Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Isn't it nice?

Over the last few years if we went a goal down it was game over, that was the thought's of everyone connected with the club starting with all the managers we have had, to the players, right through to the fans. Last year especially we went a goal down and it was if the management and players had their excuse and it was pointless to even try and fight back.

Isn't it nice for once to have the confidence in a City team to have abit of fightback again? To go a goal or two down but know we have the fight to bring it back or at least have a go and try..

It's nice to have a decent challenge and a thoroughly competitive home game for a change.

No coincidence that our best 2 results/ atmospheres and most enjoyable days at home this season have been today and Peterborough, 2 teams who actually came out and tried to attack.

its nice to see players having shots from range, the squad oozes confidence, and so does the crowd. we went down twice today and people were still optimistic which is great to see (well apart from the old farts around us full of doubt :whistle: ), also glad the crowd have got off players backs for not hitting the target with there shots, always stumped me why they did that <_<

'Let them have their moment'

Was my response when they scored :giggle: Full of confidence.

My response when they scored was, "We beat then 3-2, scoring in the last minute at their place, we'll do it again", except we beat them 4-2 and not in the last minute.

It's nice to have a decent challenge and a thoroughly competitive home game for a change.

No coincidence that our best 2 results/ atmospheres and most enjoyable days at home this season have been today and Peterborough, 2 teams who actually came out and tried to attack.

The facts are that any team in this league who plays anything like an attacking game ie Petewrborough and Huddersfield will concede a lot of goals . Teams who play physical and 9 men behind thje ball ie Millwall and Northampton get results so I dont anticipate many more open games Leeds perhaps

Whether teams come to the Way and try and attack us, or defend in depth, the end result has usually been the same - a City home win.

Apart from Leeds and possibly Oldham, none of the remaining teams to visit us should pose any real threat.

Whether teams come to the Way and try and attack us, or defend in depth, the end result has usually been the same - a City home win.

Apart from Leeds and possibly Oldham, none of the remaining teams to visit us should pose any real threat.

It may be true (on paper) but that is a horrible mentality to have and one which I believe has been with us for the last 4 or 5 seasons previous to the current campaign the end result has usually been the same - a City home loss, relegation battles and disappointment.

Archived