Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lineker's Left Foot

Song just heard that captures you straight away

Which particular song, having heard it, makes you feel amazing when you hadn't heard it in ages?

Recently was out in Huddersfield at an Old Skool night and heard Shades of Rhythms' Sound of Eden - what a classic track and IMO the BEST dance track I've possibly ever heard

What are other peoples' songs that do that?

Which particular song, having heard it, makes you feel amazing when you hadn't heard it in ages?

Recently was out in Huddersfield at an Old Skool night and heard Shades of Rhythms' Sound of Eden - what a classic track and IMO the BEST dance track I've possibly ever heard

What are other peoples' songs that do that?

must admit, i listened to 'how high' by the charlaatans today for the first time in years, cranked it up, and it was fantastic, so much energy...

funnily enough, i heard a depeche mode song the other day, i'm not a fan but i remember taping of the radio when it was new, and really liking - can't remember the bleeding name, cause vh-1 are playing 5-star... but the video was them walking round a shop...

i had the feeling it was probably a song that most DM fans would hate, had harmonies and was a bit 50s...

funnily enough, i heard a depeche mode song the other day, i'm not a fan but i remember taping of the radio when it was new, and really liking - can't remember the bleeding name, cause vh-1 are playing 5-star... but the video was them walking round a shop...

i had the feeling it was probably a song that most DM fans would hate, had harmonies and was a bit 50s...

Depeche Mode's "See You"

Depeche Mode's "See You"

yeah, that's the one - ca't imagine it's a massive favourite amongst DM fans, took me right back tho

Dawn Can't Decide by the Lemonheads. \o/

saw them this summer and the played stuff from the '...ray' album - wow, so exciting to hear again.

I remember quite clearly hearing Alive by pearl jam for the first time it was 1991 I was 16 and I knew this band we're for me and here we are 16 years later and they are still my fave band, went to see them at wembley this year and I don't mind admitting a tear rolled down my cheek when they played it.

Other songs which I remember hearing for the first time and have stayed with me we're :-

Neil Youngs 'The needle and the damage done'

The Jam ' Thats entertainment'

Sam Cookes ' A change is gonna come'

The levellers - One way

Billy Bragg - Between the wars

Maic street preachers - motorcycle emptyness

The smiths - Theres a light....

Bruce Springsteen - born to run

The above are not necessarily my fave song from that artist but it was the song that made me interested in them.

Newer songs are harder to put down as who knows if they will mean that much in 10 years time but songs I do remember hearing for the first time are:-

The rifles - local boy

Arctic Monkeys - I bet she looks good...

Willy mason - Oxygen

Dogs - tuned to a different station

Sunshine underground - commercial breakdown

Probably remember more but thats off the top of my head.

Archived