Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kilworthfox

Championship Promotion Contenders

Going UP?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Who's your 3? Then why!

• Bristol City
    • Burnley
    • Cardiff City
    • Charlton Athletic
    • Coventry City
    • Crystal Palace
    • Hull City
    • Ipswich Town
    • Leicester City
    • Norwich City
    • Plymouth Argyle
    • Preston North End
    • Sheffield United
    • Sheffield Wednesday
    • Southampton
    • Stoke City
    • Watford
    • West Bromwich Albion
    • Wolverhampton Wanderers
    • Barnsley / Blackpool / Colchester / Q P R / Sc*unthorpe

Well I hope we are one of them. But realisticly I think..

Charlton - Spent a fair amount, Pardew has been in this league done it, & I would assume got the T-shirt. Be surprised if they are not in contension.

Wolves - Kightly, Keogh, Eastwood. The're up man those three will see them up.

Stoke - Don't know why I picked them really. The've been in the league for ages. Theres always one team thats a shock. I tip them to be the surprise package this sesason.. Just a hunch

However possibly I think we've got surprise package potential :cool: Wait & see.. bring on the new season!

I think they will be there or thereabouts. It all comes down to the slightest thing like one goal separating Derby from a WBA side that was superior on the day in Cardiff

Except the play-off final was at Wembley.

No wonder the baggies lost!

Wolves have built a formidable squad and have plenty more to spend if need be. Their manager knows his way around this league. I can't see past them for the title.

Charlton have also bought well over the summer (even if they paid over the odds for Paddy Mac!) and should join them in the Premiership.

The playoffs, as we know, are a lottery. We MAY get there but Martin Allen and the current squad have a LOT of catching up to do.

I think Sheff Utd will just edge out Watford for the third promotion place.

For some reason I don't think WBA, Charlton or Watford will get promoted this year.

Sheffield United will be the team to beat this year, I definitely think we will be in the promotion shake up in 1 way or another, so that only leaves 1 more team for promotion, probably Wolves but I'm not certain.

Top -Three.

West Brom

Charlton

Wolves

I'm unsure about Charlton, I would never like to underestimate Pardew (who i really rate), however I'm not convinced that their the certainty to go up, let alone as Champions that some think...

Beyond Charlton, WestBrom still have a very good squad despite the loss of Koumas and Kamara and Wolves look very strong (especially up front).

Other Likely Contenders.

Watford

Leicester

Preston

Southampton

Sheff Wednesday

Sheff Utd

Outside of the top three, I think plenty of teams have the potential to challenge at the top end... the fact that we've invested in an entirely new squad so that should mean we're at least in contention... Wednesday finished last season strongly and could also be challenging, Southampton are a weaker team than last season and the same goes for Preston but both still have the quality to mount credible promotion pushes and then there's Watford who have a squad that's won promotion in the past and a competent manager who's done it before.

Not convinced by Sheff Utd, they have the remnants of a strong squad and that should enable them to remain in touching distance of promotion but i just cannot see them getting promoted as long as their managed by Robson, would have been better advised to stick with Warnock IMHO.

Long Shots

Palace

Plymouth

Coventry

Cardiff

Finally you have the longer shots, Plymouth, perhaps Burnley, if things goes well Cardiff could threaten again and both Palace and Coventry must have improved their prospects since last season (although Palace will miss McAnuff IMHO and they have T*ylor to cope with... while 'Chaventry' have hardly set the world alight with their "operation premiership" during pre-season).

Wolves have built a formidable squad and have plenty more to spend if need be. Their manager knows his way around this league. I can't see past them for the title.

Charlton have also bought well over the summer (even if they paid over the odds for Paddy Mac!) and should join them in the Premiership.

The playoffs, as we know, are a lottery. We MAY get there but Martin Allen and the current squad have a LOT of catching up to do.

I think Sheff Utd will just edge out Watford for the third promotion place.

I really think were not that far off.

The signings of Clemence and Campbell have really turned the play offs into a posibility, i reckon we will be there or there abouts come the end of the season.

Charlton

Sheff Utd

----------

West Brom

If you ask me.... your overestimating Sheff Utd (under Robbo they'll flouder) and your underestimating Wolves... then again you didnt ask me, so I'll leave it at that... :whistle:

I think that Cardiff will get in... I don't know why, I am highly suspicious of the Robbie Fowler Factor... and I also think Charlton will be there with them, they just have spent as much as we have and there are some good quality signings there.

I think we will be the team to make it from the playoffs if we do make it there, we have the signings now to really damage sides once the combinations stay together and if we can keep relatively fit till the end of season... I have much promise that Leicester can be in the Premiership in 2008... :D :D

Archived