Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bedford Fox

Greatest Guitar Player of all time?

So? he could do stuff on a guitar that no-one has ever could before or since. Page was nothing extraordinary by any means...

70649[/snapback]

setting fire to your guitar is hardly genius page making his guitar sound like a violin is (kashmir)

stez as kat again

So? he could do stuff on a guitar that no-one has ever could before or since. Page was nothing extraordinary by any means...

70649[/snapback]

setting fire to your guitar is hardly genius page making his guitar sound like a violin is (kashmir)

stez as kat again

70662[/snapback]

:huh: ... well if violin is what you wanna hear, you might wanna shift to classical music, stez ^_^

the guitar ISN'T supposed to sound like a violin :blink:

Jimi could do more than the tricks, which don't impress me and I wish he didn't do them. He is FAR better than that. The introduction to Little Wing is one of the most beautiful examples of controla nd restraint of an instrument. Vodoo Chile (Slight Return) is a (still) unrivalled exhibition of control over feedback to effect the body and mind, the sounds are so diorientating its unbelievable.

Like all great musicans, Jimi did more than play songs for the sake of them sounding good, he played songs with soul and feeling. That is why he is unique in the list of great innovative guitar players!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest stezza NLI

if its turned into a good guitarists worth a mention thread, heres a few

joe-perry.JPG

joe perry

johnsmile89.jpg

john squire

kirk_hammett.jpg

kirk hammett

Jo%20Dog%20BrightonNov2002.jpg

joe dog - the dogs d'amour

but back to the thread this chap IS the best:

jimmy.jpg

ok so no-one on this list has heard of john mclaughlin, michael angelo batio, steve morse or Gary moore. i think some people need to broaden there musical knowledge before they say the Edge is the greatest guitarist ever.

ok so no-one on this list has heard of john mclaughlin, michael angelo batio,  steve morse or Gary moore. i think some people need to broaden there musical knowledge before they say the Edge is the greatest guitarist ever.

79668[/snapback]

Gary Moore is definitely quality, but I haven't heard of the others you mention.,..

ok so no-one on this list has heard of john mclaughlin, michael angelo batio,  steve morse or Gary moore. i think some people need to broaden there musical knowledge before they say the Edge is the greatest guitarist ever.

79668[/snapback]

Michaelangelo Batio is great but I wouldnt say he is the greatest ever... to me, I guess Eddie Van Halen and immy Hendrix are the most important cus they set new standards, without them many of these other guitarist may not have come to light. To me, that makes them the greatest guitarists in the world.

79668[/snapback]

Perhaps people don't want to broaden their horizons, maybe they're happy listening to the same old shit, and perhaps they cannot be arsenaled trawling through hours of music to find lyrical and musical perfection.

I know I am!

• 2 weeks later...
Nobody's mentioned Johnny Marr!!

83120[/snapback]

he is indeed great, if a little *plinky plinky* if you know what i mean? john squire as a contempory of johnny marr was better because he did more styles. the solo on love is the law (on the album) is one of the best ever

• 3 weeks later...

You guys are ridiculous, why not mention the underappreciated guitarists that play with passion like Steve Howe, he's one of my favorites. If you haven't heard South Side of the Sky, you guys need to take a listen, his guitar wails and Rick Wakeman breaks out one of the best piano solos ever in a progressive rock song

You guys are ridiculous, why not mention the underappreciated guitarists that play with passion like Steve Howe, he's one of my favorites. If you haven't heard South Side of the Sky, you guys need to take a listen, his guitar wails and Rick Wakeman breaks out one of the best piano solos ever in a progressive rock song

92927[/snapback]

Yes. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived