Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

most important goal you have scored....

I remember we had taken some stick earlier in the morning about how linekers old team was going to bury us at break time. We were worried, not only was our airflow in desperate need of repair but we had just found out that baggott and adrian smith had pulled out with injuries they had suffered trying to mount an aerial the evening before.

The bell for break time had rang and the nerves were in over drive. As we walked down to the bottom playground the Linekers old team rubbed salt in the wound even more with jibes like "your two players down and one of them is your GK" Neavo stuck a dagger in our back with a reminder that Danny Howe (linekers GK) was feeling better than ever and was hoping to apply for the school team. Even Glenda who was there rock in defence and normally a quiet and emotionless boy gave us a "your going down" smile.

Our hope was reignited when Peake agreed to play rush back and D4 had sneakily bought a new airflow ball from penpalls at the weekend. We now had a chance. The game started and the early nerves were cleared when we went into the lead when moggy deflected an ains cross into the net. Our joy soon turned to sorrow as Pirie was disposed by glenda on the left wing who played sewage works in to score the equaliser.

D4 then had a massive chance to put us 2-1 up but danny howe dived to his right pushing it around the jumper, D4 was upset and sewage works made things worse by shouting "ahhh u missed" in his face. Danny Howe in the mean time had damaged his trousers with the save and was nearly in tears worrying about telling his mother.

linekers old team had numerous chances to put the game out of reach, only for peake playing at rushback to deny them. Time was running out and we needed something special quick. Moggy dispossessed Duckett on the edge of our area and played a decisive ball to collymore, I saw D4 free at the back post and knowing we had a 10mph SW wind, I knew this was the opportunity to swing in a floater to the back post. As it left my foot I knew it was good, but the ball still had to make it over the massive frame of Glenda. YES it had made it over Glenda and all it needed was D4 to head it past Howe......but how confident was D4 after his earlier miss....2-2 YEESSS, bullet header from D4!!!

There was now only 3 minutes till the bell, anyone could win it from here. The rest is a bit of a blur but I remember picking the ball up in midfield from a lucky deflection of a random girl skipping through the playground. This had caught Linekers old team off guard. I looked up and saw the daunting figure of Glenda looking back. I started running at him, his long legs could have disposed me with the smallest mistake. I heard Neavo shout at Glenda, "he always goes on the outside" 'which I normally do' and how shocked glenda was when i cut inside and won the lottery with his long legs. I was now 1 on 1 with Howe. I was all on my own, exhausted and emotionally drained. I drew back my foot and smacked the airflow into the bottom corner, howe was in tears while the moment has never left my memory since.

Anyone else?

I remember full well the day the "new" playground was finished.

Speculation about its completion date had been flying about the cloakroom.

But the day had come. for the 2 teams, categorically known as OLD TEAMS, were to move onto their brand new playing surface.

The new playground sported state of the art achitecture. it was below ground level, u can tell this by the curbed perimeter which was level with the surrounding grass. this meant that to score a goal the airflow ball would have to hit the curb or go over the curb in order to be a goal, whereas on the original playground it was all flat. so this way there was no need for goal line technology, which was what i was immediately please about - in retrospect i shudnt have got so happy because i was to find out later that the rules wud change depending on our opponents mood and whether they had smarties in there packet lunch that day, or any other mood enhancing beverages.

I'll never forget this day anyway - a few months down the line (when the playground had faded from its original black to normal playground-grey) we were playing a game at dinner time. i distinctly remember johnny brotherhood scoring for us and doing a very ellaborate celebration - scoring a goal and running as fast as u can towards the grass on the side of the playground and sliding on ur knees - sheer ecstasy.

two problems with this tho, yes u guessed it,

problem number 1: green trouser sydrome ( u try and limit yourself to only doing it at dinner, cus if u do it at break time u then have to spend more of the day with green trousers from the knee down)

Problem number 2. The opposite team wud immediately take the ball and run down ur end and score whilst u are in mid-slide.

So the game carried on, we were 1 nil up thanks to johnny B, and mr broomfield aka lineker was a stocky lad and he bardge pirie off the ball, ben smith tried to get the ball back off lineker but lineker ran through him like the finish line tape

in the london marathon. lienker decided to shoot and it was an accurate one in went in just off centre of the goal (as we had no keeper) the jumpers helplessly watched the ball go in.

1-1.

collymore took the ball and collymore, skipped past 2 skippers, weaved past 3 sew-ers, cut inside the scissors freak, and squared a ball for pirie, pirie had a unique style, left foot only techinque but was always very determined, he walked past adrian smith who was still wondering why his goal had been disallowed 14 months ago. pire played a nice diagonal ball to ben smith, who was very much a one touch man, and he one-touched it to me, i had a smash at it, it went in! past the diving danny howe. I WAS OFF!! RUNNING TOWARDS THE GRASS AS FAST AS MY LEGS WUD CARRY ME , i picked my spot and slide on the grass on my knees with the biggest of smiles. i'd done it! and it felt great. i looked down at my trousers, and i knew it was all worth it.

