Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bellend Sebastian

Supergrass no more

If there's a Supergrass thread already, I can't find it.

Anyway, they're calling it a day:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/music/newsid_10070000/newsid_10079400/10079438.stm

I can remember buying their first single for 99p on the back of quite a lot of hype, and although I didn't like it at first it's now one of me all time faves.

I thought their last album, Diamond Hoo Ha, was their best for AGES

If there's a Supergrass thread already, I can't find it.

Anyway, they're calling it a day:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/music/newsid_10070000/newsid_10079400/10079438.stm

I can remember buying their first single for 99p on the back of quite a lot of hype, and although I didn't like it at first it's now one of me all time faves.

Saw them in New York about 10 years ago and what a gig.

Made even more special by the fact that it was like them playing in someones bedroom due to the venue being so small

i, sadly (for me) never saw them, but i was massively into them (except for 'alright' which annoyed/annoys me as a song) and i've just been re-listening to them a lot over that last few months, with the hope of some new stuff in the near future. but that's not going to happen now. selfish bastards. <_<

Well, with a bit of luck the album that was supposedly recorded last year will see the light in some form.

Although their sideburns are well documented, I didn't appreciate that they'd branched out into dodgy moustaches as well, as evidenced during this instore performance of one of the highlights off the last album:

Underrated, unbeknownst to a larger audience (not in the spheres of Blur, Oasis or Radiohead, that's for sure). Always stuck to their own particular sound and developed it further with each album.

Loved them for their self-titled album and because they never really took themselves too seriously.

It was fun while it lasted. Thanks for all the great tunes.:thumbup:

I've got their first single too.

I was really looking forward to Diamond Hoo Ha having heard the first two singles off it but it proved to be a bit of a let down. Their self titled album was the best. Its a shame they have split as they were still capable of those moments of brilliance.

Archived