Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bedford Fox

Greatest Guitar Player of all time?

The Egde for me...

...Hendrix was bollocks in my opinion - I think too many follow him and say their a fan because he was 'cool man', but didn't realise he was wank at playin gthe guitar...

...like Elvis - people though he was great, but didn't realise he was a fat kareoke singer who didn't write a note...but that's a different story...

The Egde for me...

...Hendrix was bollocks in my opinion - I think too many follow him and say their a fan because he was 'cool man', but didn't realise he was wank at playin gthe guitar...

...like Elvis - people though he was great, but didn't realise he was a fat kareoke singer who didn't write a note...but that's a different story...

67890[/snapback]

Get real, man! Do you even know who spotted him and helped him become big? He was exceptional and could even play with both hands... at the same time! Whether you like his music or not, is a different matter, and I agree that some people jump on the bandwagon without even having listened to his music. But he was amazing on a guitar!

The Egde for me...

67890[/snapback]

HAHAHA the edge!!!! Are you on drugs! Hendrix is easily the best ever guitar player. I really do ope your edge comment was sarcastic.

The Egde for me...

67890[/snapback]

HAHAHA the edge!!!! Are you on drugs! Hendrix is easily the best ever guitar player. I really do ope your edge comment was sarcastic.

67955[/snapback]

Hendrix certainly was! ^_^

Me of course  :S 

My top 5 guitarists would probably be...

1. Eddie Van Halen

2. Steve Vai

3. Richie Sambora

4. Dan Huff

5. Toss up between John Petrucci and SRV

68037[/snapback]

:thumbsup: so there IS someone who's heard of Dream Theater afterall :thumbup: I would turn your list upside down though ;)

Stuff like Steve Vai and Eddie Van Halen is just playing guitar for the sake of playing guitar. It may be'technically' brilliant but music is about human emotional expression through sounds, not how quickly you can tap your finges. That is where it is incomprehensible for me to even consider Van Halen to be better than hendrix, because he made beautiful music that really moves me where as they right really crass songs which make me want to vomit.

Stuff like Steve Vai and Eddie Van Halen is just playing guitar for the sake of playing guitar. It may be'technically' brilliant but music is about human emotional expression through sounds, not how quickly you can tap your finges. That is where it is incomprehensible for me to even consider Van Halen to be better than hendrix, because he made beautiful music that really moves me where as they right really crass songs which make me want to vomit.

68696[/snapback]

I won't disagree either, Steve Vai is technically the greatest guitarist I've ever seen, but if you ever take the time to listen to any of his albums the majority of the work on there is boring as hell. I bought volume one of his elusive light and sound album and it really sucks bad =/ but that is not to say that he isnt one of the greatest guitarists ever, he clearly is. Eddie is my favourite though, because he single handedly created some of the techniques we see in guitar playing to, not just his infamous right hand tapping technique but also things like widely used touch harmonics etc. When you listed to Van Halen music they have some top quality songs, and it does'nt all revolve around mr. Van Halen's playing either, alot of the songs have quite prominent keyboard lines and catchy chorus etc. Whilst I appreciate that Jimmy Hendrix was a good guitarist, particularly being that good when he was left handed which is a rarity, I do not enjoy listening to his music as much as some of the guitarists I mentioned.

The list I picked was based mostly around guitar playing technique and who I feel is the best at that. If I was to pick a 'favourite guitarist' overall it would probably be Richie Sambora of Bon Jovi fame. He's not overly flashy but posesses some good skills and he is quite a bluesy influenced type player. Also has a better singing voice than JBJ himself :rolleyes:

o come on people its jimmy page by far he kills everyone else

70603[/snapback]

Has he? Do the police know.....i know some are already dead but this takes the pi55!

70605[/snapback]

he doesn't actually kill anyone, but slightly less offensively, he does pi55 on everyone else

70603[/snapback]

Has he? Do the police know.....i know some are already dead but this takes the pi55!

70605[/snapback]

he doesn't actually kill anyone, but slightly less offensively, he does pi55 on everyone else

70613[/snapback]

lol he's not worthy of cleaning Jimi's shoes :ermm: Having said that, Led Zeppelin was a great band :thumbup:

70603[/snapback]

70605[/snapback]

70613[/snapback]

lol he's not worthy of cleaning Jimi's shoes :ermm: Having said that, Led Zeppelin was a great band :thumbup:

70615[/snapback]

jimi was a two trick pony (messing around with his teeth and setting fire to his 'axe')

by stez logged in as kt

Archived