naturally, while i was celebrating they had already put the ball in our goal, and i was obviously distraught. but unsuspecting i ran back onto the ptich and they hadnt spotted me becuase of was off the pitch, i disposed sewage works as he had no idea i was behind him! i ran up to the goal, i went round the 8 foot 6 glenda with legs like cranes (u knew u were in for a chance if u got post lamposts for legs glenna) danny howe had his eyes fixed on the ball......... i took a shot! ........... it went thru his legs..................AND IN!!!!!!! it hit the curb, terry robinson tried to show me the red card (with his transparent plastic red ruler he raised) becuase he thought it was a foul on sewage works. all u needed to do was look at danny howe's face and u knew the goal stood. his face looked like he'd just had his favourite meal banned from the school dinner menu, that was the face of heart break. I RAN OFF TO THE GRASS TO THE BIGGEST SLIDE I CUD CONJURE ( i had the once uve got mud\ grass stains on ur trousers uve got a free reign to carry on attitude) WE'D WON!!!

i remember going back into the lessons that afternoon sweating more than i ever had - we had to sit girl boy girl boy girl boy, and we all got handed out an A4 lined piece of paper- i had to ask for another one becuase the sweat pouring off my head had completely ruined it.

AND THAT WAS JUST MONDAY

Wouldn't call it the most important goal i've scored but most memorable, I love playing football but i'm a shit footballer, and i'm not a goalscorer...well i'd probably score more than Connolly :rolleyes::unsure:

-Anyway my last day at school EVER, my last game at lunchtime, and I missed a few sitters throughout the year, last shot of my year and I scorered,

Woohoo! Its sad but I take pride in being the last person in my year to score a goal!

I've had a few important and memorable goals throughout my schooltime, but I had a tendency to score very spectacular ones.

When I was small, about 8, I remember we had a small football pitch (a bit bigger than a basketball pitch) and we had large goals (handball sized goals). The guys from my Danish class were up against the small Spanish lads, and I remember how I twice just hoofed the lightweight plastic ball from a goalkick with absolute ferocity (it felt like that at the time ^_^) and it sailed over the head of the gnomish looking Spanish keeper. Oh how we celebrated, and the Spanish kids were complaining that it wasn't fair because their keeper wasn't that tall lol !

But the most memorable one was during my debut year in the school's "senior" tournament. Only classes in the last 3 years were allowed into the tournament. I was in the year below though, but me and my mate were very keen to play anyway. He got the chance with the Danish class (who were excellent) 2 years above us, and I was invited to play for the German side in the year above me (total crap with 1 decent player).

On paper, my team was doomed. But I had a fantastic tournament where I could hardly miss in front of goal, and we had the luck and concentration at the back to progress from the groups to the semi-finals. By now we were the surprise team of the tournament, but we were up against the English class 3 years above me. And even scarier, the whole team had at least doubled a year once, so they were all 4 years older than me, and they were huge!! We were never going to be remotely close to compete with them. And to make it worse, they were being all cocky and rejective of our team, and were nearly moaning that they even had to play us.

So they started off by getting 3-0 ahead after 10 minutes, but me and my teammates were already aware that we didnt stand a chance; all we wanted was to lose with honour. And what a way I saved our honour! We got a lucky corner from a long shot that got deflected and I opted to take the corner. I had this idea of blasting the ball low as hard as I could in front of goal and hope for a ricochet. So I stepped up and blasted it sooo sweetly, and then watched it hit their teams captain and chick-magnet's arse and fly right into the roof of the net. They all stared in disbelief and the many kids and fellow classmates watching from the sidelines were laughing so loud that it was all worth it!

He looked ever so embarrassed and we were just happy we got our goal.

We ended up losing 10-2 but that moment will stay with me for a long time ^_^

I've scored some amazing goals, my agility in school was amazing,could weave in and out of players with ease (what happened then? i hear you all say, those that know me anyway lol) First of all, against O'gradys lot, skinned one, thought ah well, might as well try take on another, skinned another, 2 became 3,then 4, then 5...........keeper left to beat, took it round him and put it in the net........leaving people gobsmacked.

Others include winning peno's in school tournaments and getting mobbed by my classmates,ah,happy days when we were year 9 and knocked out a 6th form side.

Best and most rememarable goal was when i was playing in a match at primary school and i was runing at the half way line on some grass full size pitch and the ball bobbled so i thought #### it and twated it with my left foot and it went over the goalie because i caught him off guard and it went in! Great stuff! I'll never forget it...

My only goal for my Primary goal was memorable.

I was the Keeper and i went up for a Free Kick and the ball came in hit my knee and bobbled in!!

We drew the game was ace!! :)

When i had shooting ability (yes cobbo i used to have some :P) i used to score absolute shite loads, but some stuck in the memory..

I was in year 10 and it was the last game of the school year, the usual lads playing against us from class 10HAE..

just 2 minutes before the lunch time bell went someone wacked the ball towards me with my back towards the goal.. i spun the defender and was left 1-on-1 with the keeper.. problem was it was too wide so had to hit it first time with my left peg.. GOAL!!!!

got a few punches after the game from the keeper but he ran off as i retaliated.. gimpo!!

Archived