Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Barnsley Player Ratings ?

i need to hear more about this Sven bow...!

well as usual we were singing sven goran erikson sven goran erikson and he always lent foward and waved like mad , and at the end of the match he had to walk by us and after the outstanding show by the lads we were singing it reallly loud and he waved and then bowed he effin loved every second of it! and also it took me ages to get out the stands as i was on the back row and when the players came out to warm down we were chanting yuki give us a wave and he did i cheered like it was a goal lol one of the best away games i have been on in ages

well as usual we were singing sven goran erikson sven goran erikson and he always lent foward and waved like mad , and at the end of the match he had to walk by us and after the outstanding show by the lads we were singing it reallly loud and he waved and then bowed he effin loved every second of it! and also it took me ages to get out the stands as i was on the back row and when the players came out to warm down we were chanting yuki give us a wave and he did i cheered like it was a goal lol one of the best away games i have been on in ages

good effort!! :thumbup:

Weale - 7

Cunningham 7

Davies 8

Vitor 8

Naughton 7

Gallagher 6

Abe 8 MOTM

Wellens 7

King 8

Vassell 7

Waghorn 6

Subs:

Dyer - 7

Howard - 7

Moussa N/A

Explain to me just why do you think gally was one of the worst players on the pitch for leicester?

Player ratings as promised. rather late but it has been a busy weekend....

Weale 6.5. Barely put under pressure so was solid enough, dealt with everything played into the box. Looked to be caught unawares by Doyle's long shot and was lucky it came back off the crossbar, have not seen a replay so can not really say if he should have done better.

Naughton 7.5. Very confident performance from someone who has yet to play a handful of games, despite another different partner down the right he got forward well, crossed well and attacked the box on occasion. Possibly a little bit over enthusiastic at times, notably towards the end of the second half when a more defensive stance may well have sufficed.

Davies 7.5. Immense first half, slightly less comfortable second. If we can settle down to a regular defensive unit, assuming he stays, we will be very secure at the back. Poses a real threat at set pieces too, something we have not seen in a while.

Vitor 8.5. Superb, even during the spell when we let Barnsley back into it he was calm and assured throughout. His ability to stay on his feet when making tackles and coming away with the ball at his feet is in great contrast to our defensive play in recent years. Comfortable on the left, where neither Davies or Hobbs like to play, looks to be Premier League quality in the making.

Cunningham 7. Very decent, not given a lot of room to get forward and pressured by Hamill throughout, got very little defensive help from Gallagher but still did very well.

Wellens 7. Mostly played the deepest of our midfield three, his tackling remains largely a matter of luck and he gave the ball away too easily second half, but despite that he was pretty effective, continuing his recent improvements.

Abe 8. Tremendous energy and a fine all round game. Got forward more than I expected and covered a lot of ground, defensively solid too, even with the ball in the air. Looks a terrific prospect, similar all action style to Owen Hargreaves at his best, hope his knees are ok.

King 7.5. Another good all round display, two fine goals though as usual only one counted, couldn't see much wrong with the first. Seemed to get up and down more than in recent weeks where he has often been too far forward, good support from Abe in forward areas.

Vassell 7. Promising debut, showed good skills and rustiness in equal measure, given a few more games he will be very effective at this level, not sure but feel he night do better on the left. (leaving space for a fit Dyer on the right)

Waghorn 6.5. Still nothing like sharp enough, worked hard and led the line ok but doesn't really look like scoring. Although our first goal came from his free kick, surely he is one player we want in the box on set pieces, rather than providing the delivery.

Gallagher 7. Remains a slightly peripheral figue when deployed on the wing, excellent one minute and disinterested the next. He made the second goal yet could barely be bothered to help out defensively, annoying and I have to say, my patience is running thin.

Substitutes. Dyer was first on but struggled to get into the game, still does not look fit to me, Howard looked full of energy and did quite well, may well be an asset in tougher games. Moussa hardly had time to break sweat, nothing to show really.

Archived