Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tevez

Will other clubs be using Leicester City as an example?

The Foxes currently are on the cusp of bouncing straight back after relegation to League One. Barring something spectacular the Addicks might once again be advised to look towards the East Midlands club for inspiration.

From the Charlton Athletic blog on BBC Sport. Is it really a blessing in disguise? I'm not to sure if this will change us should we go up but I'd like to see everyones views.

From the Charlton Athletic blog on BBC Sport. Is it really a blessing in disguise? I'm not to sure if this will change us should we go up but I'd like to see everyones views.

They should be looking to us as an example :P

Just as we should be looking to Swansea and Bristol City as an example next season.

Come on boyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyys :scarf:

Manchester City, Hull City, Stoke City, and I'm sure there's some others all spent time in Leauge 1/Division 2 and then progressed to the Premiership.

If you get into the winning habit it's hard to stop it, so hopefully this will turn out as a necessary evil. Hopefully it's given the fans a bit of a reality check too, although part of me thinks there will still be a large majority expecting us to go up again IF we go up this time of course.

Manchester City, Hull City, Stoke City, and I'm sure there's some others all spent time in Leauge 1/Division 2 and then progressed to the Premiership.

If you get into the winning habit it's hard to stop it, so hopefully this will turn out as a necessary evil. Hopefully it's given the fans a bit of a reality check too, although part of me thinks there will still be a large majority expecting us to go up again IF we go up this time of course.

I'm sure I read something at the start of the season that no 'big' team (No team at all? Surely that can't be right though :dunno:) have come down to League One and gone straight back up automatically. Dunno if it's true?

I know/think Man City went straight back up but that was via the playoffs.

If you had asked my last season or on the last day of last season I would have snapped your head of but I think relegation was needed, we needed to rebuild, all the cliches, we will see if it has all been worthwhile next season, I'm not expecting big things next season, I expect mid-table - Which in the Championship is likely to be a relegation battle it really is that tight, obviously we will see how things are going but my outlook for the moment is the following season after that aim for mid-table to playoffs, the season after that aim for promotion.

As Maddog has said we should look at what Swansea City, Bristol Rovers, Hull City, Wigan Athletic, but at the same time I don't agree, Swansea/Bristol fair enough challenging near top of Championship fair play to them but I think it will be wrong and possibly the worst scenario if we do what Hull or Wigan did, obviously they have done it and gone unharmed surviving in the Prem, but I think for us it would be to early and possibly send us right down and undo what has or is starting to be built here.

(Edit) Obviously if we did do back to back promotions I would take it, I wouldn't be moaning, but I do think it would be a bad thing and 'too early' for us.

We will see.

(Edit) Obviously if we did do back to back promotions I would take it, I wouldn't be moaning, but I do think it would be a bad thing and 'too early' for us.

We will see.

I know what you mean with the too early scenario, I've seen good managers get sacked before because they've done too well and then the expectations have gone beond what was possible.

One thing is for sure - enjoy the days in the sun while they last!

Archived