes he is raw and makes errors, especially at crosses in teh box. He`ll get there in time I have no doubt as he has bags of ability but he needs time. Being thrust into teh deep end at times this season will be teh making of him because at times he has performed superbly. He may not be ready to be our No1 just yet but Douglas and Hendo wouldnt be No1s in 75% of the clubs in this division either (maybe more!).

We do need a new keeper and the OOC Hartlepool lad is the one for us!

Archived