hackneyfox Posted 4 October 2010 Posted 4 October 2010 http://www.tribalfootball.com/wellens-leicester-players-excited-eriksson-appointment-1158001 So were the players behind his sacking? Doesn't sound like it
Fosse Boy Posted 4 October 2010 Posted 4 October 2010 Surprising as it was thought he was one of the biggest dissenters.
Fox You Forest Posted 4 October 2010 Posted 4 October 2010 You wouldn't expect him to say anything else in the press would you?
Onions Posted 4 October 2010 Posted 4 October 2010 Do people really expect him to come to the media and say how delighted he is?
Jay Posted 4 October 2010 Posted 4 October 2010 Surely the quote... "But things were not right and football is a results-driven business." says more than being shocked, you can be shocked by something but it doesn't mean you are disappointed
Fox You Forest Posted 4 October 2010 Posted 4 October 2010 Surely the quote... "But things were not right and football is a results-driven business." says more than being shocked, you can be shocked by something but it doesn't mean you are disappointed It's not the first little dig he's had either.
MrSpaM Posted 4 October 2010 Posted 4 October 2010 A fair few of the players have come out and said they were shocked, none have them have said they are sad or dissapointed to see the back of him though, which i think says alot.
Lillehamring Posted 4 October 2010 Posted 4 October 2010 You wouldn't expect him to say anything else in the press would you? he could have not said anything
hackneyfox Posted 4 October 2010 Author Posted 4 October 2010 Exactly my point Valerenga One of the papers, or someone on here, claimed that a group of senior players approached Mandaric. You wouldn't be 'shocked' had that been the case.
MikeyT Posted 19 October 2010 Posted 19 October 2010 From The Blue Army Leicester City players were right behind Paulo Sousa, says Richie Wellens Richie Wellens has rubbished rumours that the Leicester City players did not give their best for former manager Paulo Sousa. The Portuguese was sacked after picking up just one win from nine league games and replaced by new City boss Sven-Goran Eriksson, but Wellens said the players had given Sousa 100 per cent. Before his departure, Sousa did admit that a couple of squad members were unhappy and had submitted transfer requests, but Wellens said he had not asked to leave City. However, he did admit he had been concerned by the lack of intensity in Sousa's training sessions. "I don't think the players weren't behind Paulo," said Wellens. "If you look at our performances, the thing that was there was the work-rate and the effort. "Other things weren't there in terms of the results, but I don't think anyone didn't try. "It is easy to say this and that. I heard that some of us put a transfer request in, and one of them was supposedly me. I never put a transfer request in. "People want to make stories out of nothing. I thought Paulo was a nice guy but results just didn't go for him. "The only thing I thought was we didn't work hard enough in training. "When you are a player who needs to work hard every day to get the best out of you on match day, I found it difficult playing 11-a-side games which are shape orientated. We didn't really get a sweat on in training." Wellens said all the players had responded positively to the arrival of Sousa's successor Eriksson, and he believes the appointment of the former England manager was an indication of the ambition of the club's new Thai owners. "Sven has been great," said Wellens. "He is a very relaxed character and I think all the players like him. "When the rumours were going around I was a bit surprised at first. I thought there would be a number of clubs who would want to take him, international teams too, so it just shows the ambition of the Thai owners and what kind of people they are. "They want to be successful and Sven is a top, top manager. Obviously he has managed England before, which has helped us straight away, and he has won trophies in a lot of countries. "He has his own style. He is very relaxed and likes a laugh, but he wants us to train properly and he tells us when the serious stuff starts."
Jimmy Posted 19 October 2010 Posted 19 October 2010 he was probably shocked as Sousa was Milan's friend so didn't expect him to be sacked
dandannieldanok Posted 19 October 2010 Posted 19 October 2010 So he says they weren't worked hard enough in training under Sousa, yet delights in telling us how relaxed Sven is and offers no mention of whether the training has stepped up or not.
Dr The Singh Posted 19 October 2010 Posted 19 October 2010 So he says they weren't worked hard enough in training under Sousa, yet delights in telling us how relaxed Sven is and offers no mention of whether the training has stepped up or not. From the article "........but he wants us to train properly and he tells us when the serious stuff starts." I read that they are traning as one would expect!!
dandannieldanok Posted 19 October 2010 Posted 19 October 2010 From the article "........but he wants us to train properly and he tells us when the serious stuff starts." I read that they are traning as one would expect!! If he hadn't had said "and he tells us when the serious stuff starts" at the end, I'd have read it like you had. I don't particularly doubt that training under Sven is likely to be more intense and probably better organised than it was under Sousa, but I'm still personally a bit hacked off at some of the attitudes of the squad while Sousa was here. But that's just my personal view of it.
Dr The Singh Posted 19 October 2010 Posted 19 October 2010 If he hadn't had said "and he tells us when the serious stuff starts" at the end, I'd have read it like you had. I don't particularly doubt that training under Sven is likely to be more intense and probably better organised than it was under Sousa, but I'm still personally a bit hacked off at some of the attitudes of the squad while Sousa was here. But that's just my personal view of it. Agreed, you would want professionals to behave like professionals, but I suppose it's human nature, if were all alowed to slack off at work then more then likely we will!!
MrSpaM Posted 19 October 2010 Posted 19 October 2010 Quote from Tom Kennedy during Thailand trip when asked about Svens training techniques "The training feels like it's stepped up ten times" So anybody saying the trainings not changed is demented
Edmund Posted 19 October 2010 Posted 19 October 2010 So he says they weren't worked hard enough in training under Sousa, yet delights in telling us how relaxed Sven is and offers no mention of whether the training has stepped up or not. I definitely read it as training has improved since Sven has taken charge. I did state time after time the players looked unfit and cramping more than usual under the Sousa regime. Of course the babylon brigade said it was normal to be cramping at 70 minutes. But training has definitely been stepped up. With DF on the training ground I doubt there's much messing about anymore
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.