Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Rail Travel

I've just paid for all my train tickets up to the end of October: Using the Cross Country site rather than the national one saves you money - you don't pay a postage fee and they don't charge a credit card booking fee. Forty bloody pounds to Huddersfield? I could buy a row of houses there for that!

Seems as though the train/bus replacement service is in operation again from Birmingham to Leicester in August. Oh joy!

Yeah I use Cross Country now as well.

Still shit how the rip you off by not showing the cheapest ticket though. ****ing public service my arse.

As you said to me the other night, the government are meant to be encouraging people to leave the car at home.

Rail travel is a con.

As you said to me the other night, the government are meant to be encouraging people to leave the car at home.

Rail travel is a con.

Life is a con :P

I've just paid for all my train tickets up to the end of October: Using the Cross Country site rather than the national one saves you money - you don't pay a postage fee and they don't charge a credit card booking fee. Forty bloody pounds to Huddersfield? I could buy a row of houses there for that!

Seems as though the train/bus replacement service is in operation again from Birmingham to Leicester in August. Oh joy!

Yeah i noticed that too Daggers.

Do you ever get the train via Derby instead. Often only takes me 1hr 20 mins to go via Derby instead of sitting on a rail replacement bus.

Yeah i noticed that too Daggers.

Do you ever get the train via Derby instead. Often only takes me 1hr 20 mins to go via Derby instead of sitting on a rail replacement bus.

Thats what we did a couple of times last year.

I believe thats when we met the Wednesday fans :D

Thats what we did a couple of times last year.

I believe thats when we met the Wednesday fans :D

True.

If I give you my money at Palace, if you go, will you book my train ticket for Stocky?

True.

If I give you my money at Palace, if you go, will you book my train ticket for Stocky?

Yeah, Its cheap as chips as well. Once Potters back, I'll confirm numbers (Need to see if Mikey is coming! :D !) and book 'em straight away :thumbup:

Where do you get the train from then for home games?

Nah it was a few away games. End up getting back to New Street from quite a few away games.

Rail travel is a con.

Well they are private companies, since Maggie's work in the 1980s. Like the majority of private companies all they really care about is making a profit.

Yeah, Its cheap as chips as well. Once Potters back, I'll confirm numbers (Need to see if Mikey is coming! :D !) and book 'em straight away :thumbup:

Nah it was a few away games. End up getting back to New Street from quite a few away games.

Mikey is coming.

I'm making him.

Has anyone ever seen the £7 single tickets to and from London that East Midlands Trains are supposed to have for sale? I am beginning to think they don't exist. :(

Has anyone ever seen the £7 single tickets to and from London that East Midlands Trains are supposed to have for sale? I am beginning to think they don't exist. :(

I was only discussing this at the weekend. You can't get them online you have to go to the station and ask for them.

I was only discussing this at the weekend. You can't get them online you have to go to the station and ask for them.

A great plan, except I don't live near the station. :doh:

I have, however, secured cheap tickets for the Orient game. Thank you Cross Country trains.

A great plan, except I don't live near the station. :doh:

I have, however, secured cheap tickets for the Orient game. Thank you Cross Country trains.

How much?

Did you click on "cheaper tickets on slower routes" which actually brings up the same route, but with the cheap tickets!! :frusty:

How much?

Did you click on "cheaper tickets on slower routes" which actually brings up the same route, but with the cheap tickets!! :frusty:

Where is this "cheaper tickets on slower routes"? I see no "cheaper tickets on slower routes".

Archived