Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scow

Northampton Boss: Leicester are direct and rigid

Pearson had his response all planned.

He said: "Lads, in the first half we'll play direct and rigid and still hold our own. Then in the second half, we'll play the passing football that we're capable of and we'll win"

:thumbup:

Seriously, I reckon he had a word with them at half-time because there was a lot more passing football second half and a lot less hoofing.

You're right but the big reason was probably Northampton starting to run out of gas and failing to close us down quite so quickly. Once our midfielders gained a bit of space we started passing them to near submission.

We just let ourselves concede a bit of easy ground in the last five or six minutes and you just knew they'd have a chance or two. And how close they were to scoring! I really wish we wouldn't do it.

Basically saying, "Pearson's a solid bloke. I respect him enormously. But he's got about as much imagination as a concrete lamp-post and I'm going to whip his arse."

Nice one Thrac.

If only they would speak like this in post match interviews then football would be a lot more entertaining

Archived