Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Alf Bentley

Morrison & Hobbs

Looked pretty decent, I thought, even if the opposition was limited.

Given the problems that some clubs face, it makes me laugh to hear people on here worrying about these two. Yes, they're not as good as Tunchev (a centre-half of Premier League class), but they are both adequate Championship level players, never mind League 1. It concerns me that Hobbs still seems to jump under crosses sometime, but he's improved massively in 6 months - looked like a major weak link when I first saw him. As for Morrison, he looks like a bright and confident boy. He's not played that many games, but still looks better than he did 6 months ago - and that's after coming from non-league. Good passing today, as per his stint at right back in 1 game...

Bound to let in 1 or 2 more goals with Hobbs/Morrison than with Tunchev, but would still settle for the 2 of them this season - and the 3 (plus 1, preferably not Kisnorbo, a great defender, unless he can learn to pass the ball).

Morrison was lucky not to get booked in the first half with 2 fouls on the same bloke (I think). Thought Hobbs had one of his best games for us, blocked pretty much every shot and cross. MOTM

On last nights showing, I dont know whether I would put Kisnorbo in when he comes back.

I wouldn't.

Morrison & Hobbs looked solid last night.

Really thought they would struggle.

However, no disrespect to them, but it was only Yeovil Town.

I wouldn't.

Morrison & Hobbs looked solid last night.

Really thought they would struggle.

However, no disrespect to them, but it was only Yeovil Town.

Soory, my post prob wasnt clear. I meant that on last nights showing, I prob wouldnt put Kisnorbo back in to the team.

:unsure:

Did nothing wrong yesterday, and I can only assume you haven't been to many matches this season? :whistle:

Worst player... gave ball away a good few times! And no I haven't!

It's the only bloody game you've seen for about three years! He's been one of our better players this season!

Hence I can only judge him on the only game I've seen (plus I was an ST holder 3 years ago! :P ).

So you're saying he's been one of the better along with:

Fryatt

Tunchev

King

Dyer

Oakley

Hobbs

?

Hence I can only judge him on the only game I've seen (plus I was an ST holder 3 years ago! :P ).

Fryatt

Tunchev

King

Dyer

Oakley

Hobbs

?

Yes, I am. Remember what happened when he didn't play?

Fryatt

Tunchev

King

Dyer

Oakley

Hobbs

?

Yes. He's been a significant part of a defence that has conceded 19 goals in 25 matches, and looks threatening going forward and offers support to Oakley/Gradel/Adams.

They'll both be fine together in League One, I've got confidence in both of them. Kisnorbo shouldn't come back into the team until he warrants it or one of either Hobbs or Morrison isn't producing the goods. We all know what happened last time Kisnorbo came back in the team for no reason...

They'll both be fine together in League One, I've got confidence in both of them. Kisnorbo shouldn't come back into the team until he warrants it or one of either Hobbs or Morrison isn't producing the goods. We all know what happened last time Kisnorbo came back in the team for no reason...

You mean when Hobbs was playing at right back :dunno:

Kerry Gilbo was good enough to have a chat with a bunch of us at Victoria. Fair play to him.

What a guy. I think me, Bert, Tommeh and Tevez spotted him after you lot but was a great guy. Misses werent bad either.

Anyway. Hobbs is a solid defender and Morrison is getting better and better everytime he completes a full ninety. I have no concerns that they are the two centre halfs that can lead us back to the Championship.

Archived