Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
James.

Struggling for ideas...

I've got 75 downloads on eMusic and I'm going through a phase where I can't be arsed to trawl around looking for new music. I'm lacking ideas people. Help me.

So if anyone has any decent suggestions under the below genres then I'd be very grateful.

Dubstep

Drum n bass

Minimal techno

Fidget house

Ambient

Breaks

Dub

Reggae

Hip hop

Dirty electro

Punk folk

The last one is a joke. Sorry Finners.

Anything outside of these genres will be considered but had better be bloody good.

Love you

James x

Not sure what's on eMusic these days but in the last couple of days I've been getting into or getting back into Telefon Tel Aviv, Free The Robots, D.I.M., Cut Copy, D Kay, Hocus Pocus (French rap), DuvelDuvel (Dutch rap) and a few more that I'd have to check up on my iTunes tonight and let you know.

off the top of my head

DOOM (not longer MF) Born like this

Latryx - The Album

Thinderheist is an ok album

will get back to you

Cheers mate. I have an MF Doom album, think it's called Doomilation or something like that. Keep meaning to listen to it but haven't got round to it yet.

I assume that's Latryx, i.e. Quannum, etc..? Cool, will have a look at that and the other one.

Keep 'em coming!

Not sure what's on eMusic these days but in the last couple of days I've been getting into or getting back into Telefon Tel Aviv, Free The Robots, D.I.M., Cut Copy, D Kay, Hocus Pocus (French rap), DuvelDuvel (Dutch rap) and a few more that I'd have to check up on my iTunes tonight and let you know.

Nice one.

I have that Telefon Tel Aviv album. Really not sure what to make of it. I think it could be amazing but it hasn't quite clicked with me yet. I'll persevere though, I can see the potential.

Also got hold of Cut Copy and on first few listens I couldn't help but think how cheesy it was. Maybe that's another one I need to give a bit of time to.

Cheers for the others - will take a look. The Dutch know their music man, I was in The Hague last weekend and we stumbled on a bar playing ****ing superb dubstep and fidget house. Quality stuff. In The Hague of all places.

Nice one.

I have that Telefon Tel Aviv album. Really not sure what to make of it. I think it could be amazing but it hasn't quite clicked with me yet. I'll persevere though, I can see the potential.

Also got hold of Cut Copy and on first few listens I couldn't help but think how cheesy it was. Maybe that's another one I need to give a bit of time to.

Cheers for the others - will take a look. The Dutch know their music man, I was in The Hague last weekend and we stumbled on a bar playing ****ing superb dubstep and fidget house. Quality stuff. In The Hague of all places.

My Dad went to The Brussels Jazz Marathon.

Cut Copy are fantastic.

I'd just hang on for my CD swap if I were you mate, it's going to be big things.

I'm not massively into hip hop, what I like I generally picked up at uni and is pretty politically focused. Not sure if it's stuff you'll already know as I don't know how "big" it is.

I like this, anyway.

:giggle: That's probably the equivalent of me recommending The Tossers' most famous song (whatever it is) to you. ;)

Me too to a large extent, just tickled me.

Have been enjoying your fiery political output today Finnbar.

Ahaha. Every sixteen year old that posts in support of the BNP pushes me a step closer to coming out of the Communist closet. :giggle:

:giggle: That's probably the equivalent of me recommending The Tossers' most famous song (whatever it is) to you. ;)

lol my first thoughts as well.

Drum and bass wise James have you heard of "Shake Your Body" Shy Fx :giggle:

lol my first thoughts as well.

Drum and bass wise James have you heard of "Shake Your Body" Shy Fx :giggle:

To be fair Shy FX is one member of the ethnic minorities I would like to see removed from this country.

Have you ever seen him DJ? Shocking.

Have you ever seen him DJ? Shocking.

Yeah a few times down Leicester uni. Im usually to mashed to notice the mixing to be fair but ive got a couple of sets and I wouldn't say he's the messiest mixer but not the best as he does a lot of quick switches.

Ive not had time to compile a list for you but I will do sometime over the weekend. :thumbup:

lol

Anyway. Musically I'm going back to what I know - blanket noise. :thumbup:

l40380.jpg

I have one of their EPs from 1993 :ph34r:

Gosh.

Ez a few bits :

Drumz :

Lynx & Kemo - The Raw Truth LP

Calibre - Shelflife 2

Hospital Records (various) - Sick Music Album (29th June)

Spectrasoul - Captive/Poseidon

Q Project - In 2 Deep

Dirty Harry (Hazard alias) - Big cat (Jump Up)

Spor - Some Other Funk (Dirty)

Sabre - Originol Sin/The Crest

Spectrasoul - Alibi (Break remix)

Survival - Survival Album

Rufige Kru (goldie) - Shanghai Dub/Ever wanted

D Bridge and Instrumental - Wonder Why/ No Future (huge tune)

That's just new stuff from last cpl of weeks. theres tons more.

Check anything by Mutt as well he recently released a quality album.

An older album now available om mp3 : http://www.metalheadz.co.uk/Drum-and-bass-...e%20Tempus'

Hip Hop (uk) :

Two big albums if you haven't got them already :thumbup:

Ghost - Seldom Seen Often heard

Jehst - Falling Down

Other (Electro) :

Dirtyphonics - Vandals/Lottery

Noisia's electro stuff is big. Check there remix of a prodigy tune they did.

This is just some bits off the top of my head. There is so much more but I doubt you will be able to find them as they were vinyl only releases/deleted.

:)

Archived