Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kilworthfox

Championship Promotion Contenders

Going UP?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Who's your 3? Then why!

• Bristol City
    • Burnley
    • Cardiff City
    • Charlton Athletic
    • Coventry City
    • Crystal Palace
    • Hull City
    • Ipswich Town
    • Leicester City
    • Norwich City
    • Plymouth Argyle
    • Preston North End
    • Sheffield United
    • Sheffield Wednesday
    • Southampton
    • Stoke City
    • Watford
    • West Bromwich Albion
    • Wolverhampton Wanderers
    • Barnsley / Blackpool / Colchester / Q P R / Sc*unthorpe

Charlton - Win - Mainly because they have a decent team, managed to sell players for good Prices and bring some players in that can score goals, and play well in this division!

Wolves - 2nd- Good team, Eastwood great signing and made some other good signings, kept most of last season team, so would be a good shout!

Us - playoff winner- Purely for the fact we now have a squad capable of succeeding, With a good manager and a chairman willing to flash the cash i reckon we will have a good chance!

Surprise package - Bristol City - purely for the fact i reckon there up for the fight, with a few decent signings i reckon they could do a colchester!

preston have made the play offs in the last few seasons and it's their turn to go up. I think Charlton are the strongest of the relegated premiership sides and with players like illuemo (I know i spelt that wrong :whistle: ) and Varney they will score lots of goals Leicester will be very strong, winning most of their home games and finish 2nd

1st Charlton

2nd Leicester

Playoffs: Preston

You started a similar thread last night.
You criticized my point yesterday and my topic today! Looks like we are all creatures of habit :thumbup:

KNOCK HIS BLOCK OFF!!!! :unsure::thumbup:

preston have made the play offs in the last few seasons and it's their turn to go up. I think Charlton are the strongest of the relegated premiership sides and with players like illuemo (I know i spelt that wrong :whistle: ) and Varney they will score lots of goals Leicester will be very strong, winning most of their home games and finish 2nd

1st Charlton

2nd Leicester

Playoffs: Preston

1st Southampton

2nd Leicester

P/O Watford

I really do not fear many teams in this division, Southampton will be strong again, Watford like ourselves will be up for the fight.

Sheff Wed (good 2nd half to last year, Preston again but stay, Wolves although I believe too much is made of their side Keightly is a good player!

Sheff U will whimper and die under BR's leadership, Palace will be poor under PT, Charlton will not adapt to a more physical, quicker less technical league.

IMHO :thumbup:

The three sides that came down.

Not very original I know, and yes Sheffield Utd have appointed a truly lousy manager, but I think they've all retained a lot of good players.

A lot of last season's champoinship top half were much of a muchness - it's too early (obviously) to tell who's improved from a 65-75 point team to a 80-85 point team, if anyone, so that's why I'm going with last season's Prem sides.

wolves, southampton and of course leicester.

I don't think sheff utd will be able to get back up to the premier league and there will be a surprise package team... well it'll certainly surprise alot of city fans, that is once we get promoted as champions :whistle:

I see Wolves winning the league by a pretty decent margin. I'm hoping to get money on that soon, as it happens. McCarthy is building a right good squad there.

Charlton and Sheffield Utd will be there or thereabouts, Watford will probably just miss out on the playoffs.

Why does everyone think that Southampton are going to have a great season? I think they'll just be creeping around the plat-offs again.

Wolves next year will be a big force, their front line is pretty exciting, Eastwood, Keogh, Kightly and Bothroyd.

West Brom could possibly be in contention as well, if they can hold onto some of there players before the season starts.

The third team I think shall be Charlton. A lot of striking options next year, they will do well.

Why does everyone think that Southampton are going to have a great season? I think they'll just be creeping around the plat-offs again.

They played some good football last year and have an excellent manager. :thumbup: Although they are undoubtedly going to miss Gareth Bale.

Archived