Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

Problems

Strengthening  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Where do we need to strengthen?

• In Goal
    • Defence
    • Midfield
    • Attack
  2. 2. ... but we desperately, desperately need to strengthen..

• In Goal
    • Defence
    • Midfield
    • Attack

We've got to stop playing players out of position.

We must have had what, one player (Weslowski) out of position yesterday, and since he is probably the best player in Europe the way some idiots bang on about him here, he should have been able to cope with playing slightly wider for 70 minutes.

We need a left back because Mattock isn't good enough at the moment (despite, again, his ridiculous championing by a group of classic internet fans), and we need a good quality left winger (Porter is useless and hopefully won't turn out for City many times again, and Hayes alone is not enough).

We definately need a solid, commanding keeper (like Walker was) we shouldn't make do with just two adequete keepers in Nielsen and Hendo!

We should also, like so many have already said, look for a new:

Left Back (Nissa should have stayed)

Left Mid

and possibly Striker (thats a maybe though - I feel as though too many strikers could spoil the broth)

We need another left-back so we can rotate Mattock with as we are asking too much for him to play the whole season. IMO Sheehan isnt the man to rotate with and is better sent out on loan.

We need a new left-mid. I`d probably settle for the idea that many have had and go for someone who is good at set-pieces and a creative player who comes off the left like Koumas did for WBA last season. Obviously Danny Murphy/Claus Jensen would be a great signing but we are more likely to get someone in on loan instead.

We need an out and out striker to rotate with Hume and DJ. I don't think MDV will ever do it for us. He will do OK but he wont score 20+ goals a season IMO. He has impressed me in recent weeks but I don't think he is capable fo scoring the goals we desire. Fryatt to me is on the verge of a move. I`d be surprised if he was here come the first of next month. He didn't even get off the bench yesterday and its obvious by the friendlies he has been involved in that he isn't a favourite of MA.

However, I think we could survive without the striker but we need that creative midfielder desperately.

We've got to stop playing players out of position.

We must have had what, one player (Weslowski) out of position yesterday, and since he is probably the best player in Europe the way some idiots bang on about him here, he should have been able to cope with playing slightly wider for 70 minutes.

We need a left back because Mattock isn't good enough at the moment (despite, again, his ridiculous championing by a group of classic internet fans), and we need a good quality left winger (Porter is useless and hopefully won't turn out for City many times again, and Hayes alone is not enough).

what a worthless piece of hypocracy - so its cretinous to get (too) excited about certain players, yet its ok to totally dismiss another player through complete unworthines - silly, silly arguement. i'm sure porter would have made a much better wide player on sat.

in fact, this whole thread is a load of knee jerk bollockz - so, mattock didn't have a great game, and the midfield didn't gel for the first half hour, and the strikers missed a few chances (at least we had chances, so much for our 'rubbish' midfield) - the solution is to go out and buy more players??? - but that won't guarantee an improvement, we have 12 new players, less than half got a game, so effectively we had the bulk of last years squad in there anyway; and what happens if we buy more players and we still struggle, a campaign for MORE new players.

the team will always need strengthening, and i would welcome any new signings of a decent quality, but this whole panic of 'all positions need strengthening now - and we definately need more midfielders' is laughable after one game.

oh, and nisse left - so anyone who argues we should have kept him is a div.

Certainly Left-back.

I don't know about the rest of you, but i felt that we should of kept Nisse Johansson :unsure:

Why? He was part of the reason we were never going to score enough over the last two seasons. We've people on here who talk about working three attackers into the team as if that would be an adventure.

I think we need five or six including full-backs to help and we've got a classy left-back who never gets picked.

So he got his faults. What's new? Look at any left-back including Heinze, Brown and Bale. They've all got their faults.

From everything I've seen this season Sheehan has improved his defensive heading and, hopefully his concentration. As an attacker he's different League from anyone else. He gets forward most, can cross the ball properly, is the only player apart from Beswick who can consistly flight a long pass and he bends and strikes free kicks viciously.

Defensively he doesn't seem to make any more mistakes than others. Nils was awful when turned or attacked at speed, Kenton far too slow, Maybury was a joke, Mattock's promising but noticeably inexperienced and if you bought someone else I doubt you'd find ready answers because there's a dearth of such players.

Sheehan's problem is he's not the frantic harrier MA seems to love. He's a cultured player trying to get in a side which has no attacking class at all behind the front two, apart from the less than fully-fit Hayes, now Weso's been exiled and effectively neutralised on the wing, Porter ignored and Gradel sent out on loan.

Why? He was part of the reason we were never going to score enough over the last two seasons. We've people on here who talk about working three attackers into the team as if that would be an adventure.

I think we need five or six including full-backs to help and we've got a classy left-back who never gets picked.

So he got his faults. What's new? Look at any left-back including Heinze, Brown and Bale. They've all got their faults.

From everything I've seen this season Sheehan has improved his defensive heading and, hopefully his concentration. As an attacker he's different League from anyone else. He gets forward most, can cross the ball properly, is the only player apart from Beswick who can consistly flight a long pass and he bends and strikes free kicks viciously.

Defensively he doesn't seem to make any more mistakes than others. Nils was awful when turned or attacked at speed, Kenton far too slow, Maybury was a joke, Mattock's promising but noticeably inexperienced and if you bought someone else I doubt you'd find ready answers because there's a dearth of such players.

Sheehan's problem is he's not the frantic harrier MA seems to love. He's a cultured player trying to get in a side which has no attacking class at all behind the front two, apart from the less than fully-fit Hayes, now Weso's been exiled and effectively neutralised on the wing, Porter ignored and Gradel sent out on loan.

BLAH...BLAH...BLAH

We need a good left back ((((((NOW))))) Mattock was piss poor all game!!! Get him out and BUY A FOOKING NEW ONE!!!

Archived