Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wellman

Madrid V Barcelona

Was an awesome game, Beckham, Gravesen were excellent imo and Barca's keeper was very poor, 2 goals in off of him, 1 Goal straight under his body. but a hugely entertainin game!

El Fantastico :D brilliant entertainment, and i thought Barcelona were very unlucky not to get something from the game. If the keepers swapped teams the result would have been very different. the referee was poor and Barca should have had a penalty, but it wasnt to be and it will be an interesting run in to the season now. i thought Beckham and Owen were very good for Madrid, but Ronaldinhos goal and performance backed my thoughts that hes the best player in the world up very nicely :)

El Fantastico :D brilliant entertainment, and i thought Barcelona were very unlucky not to get something from the game. If the keepers swapped teams the result would have been very different. the referee was poor and Barca should have had a penalty, but it wasnt to be and it will be an interesting run in to the season now. i thought Beckham and Owen were very good for Madrid, but Ronaldinhos goal and performance backed my thoughts that hes the best player in the world up very nicely :)

91102[/snapback]

some good spanish you've got there. :thumbup: i think it was a penalty for Barca but it serves him right for falling over like a sack of sh*t. if he just fell he would probably have got the penalty.

91102[/snapback]

some good spanish you've got there. :thumbup: i think it was a penalty for Barca but it serves him right for falling over like a sack of sh*t. if he just fell he would probably have got the penalty.

91139[/snapback]

Yeah Your right he was a bit of a pr*ck then, and i agree that if he went down normally it would have been a penalty

Great game to watch, but as i prefer Barcelona, the result wasn't ideal :(

Still 6 points clear though :D

91337[/snapback]

I prefer Barca too, they havent won the league since ive been following their results, so i'm hoping they dont throw it away this year...

Some of the worst defending I have ever seen. Pavon and Olegeur should not be allowed ot play for such important clubs!

Hopefully now people will realise that David Beckham is a world class midfield player who is playing well for Madrid. Sean Wright=Phillips anyone? <_<

Some of the worst defending I have ever seen. Pavon and Olegeur should not be allowed ot play for such important clubs!

Hopefully now people will realise that David Beckham is a world class midfield player who is playing well for Madrid. Sean Wright=Phillips anyone?  <_<

92082[/snapback]

To be honest, when's the last time you've seen Beckham such a good game? It was arguably his best ever performance for Real, and he's been quite average this season. Luckily for him Figo and Ronaldo have been even worse this season and so he doesn't get as much flack...

Hopefully now people will realise that David Beckham is a world class midfield player who is playing well for Madrid. Sean Wright=Phillips anyone?  <_<

92082[/snapback]

To be honest, when's the last time you've seen Beckham such a good game? It was arguably his best ever performance for Real, and he's been quite average this season. Luckily for him Figo and Ronaldo have been even worse this season and so he doesn't get as much flack...

92095[/snapback]

Beckham was easily Real's best player at the start of the season as he was thoughout the season before, apart from the last few weeks. He had another dip in form midway through this season, which is no spurise with the instability they have had this season, but for the last month or so I think he has been playing really well.

The media present his spell in madrid in a much more negative light than is accurate. In my opinion he has personally been a success where as the team has been a collective failure.

92082[/snapback]

92095[/snapback]

Beckham was easily Real's best player at the start of the season as he was thoughout the season before, apart from the last few weeks. He had another dip in form midway through this season, which is no spurise with the instability they have had this season, but for the last month or so I think he has been playing really well.

The media present his spell in madrid in a much more negative light than is accurate. In my opinion he has personally been a success where as the team has been a collective failure.

92096[/snapback]

I'm not going to argue with you here. I haven't been paying enough attention to Real Madrid to give any detailed opinion, but I don't agree with your valuation of Becks ;) to say he was easily the best last season is squeezing it a bit hard IMO. He's not been bad no, and he's done ok personally but he has often been found out. He's no dribbler and he ain't a tackler either. He's looked out of sorts ever so often and doesn't provide any creative sparks when Real try to break down a team. He's being played in a position where his crossing ability is ignored. He obviously still has his strengths in his long passing and free kicks, but that is not what Real need, hence one of the reasons for the disjointed performances by Real this season and last...

92082[/snapback]

92095[/snapback]

92096[/snapback]

I'm not going to argue with you here. I haven't been paying enough attention to Real Madrid to give any detailed opinion, but I don't agree with your valuation of Becks ;) to say he was easily the best last season is squeezing it a bit hard IMO. He's not been bad no, and he's done ok personally but he has often been found out. He's no dribbler and he ain't a tackler either. He's looked out of sorts ever so often and doesn't provide any creative sparks when Real try to break down a team. He's being played in a position where his crossing ability is ignored. He obviously still has his strengths in his long passing and free kicks, but that is not what Real need, hence one of the reasons for the disjointed performances by Real this season and last...

92098[/snapback]

You can call Real's performances disjointed last season but you must remember if they had not lost 6 of their last 7 games they would have won the league at a canter. For The First 31 of 38 games last season Real madrid were anythign but disjointed.

David Beckham has been playing right midfied since Luxemburgo took over and its a common misconception that he can't tackle. He does not need to be able to dribble round players as he is the best passer of the ball in the world and Real already have plenty of players looking to hang onto the ball and beat a player.

Archived