Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Value for money at gigs

Went to see Good Shoes last night, cost £7.50 and they were absolutely brilliant, far better than when I saw them last month in London, but they only played for half an hour. Short-changed? A little bit.

Going to see Hot Chip tonight, £25 but I would seriously have paid £100 to see them.

Going to see Arctic Monkeys next weekend and that's £30-odd but that just has to be done and Muse at Wembley was £42.50 - similar thing.

Ever felt really short-changed by a gig?

Don't think I've ever paid more than £15 for a gig ticket, even in London. Guitar Wolf for £10 was blinding.

In fact, my first Reading Festival I swear only cost me about £100. Compared to just a few years later, when you think I probably saw about twenty odd bands, it's pretty good value. ;)

Went to see Good Shoes last night, cost £7.50 and they were absolutely brilliant, far better than when I saw them last month in London, but they only played for half an hour. Short-changed? A little bit.

Going to see Hot Chip tonight, £25 but I would seriously have paid £100 to see them.

Going to see Arctic Monkeys next weekend and that's £30-odd but that just has to be done and Muse at Wembley was £42.50 - similar thing.

Ever felt really short-changed by a gig?

£60 to see U2

£35 to see RHCP

£5 to see Uncle Brian and Streetlight Manifesto - Uncle Brian's bus broke down and didn't turn up and i had to leave before Streetlight played. Waste. Of. Money.

I went to see Kuldip Manak, yes I know, he's a legend, at the Pink Coconut in Derby. Paid £15, and he only sang 2 songs, what a rip off!! :angry:

Went to see another legend, Waris in Leicester at the RCC Hall, paid £15 quid and he only sang for 20 minutes!! :angry:

But I saw Avtar Maniac once, he sang 2 songs but they were the best 2 songs i've seen any live act play, bhangra or pop!!

the best value for money gigs iv bin to/played at, are the local hardcore punk/thrash nights downstairs at the shed lol, i no the sheds shite but any way, up to 7 or 8 bands from around England and Europe for no more than £3, great nights :thumbup: , great bands and nice people n'all

• 2 weeks later...

Not really had any incredibly rip-off ones really, but the way they jacked up the price of drinks dramatically at the student union irritated me. I pay £2 for that pint any other day of the week and now its £3.50? bah! :(

Queen & Paul Rodgers at the makeshift Wembley Arena was cr*p - the floor had no incline so unless you were in the first 20 rows, you couldn't see the stage.

Scissor Sisters at new Arena - one speaker out on left side of the stage (where I was :angry: )

Queen & Paul Rodgers at the makeshift Wembley Arena was cr*p - the floor had no incline so unless you were in the first 20 rows, you couldn't see the stage.

Scissor Sisters at new Arena - one speaker out on left side of the stage (where I was :angry: )

Serves you right for going to see Scissor Sisters in the first place :P:whistle:

Serves you right for going to see Scissor Sisters in the first place :P:whistle:

I know.

Kinda had to though. The Mrs wanted to see them as a birthday present.

I call it a marital sacrifice.

She makes enough of 'em for my footy.

8ed90dd1.gif

This was £7.

Was a good gig, the Killers were good.

They're a crock of shite now, have been since the bag of knackers that were Hot Fuss.

British Sea Power also extremely enjoyable.

The stage was about the width of your avergae patio sliding doors (two panes of glass).

Lovely stuff.

8ed90dd1.gif

This was £7.

Was a good gig, the Killers were good.

They're a crock of shite now, have been since the bag of knackers that were Hot Fuss.

British Sea Power also extremely enjoyable.

The stage was about the width of your avergae patio sliding doors (two panes of glass).

Lovely stuff.

ROTARY TEN FROM SLEAFORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are amazing.

there's a rotary ten from sheffield playing the charlotte soon, get 'em while they're hot they sound ok, but i bet the sleaford lot are better

i once saw the bluetones at the charlotte for 8 quid or summat, swiftly followed by cast at the same venue for a similar price, and cast had heavy stereo supporting who were great. i also saw the almighty at leicester uni for 4 1/2 quid ages ago (1989 i think)

there's a rotary ten from sheffield playing the charlotte soon, get 'em while they're hot they sound ok, but i bet the sleaford lot are better

i once saw the bluetones at the charlotte for 8 quid or summat, swiftly followed by cast at the same venue for a similar price, and cast had heavy stereo supporting who were great. i also saw the almighty at leicester uni for 4 1/2 quid ages ago (1989 i think)

That's the same band.

My parents are good friends with the Traffords, I've got contacts within the music industry now.

That's the same band.

My parents are good friends with the Traffords, I've got contacts within the music industry now.

denying their roots though, that's dreadful! get you old man to have a word. my only claim to fame is seeing mark wallingtons willy.

Archived