Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Edmund

Youngsters Cruise Past Bluebirds

http://www.lcfc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10274~1565157,00.html

Leicester City's under 18 side recorded an impressive 4-1 victory at Cardiff City on Saturday.

0,,10274~3730180,00.jpg

The youngsters went behind as early as the third minute of the contest, but goals from Elliott Chamberlain (2), Robbie Burns and substitute Adi Yussef helped City to make amends for their early slip.

Academy manager Jon Rudkin said: "We didn't start the game brilliantly, but I was pleased with our play following the opening 15 minutes of the contest.

"The pitch was difficult as there had been a rugby match played on it the evening prior to the match, but we dealt with that.

"Cardiff had a man sent off at the start of the second half and we dominated after that. Overall it was a pleasing win."

City: Ambrusics, O'Neill, Cobb, Turner, Bolger, Chamberlain, Milnes, Hicks (Yussef), Burns, C King (John), Kee (Schlupp)

Even this seasons shirt looks decent without a sponsor, can't wait for nexts.

I agree, doesn't look bad at all. Was it possible to purchase that shirt or did it have to be the one with that silly logo on the front?

it's because the academy have a separate sponsor I believe

Ok explains that one.

Also I notice that Elliott Chamberlain seems to score quite a few. Can anyone shed any light on him does he have what it takes to make it?

Looks like a spitting image of mattock as well. :giggle:

Ok explains that one.

Also I notice that Elliott Chamberlain seems to score quite a few. Can anyone shed any light on him does he have what it takes to make it?

Looks like a spitting image of mattock as well. :giggle:

Chamberlain's a steady predator. He looks a bit lightweight to me and a guy who drifts in and out of games.

It's hard at this stage to imagine he'll break out of the pack and make any great impression, especially when considered alongside others, like McKay, Odhiambo, Chambers, Beswick and Kee who do make you sit up a bit but who still haven't made any great impact for whatever reason.

Worse for them, Pearson has raised the bar at City. A year ago you could make a case for several of our youngsters. But look, for instance, at Gradel.

I still believe in the lad he has immense skill but, while he still has an impressive assists ratio considering the games he's played, he's not had a memorable season and has drifted out of the first choice reckoning although when I look at our bench sometimes I still wonder why.

Porter is another and with the best will in the world, having watched all three at under 18 and/or reserve team level, I wouldn't see Chamberlain as being in the class of those two. As always, I'd be extremely happy for him to prove me wrong but you did ask for an opinion.

Chamberlain's a steady predator. He looks a bit lightweight to me and a guy who drifts in and out of games.

It's hard at this stage to imagine he'll break out of the pack and make any great impression, especially when considered alongside others, like McKay, Odhiambo, Chambers, Beswick and Kee who do make you sit up a bit but who still haven't made any great impact for whatever reason.

Worse for them, Pearson has raised the bar at City. A year ago you could make a case for several of our youngsters. But look, for instance, at Gradel.

I still believe in the lad he has immense skill but, while he still has an impressive assists ratio considering the games he's played, he's not had a memorable season and has drifted out of the first choice reckoning although when I look at our bench sometimes I still wonder why.

Porter is another and with the best will in the world, having watched all three at under 18 and/or reserve team level, I wouldn't see Chamberlain as being in the class of those two. As always, I'd be extremely happy for him to prove me wrong but you did ask for an opinion.

Thanks for taking the time to reply and couldn't have asked for much more. As ive not watched the academy play I don't have a clue on how much prospect these players have apart from the brief match reports from the os and football manger stats :giggle:

Also is craig king any relation to andy?

On gradel I still think he is in Pearson's plans and maybe it might not be to much about ability on the reason why he is has slowly drifted from the side. We all know he has had a hell of a lot to deal with off the field and at such a young age you don't know how well he is coping. It is very tragic but lets hope it makes him a stronger person. Like stated why Dickov is chose ahead of Gradel is beyond belief but you have to back nigel all the way and his decisions.

I wonder if Gradel will feature for us if we get back to the championship or maybe out on loan again to build up his confidence. After raving reviews in pre season and a brilliant loan spell at Bournemouth, I like many others had high hopes.

Is there anyone else in he academy who you think has the potential to break into the first team squad or be there abouts in the next year or so?

Thanks for taking the time to reply and couldn't have asked for much more. As ive not watched the academy play I don't have a clue on how much prospect these players have apart from the brief match reports from the os and football manger stats :giggle:

Also is craig king any relation to andy?

On gradel I still think he is in Pearson's plans and maybe it might not be to much about ability on the reason why he is has slowly drifted from the side. We all know he has had a hell of a lot to deal with off the field and at such a young age you don't know how well he is coping. It is very tragic but lets hope it makes him a stronger person. Like stated why Dickov is chose ahead of Gradel is beyond belief but you have to back nigel all the way and his decisions.

I wonder if Gradel will feature for us if we get back to the championship or maybe out on loan again to build up his confidence. After raving reviews in pre season and a brilliant loan spell at Bournemouth, I like many others had high hopes.

Is there anyone else in he academy who you think has the potential to break into the first team squad or be there abouts in the next year or so?

No Craig King is no relation of Andy although he is one of our more promising prospects. Pearson has already involved him with the first team. He's a busy player, lots of stamina and strength, fairly quick, excellent skills but the big question is, can he make enough things happen?

For me he's inclined to take a touch too many and to run into blind alleys without getting his head up and seein the big picture. But he's still young and sems clearly willing to learn. Skill wise, he's a prospect. But you also need a natural football brain and a certain ruthlessness to break through and it's that I'm waiting to see.

As for the rest it's perhaps too early to judge right now. People like Andy King and Joe Mattock were lucky enough to come through with the back up from a brilliant team. Today's better youngsters don't have that advantage so it will be that much harder.

Most promising I suppose are left-back Joe Cobb plus right-backs Lee Cox and Luke O'Neill but others may break through too in time. I wouldn't bet money on anyone though.

Referring to Detari's question about Schlupp and Moore I've only seen them a couple of times. Moore scored a header by showing great determination and first impressions were good ones. But I've really not seen enough to form a committed opinion.

As I say, they all have to be compared with the likes of Gradel, Porter, Wesolowski, McKay, Kee, Sappleton, Odhiambo and Beswick who have so far got nowhere or merely flowered for a short season and then disappeared.

Archived