Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bellend Sebastian

Oasis Albums voted best ever by people that vote in polls on things like that

Bring back the indie record shop!

Haven't been into the city centre for ages - I sincerely hope that Rock-a-boom and BPM are still there?

They are, but for how long is anyone's guess. I always feel a bit depressed in Rock-a-boom because there's never anyone in there.

I'd be amazed if there were any independent record stores in Leicester in three years time

Having looked at the full list I'm embarassed to admit that I've got most of them, but very few of them I actually listen to.

Oh Lord, there's a Stereophonics album in there. I don't have that, although I do have one of the Muse albums. In fact, there are so many Muse and Oasis albums in there that I think that's a clue to the demographic who responded to the poll - I'm guessing a lot of the responses were from relatively young folk

Having looked at the full list I'm embarassed to admit that I've got most of them, but very few of them I actually listen to.

Oh Lord, there's a Stereophonics album in there. I don't have that, although I do have one of the Muse albums. In fact, there are so many Muse and Oasis albums in there that I think that's a clue to the demographic who responded to the poll - I'm guessing a lot of the responses were from relatively young folk

Unfortunately most people outgrow new music - or rather, they believe they do. Kids, family, work takes over and they sell their soul to the Man, Mammon or both.

Both are evil gods that stipulate that, and I quote, "thou shalt never buy new music and forever listen relentlessly to ye music of thy youth, bemoaning that there never will be music so good ever again and that thou canst nay understand a word thoust sayest within new music, nor bear the repetive beat. Is it not too loud?" 2nd Book of Midelage chapter 3 verse 5

I buck the rule. I turn 40 this year :cry:

Unfortunately most people outgrow new music - or rather, they believe they do. Kids, family, work takes over and they sell their soul to the Man, Mammon or both.

Both are evil gods that stipulate that, and I quote, "thou shalt never buy new music and forever listen relentlessly to ye music of thy youth, bemoaning that there never will be music so good ever again and that thou canst nay understand a word thoust sayest within new music, nor bear the repetive beat. Is it not too loud?" 2nd Book of Midelage chapter 3 verse 5

I buck the rule. I turn 40 this year :cry:

I sold my soul to a mammoth. Fat lot of good that did me.

I know what you mean. An added problem is that when you reach a certain age you do become more discerning and less likely to be impressed, and there comes a point where you see through the hype that's associated with new acts be they good or bad

Oasis are the best band ever, They made the greatest debut album ever and then made made the greatest album of all time in WHATS THE STORY.

Then people slag them off about Be Here Now :rolleyes: How the fook do you make better music then your first 2 albums ?

Every album there made is good in its own way.

Oasis are the best band ever, They made the greatest debut album ever and then made made the greatest album of all time in WHATS THE STORY.

Then people slag them off about Be Here Now :rolleyes: How the fook do you make better music then your first 2 albums ?

The NME should have stuck to its original review. 7 out of 10 they gave it, before declaring it album of the year after it sold a few hundred thousand.

Greatest album of all time indeed

Full list

No Led Zep, no Massive Attack, no Who, no My Bloody Valentine. Makes me remember why I hate Q and dont buy at HMV.

Yes i too hate HMV... Burn that Rip of merchant down!!

I cant believe no Led Zep made it into that list either but still that is Q for you!!

Who buys that crap anyway!!!!

lol

Led Zep are at #29 with "IV". Which is quite ridiculous...

Oasis are the most overrated band ever, They made a decent debut album and then made another decent, yet unspectacular album in WHATS THE STORY.

Then people rightly slag them off about Be Here Now :rolleyes: They just couldn't make better music then their first 2 albums !

Every album there made is average or poor in its own way.

:giggle:

More fitting contenders for greatest debut album ever...

The Good Will Out - Embrace

The Stone Roses - The Stone Roses

3 Feet High and Rising - De La Soul

Grace - Jeff Buckley

Isn't Anything - My Bloody Valentine

Appetite for Destruction - G 'n' R

Funeral - Arcade Fire

Yo! Bum Rush the Show - Public Enemy

Unknown Pleasures - Joy Division

Lexicon of Love - ABC

There, that's ten! Definitely Maybe is a great album, but best debut album? :nono:

The Good Will Out - EmbraceThe Stone Roses - The Stone Roses

Grace - Jeff Buckley

Funeral - Arcade Fire

Lexicon of Love - ABC

There, that's ten! Definitely Maybe is a great album, but best debut album? :nono:

It is "Definitely Maybe" a better album than that one!! :unsure::giggle:

Grace - Jeff Buckley

Funeral - Arcade Fire

Lexicon of Love - ABC

Best British Album :thumbup:

Grace - Jeff Buckley

Funeral - Arcade Fire

Lexicon of Love - ABC

I've not heard of at least 6 of those, but you got at least 1 right. :D

I think Oasis have made the two greatest albums ever in my opinion.

Whats the Story has it all

Def Maybe started it all and probally made the biggest impact in terms of a debut album.

Plus they made Whatever in bewteen.

1994 - 98 Oasis were better then any band to ever grace this world.

Masterplan would be my number 3 greatest album ever made.

I think Oasis have made the two greatest albums ever in my opinion.

Whats the Story has it all

Def Maybe started it all and probally made the biggest impact in terms of a debut album.

Plus they made Whatever in bewteen.

1994 - 98 Oasis were better then any band to ever grace this world.

Masterplan would be my number 3 greatest album ever made.

That's a kinda blinkered view mate to be fair

Archived