Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bellend Sebastian

Oasis Albums voted best ever by people that vote in polls on things like that

Keane :crylaugh:

Fair play but how on earth did "Keane" make it in there??

Same reason talentless bands such as The Feeling, One Night Only, and the rest are popular nowadays. I rememeber when almost every single Keane song from that album dominated the airwaves for about 3 years. It's certainly had its effect though.

Keane :crylaugh:

Same reason talentless bands such as The Feeling, One Night Only, and the rest are popular nowadays. I remember when almost every single Keane song from that album dominated the airwaves for about 3 years. It's certainly had its effect though.

Beautifully put.

Keane are a fecking joke.

I rememeber when almost every single Keane song from that album dominated the airwaves for about 3 years. It's certainly had its effect though.

But it's under the iron sea.... which wasn't even the first album, it's the even crapper 2nd one.

To be honest, that list could have been a lot worse. It seems to be fairly representative of the average Q-reader's (whoever he/she is) musical tastes.

I think you'd have to be fairly bloody-minded or deliberately obtuse not to recognise the impact and popularity of Oasis, regardless of their perceived talent or originality. My feeling is that they were in exactly the right place at the right time ©1994 and have ridden the wave ever since.

Any top ten including The Beatles, The Stone Roses, The Clash and Pink Floyd is going to be hard to argue against all will be cited as massively influential by the music cogniscenti and the punters for many years.

Personally, i have no frickin' idea how Under The Iron Sea squeezed in there. And I'd have put The Bends above OK Computer.

Still, all a load of cobblers really, but it sells copy and lends itself to a good pub debate every now or then.

To be honest, that list could have been a lot worse. It seems to be fairly representative of the average Q-reader's (whoever he/she is) musical tastes.

I think you'd have to be fairly bloody-minded or deliberately obtuse not to recognise the impact and popularity of Oasis, regardless of their perceived talent or originality. My feeling is that they were in exactly the right place at the right time ©1994 and have ridden the wave ever since.

Any top ten including The Beatles, The Stone Roses, The Clash and Pink Floyd is going to be hard to argue against all will be cited as massively influential by the music cogniscenti and the punters for many years.

Personally, i have no frickin' idea how Under The Iron Sea squeezed in there. And I'd have put The Bends above OK Computer.

Still, all a load of cobblers really, but it sells copy and lends itself to a good pub debate every now or then.

Keane is my main gripe.

I mean, KEANE?!

Oh, and I spent the majority of my 6th Form days discussing The Bends vs OK Computer.

At the moment I'm going for the Bends because I discovered today it's in memory of Bill Hicks.

I like Bill Hicks.

Judging by that poll the FT debating society should be tackling the prospect of passing an IQ test before taking a Q poll rather than voting in an election :D

Full list

No Led Zep, no Massive Attack, no Who, no My Bloody Valentine. Makes me remember why I hate Q and dont buy at HMV.

:o I'm genuinely shocked. I've not looked at the full list yet - I've a feeling I will just rant about it. I'll do it later when I'm in the mood for being in a bad mood! :ermm:

Yes i too hate HMV... Burn that Rip of merchant down!!

I cant believe no Led Zep made it into that list either but still that is Q for you!!

Who buys that crap anyway!!!!

lol

Bring back the indie record shop!

Haven't been into the city centre for ages - I sincerely hope that Rock-a-boom and BPM are still there?

Archived