lookwhaticando Posted 22 May 2009 Posted 22 May 2009 I swear we had a topic about this a while back... some of the comical reviews of the product claimed things like "cured my aids" and all sorts of other wildly amusing stuff. Well, the 'joke' generated much popular demand for the product, and sales have increased hugely since the first review. Joke reviews boost t-shirt sales A T-shirt has become one of the most popular items sold by online retailer Amazon in the past few weeks.Sales of the kitsch Three Wolf Moon T-shirt shot up 2,300% after a spate of ironic reviews went viral. The first review gave the shirt five stars, saying it "Fits my girthy frame, has wolves on it, attracts women" but "cannot see wolves with arms crossed". That prompted hundreds of others to post frivolous reviews, turning the page into an internet phenomenon. "When I put this T-shirt on for the first time, my wife left me! Thank you, Three Wolf Moon T-Shirt," wrote one wag, while another said that "the Three Wolf Moon T-Shirt gave me a +10 resistance to energy attacks, +8 Strength... and I have successfully solved 7 crimes in my city".
Bellend Sebastian Posted 22 May 2009 Posted 22 May 2009 There's a gift shop at the horrible tourist trap that is Cheddar Gorge that has dozens, if not hundreds of t-shirts just like this one. Who wouldn't want a delightful airbrushed image of a unicorn in a forest on their front? I nearly bought one, so I'm excited that I can get such things on the internet
Babylon Posted 22 May 2009 Posted 22 May 2009 bit nerdy.video game humour at it's best--- Glad it's not an Oasis t-shirt.
lookwhaticando Posted 22 May 2009 Author Posted 22 May 2009 Does anyone recognise it? Seriously, I could've sworn there was a thread about this a while back. Or maybe I imagined it.
Zingari Posted 22 May 2009 Posted 22 May 2009 i wore one of those once and a jack russell tried to hump my leg
Phube Posted 22 May 2009 Posted 22 May 2009 Does anyone recognise it? Seriously, I could've sworn there was a thread about this a while back.Or maybe I imagined it. You're not mad... I too thought... hang on I've seen that T-shirt + funnies before.. it was probably on here!
Alexikokopops Posted 22 May 2009 Posted 22 May 2009 You're not mad... I too thought... hang on I've seen that T-shirt + funnies before.. it was probably on here! I think Hairy posted it in the joke thread. It was definitely in the joke thread.
lildave3 Posted 22 May 2009 Posted 22 May 2009 bit nerdy.video game humour at it's best--- It is a classic. And yeah I remember seeing the thread about this.
lookwhaticando Posted 23 May 2009 Author Posted 23 May 2009 Awesome. I never thought to check the joke thread. My favourite was how the humourless admin bloke replied about it not curing aids. Killjoy.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.