Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scarby

Student

Do you hate Students in general  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Do you hate Students in general

• Yes
    • No

I very nearly started into a very angry rant on this thread but I calmed myself down. :mad:

85481[/snapback]

Was that for students or against them? :unsure::unsure:

85485[/snapback]

Please do. I think it could be a good talking point/war. I'll have a fair few words to say in response i'm sure.

I think being a student is the equivalent of murder, you should serve time.

85555[/snapback]

What's wrong with students. :huh::o Did we mark you 1000 posts? :D:thumbup:;)

85557[/snapback]

I'm only joking.

I'm not overly sure why i'm not keen on them, it's just fun to despise them. It's funny how alot of my friends went to uni and since finishing have struggled to get jobs and myself who didn't go has alot better job than them. Makes me think that these poncy students might have been better to get a job instead of pissing 3 or 4 years up the wall?

If I wanted to muck about for 3 or 4 years I would have gone travelling, that's a better way of wasting £15,000 and the memories would outway some grotty student union and a beef and tomato pot noodle.

85559[/snapback]

I think its the expectation that they will automatically walk into a decent job, am I right in assuming you started at the bottom of your place of work and worked your way up Hoof?

I very nearly started into a very angry rant on this thread but I calmed myself down. :mad:

85481[/snapback]

85485[/snapback]

Please do. I think it could be a good talking point/war. I'll have a fair few words to say in response i'm sure.

85555[/snapback]

85557[/snapback]

I'm only joking.

I'm not overly sure why i'm not keen on them, it's just fun to despise them. It's funny how alot of my friends went to uni and since finishing have struggled to get jobs and myself who didn't go has alot better job than them. Makes me think that these poncy students might have been better to get a job instead of pissing 3 or 4 years up the wall?

If I wanted to muck about for 3 or 4 years I would have gone travelling, that's a better way of wasting £15,000 and the memories would outway some grotty student union and a beef and tomato pot noodle.

85559[/snapback]

I think its the expectation that they will automatically walk into a decent job, am I right in assuming you started at the bottom of your place of work and worked your way up Hoof?

85561[/snapback]

Kind of yes! although the only stumbling block is when I look at other jobs, you need to be a graduate to apply for them so i'm kind of stuck if I want to have a change of career without any experience and without a degree.

85481[/snapback]

85485[/snapback]

85555[/snapback]

85557[/snapback]

I'm only joking.

85559[/snapback]

85561[/snapback]

Kind of yes! although the only stumbling block is when I look at other jobs, you need to be a graduate to apply for them so i'm kind of stuck if I want to have a change of career without any experience and without a degree.

85562[/snapback]

Very true unfortunately but I would say most employers would take someone like you into consideration in you applied on spec for example.

Fit students on a friday night are quality! But the nerdy annoying ones that you tend to get on public transport piss me right off.

85326[/snapback]

lol quality post! :thumbup::D

I don't mind students in general, apart from the upper class students [AKA wankers] who I have encountered on many an occasion with their posh accents and ridiculous dress sense. :mad:

Coming to uni in 'daddy's' fancy BMW or Merc (I'm sure you've seen this Alex at Warwick ;) ) and having it all made for them.

85470[/snapback]

Oooh, I know what you mean!! :mad:

85504[/snapback]

Ah, yes, but...

These are the ones which 'pay for themselves' using 'daddy' and not the scummy ones who live in a theme pub claiming it's hard being a student as we have no money - but manage to piss it up the wall all the live long day (after they get up at noon).

Kill 'em all...I'm fed up for paying for them all the fooking time.

,Mar 31 2005, 12:10 AM]
Fit students on a friday night are quality! But the nerdy annoying ones that you tend to get on public transport piss me right off.

85326[/snapback]

lol quality post! :thumbup::D

I don't mind students in general, apart from the upper class students [AKA wankers] who I have encountered on many an occasion with their posh accents and ridiculous dress sense. :mad:

Coming to uni in 'daddy's' fancy BMW or Merc (I'm sure you've seen this Alex at Warwick ;) ) and having it all made for them.

85470[/snapback]

Oooh, I know what you mean!! :mad:

85504[/snapback]

Ah, yes, but...

These are the ones which 'pay for themselves' using 'daddy' and not the scummy ones who live in a theme pub claiming it's hard being a student as we have no money - but manage to piss it up the wall all the live long day (after they get up at noon).

Kill 'em all...I'm fed up for paying for them all the fooking time.

85567[/snapback]

I actually agree with you (not sure about the killing though) Also students who moan about being skint but dont do anything about it like getting some kind of job! I was a student nurse which, I think, is slightly different.

In regards to paying for students to go, i can assure i am paying 3% interest on my student loan which amounts to around £500 per year increases. So although your income tax will be paying for it at first i will be paying tax come june AND interest on my loan going back to the government.

Thing is mate your interest is linked to inflation (i.e. when u took the loan out x years ago prices were lower than now when ur paying it back) so actually paying about 0.5% interest or less after inflation.

As for the debate in general i agree with what a lot of u r saying cos some students are completely arrogant and some quite frankly shouldn't be at uni because their courses are ridiculous and they would have been better off getting a job.

However for those who said HATE just remember that when ur in hospital and ur treated by a doctor who probably worked their ass off for 5 years plus at uni paying probably about 40grand for the privelege.

Archived