Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The People's Hero

My new band.

I'm debating a couple of names.

1) Les Miserables.

All band members must be miserable and preferably look a little (but not too) French.

Broken and dirty looking berets to be worn (at a jaunty angle).

Bit of facial hair.

Downbeat tracks - a bit like starsailor but with more 'sacre-bleu'ing and the occasional double-entendre (as is all the rage).

Cover of blacklace tracks - AGGGAAAAA DOOOO DOOOO DOOOO to be recorded, but with a swing rhythm. We'll pitch this at getting an appearance as musicians on Celebrity Come Do A Dance or whatever the badger it's called.

Must adopt strong viewpoints on matters no one cares about like pollution and kids in Africa (just to guarantee this gets some replies). Seriously though - we'd campaign for reading glasses to be more environmentally friendly or for trainers to contain no more than 2% artificial dye.

I would quote the beat poets and our logo would incorporate a montage of Jack Kerouac's dreams. We'd have to find out what there were first. Then pictorialise them and then form some sort of montage as a kind of semi-political pastiche. It'd be ace, right up Lemon Harpic's street in a dumbed down kind of way.

2) 32 1/2 broken biscuits.

Trivial, throw away band.

Marketed as alternative, new, fresh and different but all members are from Sheffield/Leeds/Manchester and wear clothes from Burtons which have been cut up, rubbed in dirt or had a safety pin whacked through them.

Exact copies of busted/mcfly/lighthouse family tracks (need some respite from all the melodic semi-rage semi-your-parents-like-it).

Facepaint as a recurrent theme, which we'd market and sell. As soon as everyone wore it, we'd announce it was carcinogenic if applied to skin. We'd laugh but it wouldn't be true.

We'd mock the police. We would. Mock them until they told us not to, then we'd damn well behave, you hear?

More to come - what are your thoughts so far though?

I think you should go for the name that the Darkness rejected: Forced Entry

It works on so many levels.

Well, two anyway

Perhaps...

Forced Dentry.

That works too...

1) It's a funny image.

2) It's wrong, as it should be Dentistry.

3) You can merge the D's to get the false name of FORCED ENTRY (hubba hubba)

Sod it - let's just call them 'RaPE' (the small 'a' is ironic and iconic).

Archived