Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Knighton Matt

100 greatest albums....

2 albums in the top 15 for mighty Oasis :D :D :D

94773[/snapback]

Am I the only one who think Oasis have had a few good singles but that the rest of their album tracks are just fillers? :blink:

95369[/snapback]

No your not the only one, but there are also people out there who like every song they have ever recorded. When they recorded the first two albums their b-sides were better than most bands could ever wish to produce!! If you gave a listen to "The Materplan" which is an album of b's you'd be amazed how good it is. One of my favourite songs "Whatever" was never even released or put on an album!

95406[/snapback]

The Masterplan is ok yeah... I like The Swamp Song (?) and The Acquiesce

Oasis have just been the same unoriginal band all these years in my opinion. But they at least keep the quality at the same level :rolleyes:;)

95408[/snapback]

I have a copy of the new album and it has quite a different sound to it. There seems to be a bit of experimentation with the voices on it. Which if anything is the only critisism i have of oasis. For me the music is very different on their songs, it's the Liam "whine" that makes things seem the same as he never seems to change the variation in his voice!

The songs 'mucky fingers' (sang by Noel) and 'I guess God thinks i'm abel' (liam) have quite an experiemental feel with there voices. Although i must add the Noel penned songs are complete and utter Rolling Stones rip offs!! It's not even well hidden rip offs!! 'Keep the dream alive' is a good song, spoilt a bit by Liams whine though.

I think Coldplay are going to eclipse them sales wise, the new album (heard about 6 tracks) is really good. 'Talk' and 'speed of sound' are good. Although 'speed of sound' is a bit close sounding to clocks.

94773[/snapback]

Am I the only one who think Oasis have had a few good singles but that the rest of their album tracks are just fillers? :blink:

95369[/snapback]

No your not the only one, but there are also people out there who like every song they have ever recorded. When they recorded the first two albums their b-sides were better than most bands could ever wish to produce!! If you gave a listen to "The Materplan" which is an album of b's you'd be amazed how good it is. One of my favourite songs "Whatever" was never even released or put on an album!

95406[/snapback]

Oasis have just been the same unoriginal band all these years in my opinion. But they at least keep the quality at the same level :rolleyes:;)

95408[/snapback]

I have a copy of the new album and it has quite a different sound to it. There seems to be a bit of experimentation with the voices on it. Which if anything is the only critisism i have of oasis. For me the music is very different on their songs, it's the Liam "whine" that makes things seem the same as he never seems to change the variation in his voice!

The songs 'mucky fingers' (sang by Noel) and 'I guess God thinks i'm abel' (liam) have quite an experiemental feel with there voices. Although i must add the Noel penned songs are complete and utter Rolling Stones rip offs!! It's not even well hidden rip offs!! 'Keep the dream alive' is a good song, spoilt a bit by Liams whine though.

I think Coldplay are going to eclipse them sales wise, the new album (heard about 6 tracks) is really good. 'Talk' and 'speed of sound' are good. Although 'speed of sound' is a bit close sounding to clocks.

95480[/snapback]

do u work in the music industry? how do u get hold of all these albums pre-release?

94773[/snapback]

95369[/snapback]

95406[/snapback]

95408[/snapback]

95480[/snapback]

do u work in the music industry? how do u get hold of all these albums pre-release?

95629[/snapback]

The internet is a wonderful thing!! ;) The oasis album is all over the net, so are a few coldplay songs.**

**I already have both on order so it's not stealing!! :P

I think oasis are class and really enjoy each of thier albums on its own merits.  Id be surprised if coldplay out sell them to be honest.

95598[/snapback]

Coldplays last album sold over 16 million copies worldwide i believe. Oasis probably sold 10 million at most.

94773[/snapback]

95369[/snapback]

95406[/snapback]

95408[/snapback]

95480[/snapback]

I agree with that one, I heard it on Chris Moyles' show yesterday but its a grower. Oasis definately should have packed up after 'Whats the Story' Its been downhill since then in my opinion. :)

94773[/snapback]

95369[/snapback]

95406[/snapback]

95408[/snapback]

95480[/snapback]

I agree with that one, I heard it on Chris Moyles' show yesterday but its a grower. Oasis definately should have packed up after 'Whats the Story' Its been downhill since then in my opinion. :)

95727[/snapback]

Bog off... their new album still wipes the floor with the kaiser chiefs!!

:thumbup:

94773[/snapback]

95369[/snapback]

95406[/snapback]

95408[/snapback]

95480[/snapback]

95727[/snapback]

Bog off... their new album still wipes the floor with the kaiser chiefs!!

