Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Alf Bentley

Morrison & Hobbs

You mean when Hobbs was playing at right back :dunno:

Yep, our defence totally fell to pieces. Kisnorbo's introduction sparked a bad run of games for us, and I personally don't think it was merely coincidental. Hobbs was totally out of place at right back, and the defence paid for it.

Yep, our defence totally fell to pieces. Kisnorbo's introduction sparked a bad run of games for us, and I personally don't think it was merely coincidental. Hobbs was totally out of place at right back, and the defence paid for it.

So to imply that Kisnorbo was solely responsibly for the poor performances and results is some what unfair when Hobbs playing at right back was an absolute catastrophe.

So to imply that Kisnorbo was solely responsibly for the poor performances and results is some what unfair when Hobbs playing at right back was an absolute catastrophe.

Of course he's not solely responsible, but I think his re-introduction didn't help matters at all. It meant Hobbs moved to right back which was to sum it up, disastrous.

There is absolutely no grounds whatsoever to in any way criticise the performance of Hobbs and Morrison last night. They were both brilliant.

Tunchev may be seen as the best signing we have made at the back, and of course it's easy to put together a strong arguement for his case. But, he is an international and he does have experience and he is clearly playing well below his level.

Morrison on the other hand, is much younger, has much less experience and was playing non-league football last season. In terms of potential - he's the best signing we've made this season.

Morrison and Hobbs made it look easy last night.

We're not missing Kisnorbo. And, on last nights performance, we won't miss Tunchev either.

Of course he's not solely responsible, but I think his re-introduction didn't help matters at all. It meant Hobbs moved to right back which was to sum it up, disastrous.

We didn't move Hobbs to accommodate Kisnorbo, we had no one else to play right back. I would contend that the results at that time had significantly more to do with that than Kisnorbo coming back.

From the RL commentary it sounded like Gilbert had a great game, one of his best, and he got the MOTM award from Tony Thorpe - so I'm a bit confused :dunno: Is your criticism of the player a personal thing or are you just winding people up Mr. Phube?

Hobbs and Morrison seemed to gel last night and have the potential to become an excellent pairing at the heart of the defence, and bringing Kisnorbo back could well upset the balance again(unless he's already earmarked for a transfer!). Do we need extra cover against injuries? Seems as if Worley isn't gonna offer us anything, although have no idea how his loan is working out(I think he's on loan isn't he?).

Just glad we've finally opened up a decent gap on the rest and hope we can continue when Huddersfield come down on Saturday! :chant:

We didn't move Hobbs to accommodate Kisnorbo, we had no one else to play right back. I would contend that the results at that time had significantly more to do with that than Kisnorbo coming back.

I was at the Oldham game when he first got introduced back (at half time) and the difference in whole team performance was unbelievable on the introduction of Kisnorbo (excellent first half very poor second).

However I accept it would be lazy to assume it was the sole influence of Kisnorbo however it is a strong coincidence.

I do however reserve judgement until his next come back.

Archived