Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AmyLGK

North West Foxes

For Manc-based fans, went to Withington pub again yesterday evening (to watch Man U game). It has several screens and rooms - sure we'd be able to commandeer one - and a good atmosphere. Perfect.

It's the Red Lion, on Wilmslow Rd in Withington, about 200 yards city-side of Christies Hospital, on 42/142 and several other bus routes.

I'm really up for the Forest game. Just hope we've run into a better bit of form by then.

For Manc-based fans, went to Withington pub again yesterday evening (to watch Man U game). It has several screens and rooms - sure we'd be able to commandeer one - and a good atmosphere. Perfect.

It's the Red Lion, on Wilmslow Rd in Withington, about 200 yards city-side of Christies Hospital, on 42/142 and several other bus routes.

I'm really up for the Forest game. Just hope we've run into a better bit of form by then.

HUN I AM THERE!!! I've spoken to the other half and after a few grumbles of "will it just be you and a load of guys" and me saying "well come along then" then him saying "no, they will just comment on the fact I'm a Newcastle fan - but you should go" I'm well up for this! Still have to sort out the transport situation though!

Just south of Preston, big match this Saturday, its a local derby for me.

Same here, bout 20 mins south of old preston myself.

I'll try and make the pub for the forest game as working in manc centre at the min.

Edited by welck12

HUN I AM THERE!!! I've spoken to the other half and after a few grumbles of "will it just be you and a load of guys" and me saying "well come along then" then him saying "no, they will just comment on the fact I'm a Newcastle fan - but you should go" I'm well up for this! Still have to sort out the transport situation though!

Would like to offer a lift at least to Stockport bus/train station after the match, if that would help, but it's too early to know what I'll be doing myself yet. Off the alcohol at the mo, but might be back on it by then! Ask me nearer the time if you need help.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to it, time to turn Withington into LCFCs second home. Even better, Withington is student heavy so the drinks should be cut price - at least they should be subsidised given the way tuition fees are heading!

unfortunately knowing the Red Lion well its not student cheap. Not majorly expensive but just not cheap its standard pub prices! Cant wait for this woooooooooooooooooooo

Hi everyone. I live in Leeds and only get to a handful of games a season unfortunately - £ being the main issue! Would definitely like to get involved in a meet in Manc or Leeds in the future as its not as much fun watching games on your tod, or with Leeds fans with over inflated egos!

What's it like inside?

As I'm coming on my own and don't know anyone else going will it be blatantly obvious where you guys are? Will you be wearing city shirts in a red carnation fashion? :)

im the same, ill be wearing my city shirt in pride :) you'll probs see me in the smoking area most the time though. Its quite nice inside too, old style pub really!!

Im up for meeting in town, finish work at 4:30 so can meet from 5pm onwards for a bev or 5?

Am travelling down that night from the Uni if anyone wants to meet for a quick tipple at KRO being heading down for the game?

YES ME! AWESOME! :scarf:

Anyone avin a few in town b4 heading down I work on Portland street in city centre

Thanks near Kro - we could all meet up somewhere then if you doing fancy Kro!

im the same, ill be wearing my city shirt in pride :) you'll probs see me in the smoking area most the time though. Its quite nice inside too, old style pub really!!

Im up for meeting in town, finish work at 4:30 so can meet from 5pm onwards for a bev or 5?

Yes brilliant - I'd best lose some weight so I can fit in my shirt then!

5pm is fine with me - I work on Sackville Street so right in the city centre!

OK, let's get this sorted. If the majority of us are based in the city centre why don't we meet at KRO in Piccadilly Gardens before heading on the 42 bus down to Withington in good time for the game? I'd probably only be able to make it for 6pm tho.

What on Earth are u doing at uni till 6??? :cool:

OK, let's get this sorted. If the majority of us are based in the city centre why don't we meet at KRO in Piccadilly Gardens before heading on the 42 bus down to Withington in good time for the game? I'd probably only be able to make it for 6pm tho.

I'm coming from opposite direction so will probably skip KRO and go straight to Red Lion - meet you there. I'll also be in City shirt, and easily recognisable as the only pensioner (probably).