:thumbup:

95763[/snapback]

Yow bog off chum, the Kaisers rock mate more so than boring Oasis!

The way these lists are compiled is laughable.

There are 125 records chosen by C4 and anybody with enough tinme on their hands can pick their top 10 records and submit them on the website. It is obvious that many peoples favorite album will not be on the list and that some albums which would not get anywhere enar the top 100 are going to sneak in by default! Bloody stupid.

Plus The Beach Boys- Pet Sounds in the 30's???? :ermm:

There are 125 records chosen by C4 and anybody with enough tinme on their hands can pick their top 10 records and submit them on the website. It is obvious that many peoples favorite album will not be on the list and that some albums which would not get anywhere enar the top 100 are going to sneak in by default! Bloody stupid.

Plus The Beach Boys- Pet Sounds in the 30's????  :ermm:

96143[/snapback]

The only 'real' way of making a Top 100 is ranking them according to sales...fair or not, but that's the only way..

96143[/snapback]

The only 'real' way of making a Top 100 is ranking them according to sales...fair or not, but that's the only way..

96245[/snapback]

Not really because of the number of dodgy downloadlers now days. It's probably as close as you would get though.

I just don't believe that in a poll ok computer would come top... it smells fishy to me. Who did they poll, the Radiohead bloody fan club!!

96143[/snapback]

96245[/snapback]

Not really because of the number of dodgy downloadlers now days. It's probably as close as you would get though.

I just don't believe that in a poll ok computer would come top... it smells fishy to me. Who did they poll, the Radiohead bloody fan club!!

96285[/snapback]

Nah it was Cobbo with his finger on 'redial!' ;)

96143[/snapback]

96245[/snapback]

96285[/snapback]

Nah it was Cobbo with his finger on 'redial!' ;)

96330[/snapback]

B)

96143[/snapback]

96245[/snapback]

No. People albums they don't like or are not inspired by all the time. There is NO fair way.

96143[/snapback]

96245[/snapback]

No. People albums they don't like or are not inspired by all the time. There is NO fair way.

96594[/snapback]

I don't disagree :ermm: I'm just saying that any other way of making a list is purely based on a minority's opinion. The only fair way is to make everyone in the world compile their top 100 and do a list out of those... easy! :rolleyes:

96143[/snapback]

96245[/snapback]

96594[/snapback]

I don't disagree :ermm: I'm just saying that any other way of making a list is purely based on a minority's opinion. The only fair way is to make everyone in the world compile their top 100 and do a list out of those... easy! :rolleyes:

96675[/snapback]

That's not fair either. People will always favour more recent albums because they are close to mind. Hence Radiohead beating the Beatles and the beach boys.

96143[/snapback]

96245[/snapback]

96594[/snapback]

96675[/snapback]

That's not fair either. People will always favour more recent albums because they are close to mind. Hence Radiohead beating the Beatles and the beach boys.

96899[/snapback]

Umm... what makes you think 40-50 year olds will pick Radiohead instead of the Beatles???... I can safely guarantee that the Beatles would beat Radiohead in a poll anyday. Of course it will never be 100% fair. 100 years ago, they would've said Mozart maybe...but times change. You have to agree though, that making everyone vote their favourite albums is the fairest way :huh::blink:

Not that it matters because it's a ridiculous thought anyway...

I think The Bealtes vote was evenly split between Revolver, Sergent. Pepp, and The White Album where as there is pretty much a concencus that OK Computer is Radiohead's outstanding album. That goes someway to explaining their high position, which I'm not suprised by. Critics have always championed it as one of the freatest albums ever and I think deservedly so.

I can safely guarantee that the Beatles would beat Radiohead in a poll anyday.

97099[/snapback]

Like they did in this poll then!!!!!!! :blink:

97892[/snapback]

That was not a worldwide poll though... not many in the US will have heard of Radiohead, but most will know the Beatles. Same with mainland Europe..

I can safely guarantee that the Beatles would beat Radiohead in a poll anyday.

97099[/snapback]

Like they did in this poll then!!!!!!! :blink:

97892[/snapback]

That was not a worldwide poll though... not many in the US will have heard of Radiohead, but most will know the Beatles. Same with mainland Europe..

97897[/snapback]

You didn't say worldwide poll :blink: You said "I can safely guarantee that the Beatles would beat Radiohead in a poll anyday" and they didn't!!

Archived